• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

******* hell, I had a summer flu thing and, although I'm feeling better, there's still all kinds of gunk in my nose that won't break free and I sound like I have a smoker's cough. Aggravating.

:( feel beter douggie.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yea I change my tasks up every few months and will be implementing changes to mitigate risk on some of these tasks.
I'll have to look into access...I have used it before but don't know a whole lot about it.
Edit: No MS Access on my pcs...makes it somewhat of an issue...Neo, what would Access have allowed me to do? I can suggest it and probably have it installed if it will be worth it and I have a justifiable plan in place.

Access might not be the right solution either....all we know is what you have now is definitely *not* right. I don't know what kind of data you are trying to keep updated and what else is being done by those spreadsheets, but it sounds like your predecessor was wielding excel like a hammer and that data sure looked like a bunch of nails. Access might allow you to keep all of that stuff in one spot....so now you are just making sure that a single file has correctly updated 450 entries. Databases are good at solving problems like that.

Figure out a slick way to clean up and streamline the process and you'll look like a rock star.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got this project where what I'm building has to conform with relevant laws in about 20 countries. found out that people have been giving me things, saying that they are required legally, but are actually bullshit that they want put into the system for various selfish reasons :fu:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I've got this project where what I'm building has to conform with relevant laws in about 20 countries. found out that people have been giving me things, saying that they are required legally, but are actually bullshit that they want put into the system for various selfish reasons :fu:

...aaaaand this surprises you in what way?

Douglas, that's about the time I record a new voicemail greeting. The women in the office stop and listen when my voice deepens or gets raspy. One of them calls me Barry White. It's kind of nice, being sexually attractive for those few days a year.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...aaaaand this surprises you in what way?
Douglas, that's about the time I record a new voicemail greeting. The women in the office stop and listen when my voice deepens or gets raspy. One of them calls me Barry White. It's kind of nice, being sexually attractive for those few days a year.

Yeah but trust me, it gets boring being that way every day.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It seems my grandma is near the end. The final decline was surprising in its totality. Last Thursday night, she was talking, watching TV, fairly with-it. Within 12 hours she had entered a semi-comatic state and has been lingering ever since. We've been with her daily and I'm very grateful for the scant hours of lucidity she has given us. A lot of it has been babble that seems connected to her childhood ("Tell Mom I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make her angry!" and the like) but interspersed have been touching comments, always with a thin smile, like "Hi Michael, I love you."

This is the first time I've been around a dying relative. I just hope she passes on soon so that the ordeal is over, mostly for her sake but also for ours. It's beyond agonizing.

Last edited:

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Holy ****, man. That's terrible. But it sounds like all parties involved are dealing with it in the best possible way. Which is small consolation, no doubt, but I suppose it's the best any of us can muster.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Genuinely sorry for what's going on, Mike. In a way, I think it's been hard for a lot of us here who've pretty much kept up with this on-going situation too (in this very thread). Stay strong and best wishes.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mike, all the best to you and your family, particularly your grandmother.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My condolences, Mike. I hope you and your entire family can find peace.

Last edited:

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My condolences mike

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conne, that is a really difficult thing to see, but it is really great to see how much you put into being with her, and spending time with her. i am sure she appreciates it, and that is eases her pain to some level. best wishes to your entire family.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

It seems my grandma is near the end. The final decline was surprising in its totality. Last Thursday night, she was talking, watching TV, fairly with-it. Within 12 hours she had entered a semi-comatic state and has been lingering ever since. We've been with her daily and I'm very grateful for the scant hours of lucidity she has given us. A lot of it has been babble that seems connected to her childhood ("Tell Mom I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make her angry!" and the like) but interspersed have been touching comments, always with a thin smile, like "Hi Michael, I love you."
This is the first time I've been around a dying relative. I just hope she passes on soon so that the ordeal is over, mostly for her sake but also for ours. It's beyond agonizing.

:(

my grandmother passed away last year in l.a. she was in that same state, based on what my sister told me. you're so lucky to spend these last moments with her, mike. I hope she remains comfortable in her final days.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My god. I live next to a swing state and am inundated by political ads. I want to vomit. And Reince what's-his-name is on the Today show lying. Ugggggghhhh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads