• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

things I don't understand I: cars

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
FWIW, in countries with limited space (ie Asia) prestige automakers offer winter tire packages through the dealer where they mount and balance your snows and then store your summers for you. It's nice, but pricey obviously - but that's probably not a big concern when the cars are already quite expensive.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
FWIW, in countries with limited space (ie Asia) prestige automakers offer winter tire packages through the dealer where they mount and balance your snows and then store your summers for you. It's nice, but pricey obviously - but that's probably not a big concern when the cars are already quite expensive.

The MB dealer here in Indianapolis does this, too.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mercedes has a very small marketing budget globally in comparison to almost every other car brand. Trust me
smile.gif

Lordkunibert

Reaction score
only one thought,how can you seriously get out of a subaru,wearing a suit,without looking like an insurance broker from nebraska?

brescd01

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me, since I am supposed to have 2 cars if I own a Porsche and only drive the Porsche in pristine weather, what is the purpose of 4 wheel drive on the 911 and Panorama, both of which ship with summer tires? I know I am not a god enough driver to have a Porsche, but I am just curious.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brescd01
Can someone explain to me, since I am supposed to have 2 cars if I own a Porsche and only drive the Porsche in pristine weather, what is the purpose of 4 wheel drive on the 911 and Panorama, both of which ship with summer tires? I know I am not a god enough driver to have a Porsche, but I am just curious.
Porsches can be fitted with snow tires and driven in the snow. They handle superbly, even better than many SUVs. I have an SUV, but rather drive the 911 in the snow, and I know several other owners who do likewise. It's simply a matter of how a person chooses to use the car. For me, I don't "baby" vehicles, I drive them year round in mostly all conditions.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
can someone explain wtf car bras are for? they look terrible.

I agree, I think they look awful. They're to protect cars from chips, but I still wouldn't have one.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I agree, I think they look awful. They're to protect cars from chips, but I still wouldn't have one.

They also trap dirt underneath and then grind the **** out of your paint.

Also, who cares if your car is protected from chips if nobody will ever see that part of the car?

Better to get Stoneguard, and even better to just buy a car you can afford to fix when things go badly.

EMY

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay

They have "clear" bras now (clear laminate like thing) that are suppose to do the same thing. They seem to work, but are too expensive for me.

bing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EMY
They have "clear" bras now (clear laminate like thing) that are suppose to do the same thing. They seem to work, but are too expensive for me.

yeah 3M clear bra's are pretty hot these days. I think the price has come down but it depends on how much labour is involved.

It's basically like tinting your windows as far as the process goes. They have to cut and lay the material over the curves of the body panels and some cars are a real pain ********** to do

Ben85

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brescd01
Have you ever driven a 4WD car hard? They have much better grip if properly set up. That's why the Nissan GT-R is faster than the 911 around the nurburgring. And it's like half the price.

bing

Reaction score
driving winterized summer cars in heavy snow is incredible. it's when you REALLY get your money's worth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads