• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dokelroth
Rose gold sun and moon reverso.

So, any pics? The sun and moon is a beautiful thing. Plus, since you kindly slammed my choice, I feel the least you can do is let us see yours.

Singular

Reaction score
As far as I know, the only 100% inhouse watch brand is Seiko (maybe, maybe Citizen). Rolex, JLC, PP, VC, AP and the other usual suspects are close, but there is always something like screws, oil, crystals or springs that make them, yes, inhouse but not 100.00%.

Does it matter? Nopes, ETA manufacturing excellent base calibers for the companies to either use out of the box or with great care and workmanship turning into small masterpieces by modifying them (IWC, Sinn, Omega...) is in my humble opinion an excellent way to source movements. In-house or not is never a deal breaker for me.

Originally Posted by Beckwith
Out of curiosity what is your combo?

Mine? 70s track bicycle for transportation and a load of watches...

Originally Posted by Dmax
You must have a different definition of tool. Are you thinking of "tool-like" watches? Both of these watches, especially Sinn, don't have enough brand recognition to appeal to a (well-off) AmJack, fool-with-money, etc.

Could be a misunderstanding. As you have probably noticed English isn't my mother tounge (in fact it was the fourth language I learned...), so I might miss some idioms and meanings of words.

I mean a classic tool watch - purpose-built for professional use. A Sinn with a croc strap would be a Range Rover...

/M, with only one ETA movement in the collection (but soon a 2824 too) - the quartz in my SeMP...

Digby

Reaction score
i just bought a jaeger lecoultre sun and moon to commemorate a professional milestone.

hopefully, i've attached the pic correctly. and, frankly, i don't give a flying #$% what someone else thinks. i think it's a beautiful watch that will bring good memories and joy for years to come.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!

Here is mine (repost)

jlcbig.jpg

jlcbigB.jpg

Digby

Reaction score
stunning. i fell in love as soon as i saw it. i received a reverso as a wedding gift and have been wanting to add to my collection for some time now. i live overseas though, and the way the friggin' mail thing works i probably won't see it till the middle of next year. still, it's worth the wait.
bounce2.gif

bcate3

Reaction score
Compliments on your diverse collection, jmcconn. I especially admire how you've picked watches with interesting cases, like the Hamilton and some of the Omegas. I think the criterion for my next watch is that it has to have a distinctive case design; it can't be another round or even square/rectangle.

Congratulations, Digby. Beautiful watch. For you reverso owners, have you engraved the back of yours? I've been considering adding my initials to my GT and went so far as talking to the fellow who runs this shop. http://www.jcengraver.com/ He sounded quirky but he came highly recommended by at least two jewelers.

Digby

Reaction score
thanks, bcate3. i'm really looking forward to it.

i have a reverso that's engraved on the back. it's a family heirloom so the initials aren't mine, but it is pretty sweet looking. it was done in italy (where the reverso was purchased. )

won't be engraving the sun/moon. as you can see from the pics above, the see-through back is part of the richness of the watch.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
A new Glashutte Original limited edition done with Rimowa.
The Senator Navigator (w/ display back!)
glass4.jpg

glass3.jpg

glass1.jpg

glass2.jpg

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
GO/Rimowa images courtesy of Michael and Jorge at Timezone.com

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the wrist today:

WAYWT_8nov_4.jpg

Longines Master Chrono on blue alligator strap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads