• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

swblueblood

Reaction score

Then you must get yourself a Rollie!

There was a early version of a automatic watch made durin.g the 20's that was referred as a rollie. I cannot recall the name of the watch, but it used a rolling movement to wind the watch. The watch used the movement of the watch in the case as a method to wind. I have references but they are currently in storeage. The watch rolled back and forth on small wheels as a winding method. They were not very successful. They proceeded the Harward watches. There was a recent debate on the use of Rollie to describe Rolex. It was determined that the use of Rollie did not refer to Rolex. BTW enjoy your watches. PS I am a purist in terms.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I got the Rollie on my arm, and I'm pouring Chandon, and I roll the best weed cause I got it going on.

I mean if Snoop used it, it's good enough for me.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Two 39mm vs. my 36mm so far...

Maybe Frilly is wearing his 36mm today to even things out???
Sadly no, my friend. Have been on vacation for more than a week and brought only my 5711. I usually just travel with one watch to spare myself having to leave stuff in the hotel safe etc and in the past it's worked just fine. But these days if I travel for over two or three days I kind of want another watch to vary it up a bit. I must be getting old or something. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cs12

Reaction score

Two 39mm vs. my 36mm so far...

Maybe Frilly is wearing his 36mm today to even things out???

36mm backup
1f60a.png

Last edited:

Dachshund

Reaction score

I got the Rollie on my arm, and I'm pouring Chandon, and I roll the best weed cause I got it going on.

I mean if Snoop used it, it's good enough for me.

+1 - when it comes to horological nomenclature the final word is from the D-O-double G.

Winot

Reaction score
@BostonHedonist if you want good access to Canary Wharf then you want to be located near the Jubilee line (the silver one). That means Southwark, Bermondsey or further north St. John's Wood/West Hampstead.

Alternatively you can get the DLR from Greenwich.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @Winot The conveneince of the tube situation is why we're looking at Southwark on the short list. Say, how's that Borough Market?

kimmo

Reaction score
TWAT catalog day winner: Nomos.

Any experience on Zürich Blaugold? Doesn't have a local AD, so have to check that one on some airport or next vacation, but looks interesting on pictures.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys.... This Vacheron Constantin catalog...

I'm ruined.

It's that feeling like being dockside in Venezia when the setting sun brings with it a mysterious breeze and the evening fog begins to roll in over the gondolas, which gently toss and clack. Everything is bathed in this purple-gold light and time stops - or at least it tries to - lest any resplendent modicum of a moment be left unperceived and unenjoyed.

All of this in a tiny, glittering machine.

Last edited:

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the Nomos catalogue first, too! Now I want to add a Nomos in my collection so bad!

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You guys.... This Vacheron Constantin catalog...

I'm  ruined. 

It's that feeling like being dockside in Venezia when the setting sun brings with it a mysterious breeze and the evening fog begins to roll in over the gondolas, which gently toss and clack. Everything is bathed in this purple-gold light and time stops - or at least it tries to - lest any resplendent modicum of a moment be left unperceived and unenjoyed.

All of this in a tiny, glittering machine. 

Just in case this is missing from the catalog:

Do. Want. So. Bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics