• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Yeah, strap like that belongs on something crazy, like, I don't know, some shiny ostentatious gold Royal Oak or something...:)

NonServiam

Reaction score
I thought I heard someone call my name? ;) Thanks for the many kind words gentlemen!

(Still only cellphone pic, now where did I last put my DSLR?)

Last edited:

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speedy fans, what are your thoughts on the new '57 Speedmaster, reviewed here? Saw one in a local watch store and was quite impressed. I like the restrained case size (41.5mm) and 2 register layout (photo lifted from Hodinkee):

I confess that a Speedy was never really on my radar before, but have reconsidered after seeing this one.

Last edited:

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I really, REALLY like the 57. If I didn't get a 3570, I would have gotten the blue dial 57.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

I think I would probably get a blue-dialled one, too if I were to buy one. I also like the titanium on a leather strap. I find the normal 3 register Speedy a bit too busy.

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I think the 3570 is perfection outside of the 3 lines of text, so we'll have to disagree on that one.

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speedy fans, what are your thoughts on the new '57 Speedmaster?

I think the 3570 is perfection outside of the 3 lines of text, so we'll have to disagree on that one.

The hand-wound original is the one to have. I'm sure the co-axial version has better specs, but I think a case that thick would get tiresome, plus the date window detracts from the purity of the chronograph design.
I temporarily swapped one of my GMTs for an acrylic Speedmaster with a friend recently. The case is just genius. It's a fantastic watch, and I don't think it's possible to improve on the original. Omega seems to realize this, seeing as they keep it in production (still the coolest watch they make, IMHO). I would love to have a cal. 321 version sometime.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I think it's cool, and as someone who always likes blue dials, I think I like the black 57 actually. But is it worth twice a 3570? I think not.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I realise I'm in the minority here - crazy, I know! I tend to prefer 2 register chronos. I think I find 2 register dials a bit more generous and expansive looking. The exceptions to this are chronos that lack outer tachymeter markings on the bezel. That said, I fully recognise how subjective my opinion is...

Dopey: Is that a LL cloth? It's a great fabric; so much texture and warmth!

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I realise I'm in the minority here - crazy, I know! I tend to prefer 2 register chronos. I think I find 2 register dials a bit more generous and expansive looking. The exceptions to this are chronos that lack outer tachymeter markings on the bezel. That said, I fully recognise how subjective my opinion is...

Dopey: Is that a LL cloth? It's a great fabric; so much texture and warmth!
No. Original Breanish. I bought the last 4m of this and one other. I wish I bought a few more as it is such a great warm weather tweed.
Funny . . . someone stopped me on the street today to asked where I got my sport coat from, so you make two in one day.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NS - That AP is just fantastic. How did you get that little AP plaque?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix