• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

oannes

Reaction score
I made a little test to find out which watch suits your style. The test looks like this:

So, I'm a IWC guy :). You can try the test here. Tell me what you think!

Belligero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think this could save me a lot of unnecessary thinking! Please tell me what other products I should definitely buy based on clicking simple-minded binary options.

eusa_think.gif

On the other hand, this type of thing could help explain what's up with IWC recently.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in Colorado for a business trip and spotted this wall clock in the resort where I'm staying. Nice touch, 'no? Lovely young staffer - who I engaged in casual conversation because I was interested in the wall clock, not her personal attributes necessarily - tells me that their former General Manager was Swiss and was the one who picked these out (there were three of them).

Don't go Kobe, bro!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in Colorado for a business trip and spotted this wall clock in the resort where I'm staying. Nice touch, 'no? Lovely young staffer - who I engaged in casual conversation because I was interested in the wall clock, not her personal attributes necessarily - tells me that their former General Manager was Swiss and was the one who picked these out (there were three of them).

You are definitely staying at the right place!

Actually a former AD for AP, Patek, JLC and a few others used to have a similar RO wall clock and IIRC he also had a PP Ellipse wall clock.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i also was suggested IWC based on my rather thoughtless answers. was that done by IWC or by someone else? either way did not like. made me want to barf.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a quick, post cape cod cloth, pic. :)

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very clean stitchy! Is the Cape Cod cloth abrasive in some nature that it helps polish watches? Is there some sort of pixie dust you add that helps :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

It does seem to have some abrasives in it, and they did not recommended for use on any type of brushed metal. And yes, it does look like pixie dust. It also has silver polish or something like that absorbed into it. It's very moist and oily, and it makes your hands black.

After you use it, you need to buff it with a regular polishing cloth, and then soak it or rub it in some jewelry cleaning solution, and then buff it again with the regular polishing cloth to get all the polish from the Cape Cod cloth out. Totally worth it though.

It should be noted though, that it really is only meant for small surface type scratches. It will not remove any types of dings, dents, or deeper scratches.

Basically, it does not have a factory finish obviously, but it does a very nice job restoring it to a much prettier state than before. I can see it as something I would use often to touch up the watch and keep it looking nice and fresh.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I made a little test to find out which watch suits your style. The test looks like this:

Mine came out as IWC too. How many other possible outcomes are there? I went back and entered completely different (and in my opinion, shallow moronic douchebag stereotype) choices, and it gave me...Omega. Which seemed a bit odd.

Now, it's true that I have been staring at an IWC a lot lately (I stare at a lot of things, it just happens to have featured recently), so it seemed a little uncanny. But the great irony to me is that my only "proper" watch is...an Omega...

"I have opinions on typography". That had to be inspired by you; I just wonder where it leads in the test!

a quick, post cape cod cloth, pic.
smile.gif

That looks wonderful, Stitchy!*

(*Now try your shoes.)
nest.gif

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ those questions seem goofy. I love to ride my bike and have since I was a child, but I don't think hipster, fixies are "stylish". People go "Oh" when you tell them the brand? Like "Oh, WOW! That's a something something" or "Oh. What the hell is that.. never heard of it."

anyway, I came out IWC as well! haha

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That looks wonderful, Stitchy!* (*Now try your shoes.)
nest.gif
thanks! :laugh: i do polish them a little bit these days, after a dozen wears or so.
^ those questions seem goofy. I love to ride my bike and have since I was a child, but I don't think hipster, fixies are "stylish". People go "Oh" when you tell them the brand? Like "Oh, WOW! That's a something something" or "Oh. What the hell is that.. never heard of it." anyway, I came out IWC as well! haha
its gotta be IWC behind it, and its shameful and lame. makes me not want to buy their watches.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a JLC Master Control and round 2 was a Rolex DJ....they only thing I changed was caring if people knew it was expensive or something like that.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, that gives me some hope that IWC is not behind this excersize in stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics