• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up my new watch yesterday.

Ta ta! It's a JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon 39. I wish I had time to write about my reasoning and my impressions, but that will have to wait. Couldn't not post pics though. Still in holiday mode, but the watch can be worn with shorts, I promise
lol8[1].gif

Congratulations, NS! A really lovely piece!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats NS! Welcome to the club! Your pictures make me miss mine already.

:slayer:

Wear it in good health! And I agree, you can definitely rep it with shorts.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made a little test to find out which watch suits your style. The test looks like this:

So, I'm a IWC guy :). You can try the test here. Tell me what you think!
I did the test and was directed to a brand I genuinely dislike (not naming names), and I thought it might be fun to give the exact opposite answers and I get directed to brands I do like

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I did the test and was directed to a brand I genuinely dislike (not naming names), and I thought it might be fun to give the exact opposite answers and I get directed to brands I do like
It's time you stop lying to yourself and face the truth about who you really are.

Trust the test.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's time you stop lying to yourself and face the truth about who you really are.
Why do I get this advice so often
cry.gif

And while we're on the "to thine own self be true" topic, here's what I got. Not a forum favorite, here or at WUS, but I've loved the design for quite some time. For some reason I seem to feel like it's reminiscent of Genta designs on a much tighter budget....

Last edited:

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
beautiful JLC, NS

on another note, my wife has been hankering for this one. I think this dial is quite nice too.( She has the all steel one already and it's her favorite.)

images from TZ.

Last edited:

onehotchili

Reaction score
beautiful JLC.... last month I was in St Thomas and came soooo close to pulling the trigger on a JLC Master Control. really nice watches...

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Prices much better there?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My RO is celebrating its 1st birthday. After 1 year, the magic of owning it hasn't worn off and I still absolutely adore it!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HAPPY BDAY!!!!! looks great.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
on another note, my wife has been hankering for this one. I think this dial is quite nice too.( She has the all steel one already and it's her favorite.)

images from TZ.
My wife has a rose gold and steel Datejust and she really likes it. She chose the smaller traditional size as she felt it looked dressier, while the large sizes made it looks more sporty. She has a large Cartier TF automatic, which is her daily wearer. She chose a fluted bezel rather than the rounded smooth (I wish they still made a flat bezel for the DJ, as on the old DJs or the Explorer 114270), and the dark sunburst dial with Roman Numerals. I'll should take some pix one of these days. Wishing your wife luck on her possible watch acquisition.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rnguy001 - oops, i meant to reply to you. while i traditionally do not like the two tones mens models, i think the TT ladies models in rose gold are very pretty. i really like some of the neat staggered set diamond bezels too.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wishing your RO a happy 1st birthday. It looks amazing and it's great to hear the magic is still there!

Stitchy - my wife prefers the mens' models as it gives it a sportier appearance as Dino mentioned. Personally I'm not a fan of TT watches for guys, but there's something about that Everrose gold that looks great on her!

My wife has a rose gold and steel Datejust and she really likes it.  She chose the smaller traditional size as she felt it looked dressier, while the large sizes made it looks more sporty.  She has a large Cartier TF automatic, which is her daily wearer.  She chose a fluted bezel rather than the rounded smooth (I wish they still made a flat bezel for the DJ, as on the old DJs or the Explorer 114270), and the dark sunburst dial with Roman Numerals.  I'll should take some pix one of these days.  Wishing your wife luck on her possible watch acquisition. 

rnguy001 - oops, i meant to reply to you. while i traditionally do not like the two tones mens models, i think the TT ladies models in rose gold are very pretty. i really like some of the neat staggered set diamond bezels too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads