• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cylon

Reaction score
I dug up the original inspiration for my purchase. Its funny as much as you look at watches, whether in-store, online or whatever, sometimes you just KNOW. I can still remember the moment I first saw it.

I wasn't brave enough to order it over the phone though. i had to see it on my wrist first.

http://jlc.watchprosite.com/show-forumpost/fi-2/pi-4427173/ti-689688/s-0/

The rest is history

Minor quibble: I wish it was a manual wind to make the watch that much thinner.

Sidenote: scrolling through those archives, I am such a JLC brandwhore.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I dug up the original inspiration for my purchase. Its funny as much as you look at watches, whether in-store, online or whatever, sometimes you just KNOW. I can still remember the moment I first saw it.

I wasn't brave enough to order it over the phone though. i had to see it on my wrist first.

http://jlc.watchprosite.com/show-forumpost/fi-2/pi-4427173/ti-689688/s-0/

The rest is history 

Minor quibble: I wish it was a manual wind to make the watch that much thinner.

Sidenote: scrolling through those archives, I am such a JLC brandwhore.

That is the post that sold me as well. I feel like since I have worn a 40mm (which I find a bit big), on the wrist the 39mm will be a fairly small difference. Both the MC and the MUT Moon have a similar aesthetic. Ever since I saw the watch, I have always wanted it in my collection. The RDM always sung to me as well, but there is something wonderful about a Moonphase.

I also wish that it was manual wind. The Speedy Pro has really convinced me that manual wind is the way to go.

ant702

Reaction score
What do you guys think about the PP Tophat?
For 50 and over
crackup[1].gif
Sorry I'm not really laughing at you, but the watch is just too out of date!

ant702

Reaction score
Ahh, gotcha, made you just uncover your age
biggrin.gif
But seriously! I can see I am amongst older gents! You guys like going backwards, pretty fast, too, while I like to go forward! So, as not to become an irritant, I'll post when there are watches I know more about
satisfied.gif

Johnboy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi Guys I need some advice, I want to buy one of these 2 watches, and would like to know which you would choose above the other and why.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Without a shadow of doubt the first one and even then only because the other is a twotone PG(!!)-SS abomination.

BTW, that's not to say PG-SS is always abominable for mens watches - check my "top 4 watches" for PG-white metal done well. Another good example is the early PG-SS piepan Omega Constellation.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

LOVE this FM. i passed on a crazy hours once....still wish i wouldve picked that up. such a fun watch.
What do you guys think about the PP Tophat?
meh. id never buy it. ever. but if it was given to me, id wear the hell out of it.
Hi Guys I need some advice, I want to buy one of these 2 watches, and would like to know which you would choose above the other and why.
no question on this one. the second 2 tone looks cheap and far too busy. Looks like a "middle management" watch. you know the guy that got promoted from AM to manager at circuit city and decides to buy his first nice watch? yeah...the second one would fit that bill.
Wearing this one today.
drool. Ive always loved the LV sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads