1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gdl203, May 20, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apropos

apropos Distinguished Member

Without a shadow of doubt the first one and even then only because the other is a twotone PG(!!)-SS abomination.

BTW, that's not to say PG-SS is always abominable for mens watches - check my "top 4 watches" for PG-white metal done well. Another good example is the early PG-SS piepan Omega Constellation.

2. dddrees

dddrees Distinguished Member

Wearing this one today.
    [​IMG]

3. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

LOVE this FM. i passed on a crazy hours once....still wish i wouldve picked that up. such a fun watch.
    meh. id never buy it. ever. but if it was given to me, id wear the hell out of it.
    no question on this one. the second 2 tone looks cheap and far too busy. Looks like a "middle management" watch. you know the guy that got promoted from AM to manager at circuit city and decides to buy his first nice watch? yeah...the second one would fit that bill.
    drool. Ive always loved the LV sub.

4. johanm

johanm Senior Member

The JLC MUT Moon could have been a perfect watch if they went for any color dial other than silver. Cream like the RG version or black would have been fantastic, but white enamel would be so :inlove:The silver combined with the silver hands gives me the same "middle management" vibe that people are criticizing on that two tone Longines, especially when seen in person vs in pics. JMHO.

If you guys are looking for a manual wind with similarly classical aesthetics, check out the Grand Seiko SBGW031..

5. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

super glad you have decided. almost. lol. if you like, PM me. i can probably help you out on both fronts. :)
    dont think i could pull it off, but its a beautiful watch.
    first one. not even a question.

6. plot

plot Senior Member

Although the first looks much better than the second, I don't know what the hell Longines were thinking when they placed the date window right above the 6 like that.

7. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

The six should have been removed. Or, alternatively, they should have chosen to cover the date aperture. I would suggest expanding your search, personally.

8. Cylon

Cylon Senior Member

Longines Heritage 1942 Chrono is a pretty damn sweet watch

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013

9. johanm

johanm Senior Member

Would love to hear an explanation of cut numerals, radial flips, and other obvious dial imperfections on so many watches in the market. My best guess is that they want to maintain a level of dissatisfaction in their customers in order to sell more watches in the future.

10. Cylon

Cylon Senior Member

Frederique Constant makes a good watch on a budget.

I really dont know why Longines does this. Maybe its too hard to modify the stock movement?

11. xMaximex

xMaximex Well-Known Member

First one without any hesitation; as others stated, I don't get the date window over the 6. Either remove the 6 or place the date window at a more usual position. Otherwise, good looking watch, that would probably look better / be more versatile in silver.

12. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

I am certain it is because they do not want to alter the stock ETA date module. I have a feeling it is probably not simple to modify. Well, economically speaking.

13. McWu

McWu Active Member

Wearing a new arrival today.

Annual calendar + in-house chronograph. :nodding:

[​IMG]

14. mws222

mws222 Member

Congrats on the new arrival, don't think I've seen that one before but I really like it!

15. Dadaa

Dadaa Member

Can anybody provide any information for the following watch? I do not know much about
    Alfred Dunhill watches. I am familiar with Alfred Dunhill cases, attaché cases. Any help and information would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!

Alfred Dunhill Baby Facet Ladies' Rectangular 40 Diamond Watch with Stainless Steel Band
    Model # DQ1998Z

The pictures of the watch can be found by clicking on my profile.
    Again, thank you for your help and input!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.