• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blue peter

Reaction score
I’m not sure this is a Drake’s jacket, at least an off the peg one. It’s got a patch pocket on the breast and appears to be missing the ‘trademark’ ticket pocket on the right hand side. Compare and contrast with the jacket that Wim posted above.

Thanks for taking a moment! It’s Drake’s but I did note the patch pockets and lack of double pocket. Here are a couple of additional photos.
IMG_4230.png
IMG_4231.png

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
I’m not sure this is a Drake’s jacket, at least an off the peg one. It’s got a patch pocket on the breast and appears to be missing the ‘trademark’ ticket pocket on the right hand side. Compare and contrast with the jacket that Wim posted above.

It's an older Drake's jacket from around 2013/2014 when some jackets had the patch pocket. Telltale sign is the addition of "LONDON" below the logo.

A different era for Drake's, before boucle fleeces, chore jackets, sweat pants, and ALD collaborations…

tumblr_n43erbCGFH1trg0evo1_500.jpg

nachobarro

Reaction score
View attachment 2130449

Bought the Multicolor Rugby Shirts from the Archive sales in XL. The shoulders do not look as droopy on me as on the models in the lookbooks. Does this look too small on me?
Doesn’t look too small, but if you are looking after a more slouchy fit I would size up. But it’s difficult too appreciate it correctly with the picture angle.

Anyway, I have received an Mk. I Games set in my usual Drake’s size (38 and pants in 34) and I hate the fit. The garments itself are pretty amazing, I really love the heavy cotton material.

But the fit it’s too tight, feels tighter than a Chore Coat in same size. I can’t even imagine downsizing like Drake’s advise on their website. Pants are fine though.

Also, the measurements are completely off in their website. A size 38 Mk. I blazer measures 54cm vs 57cm in their web, Shoulders are 44,5cm not 47,6cm… sleeve length and back length are accurate (.5cm difference, which is expected) but I can’t still understand how they mess this up almost all the time.

Sorry but I’m quite frustrated, it seems that I need a size 40 and I will have to roll up the sleeves. So yeah, I will sell it and hope to not lose a lot of money.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Doesn’t look too small, but if you are looking after a more slouchy fit I would size up. But it’s difficult too appreciate it correctly with the picture angle.

Anyway, I have received an Mk. I Games set in my usual Drake’s size (38 and pants in 34) and I hate the fit. The garments itself are pretty amazing, I really love the heavy cotton material.

But the fit it’s too tight, feels tighter than a Chore Coat in same size. I can’t even imagine downsizing like Drake’s advise on their website. Pants are fine though.

Also, the measurements are completely off in their website. A size 38 Mk. I blazer measures 54cm vs 57cm in their web, Shoulders are 44,5cm not 47,6cm… sleeve length and back length are accurate (.5cm difference, which is expected) but I can’t still understand how they mess this up almost all the time.

Sorry but I’m quite frustrated, it seems that I need a size 40 and I will have to roll up the sleeves. So yeah, I will sell it and hope to not lose a lot of money.
Another poster here also experienced significantly different actual sizes versus those advertised in the archivesale, and got a refund. I suggest emailing Drake’s before trying to resell.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
View attachment 2130449

Bought the Multicolor Rugby Shirts from the Archive sales in XL. The shoulders do not look as droopy on me as on the models in the lookbooks. Does this look too small on me?
Looks fine to me. Not every item needs to fit perfectly fine. Imho it’s nice to have a mix of slouchy and normal fitting items.

I got the boucle fleece from the archivesale, size xl. It fits just a tad too big, so an L would have worked too. But I’m happy with this one, and then I’ll just get an L next time for a different fleece, and I’ll have variety.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Another poster here also experienced significantly different actual sizes versus those advertised in the archivesale, and got a refund. I suggest emailing Drake’s before trying to resell.
I forgot to specify that I didn’t buy it during the Drake’s archive sale, it’s second hand but in pretty good condition.

Thanks for your answer anyway.

Last edited:

Mood Indigo

Reaction score

I got into the habit of taking my Games costumes "a little too big". I prefer it this way. And indeed he rolls up the sleeves of the jacket.

blue peter

Reaction score
It's an older Drake's jacket from around 2013/2014 when some jackets had the patch pocket. Telltale sign is the addition of "LONDON" below the logo.

A different era for Drake's, before boucle fleeces, chore jackets, sweat pants, and ALD collaborations…

View attachment 2130275

Cheers! Do you know where I could dig up photos of this particular jacket - where’d you find the on above? Thanks, again!

Nat25

Reaction score
I have a few Shetland sweaters that are too big on me (much different sizing on the Shetland’s vs other drakes sweaters). Has anyone ever tried washing their Shetland’s? I assume not a good idea but I was hoping to shrink a little by washing
Thanks

alfredt

Reaction score
I have a few Shetland sweaters that are too big on me (much different sizing on the Shetland’s vs other drakes sweaters). Has anyone ever tried washing their Shetland’s? I assume not a good idea but I was hoping to shrink a little by washing
Thanks
You could try some steam from an iron. I regularly reshape wool sweaters just using an iron and pushing and pulling where needed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads