• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Morning everyone!

How accurate is the sizing chart for the Mk. I games blazer and games trousers?

True to size for the blazer and sizing up for the trousers is what I’ve read here I think, but looking at the measurements, the size 32 in the pants would be fine (I’m usually a size 31-32 on modern jeans/pants, size 34 in vintage Levi’s, size 3 in orSlow fatigues and size S in engineered garments fatigues).

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Archive sale: new lines added, but also price drops for some existing pieces (including for the boucle fleece I had bought right at the start of the sale!!). My luck. At least they have already sent it, and I will receive my parcel this Monday already.

htinlinn

Reaction score
Can any kind soul inform me about the sizing of the rugby shirts? Usually a 54 in chore jackets.

Judging by the lookbooks, the rugby shirts tend to be worn with droopy shoulders.
I am usually a 40/50 in everything and I took a M for rugby shirts. They fit a bit slimmer in the body even though the shoulders are droopy.

Morning everyone!

True to size for the blazer and sizing up for the trousers is what I’ve read here I think, but looking at the measurements, the size 32 in the pants would be fine (I’m usually a size 31-32 on modern jeans/pants, size 34 in vintage Levi’s, size 3 in orSlow fatigues and size S in engineered garments fatigues).

The games blazer is TTS for me. I don’t own a games trouser, but, I did try one on at my regular size 31. They fit lower in the rise than the Drake’s chinos. I am in between 2 and 3 for orSlow and S for EG so I think you will be fine with 32.

nachobarro

Reaction score
I am usually a 40/50 in everything and I took a M for rugby shirts. They fit a bit slimmer in the body even though the shoulders are droopy.

The games blazer is TTS for me. I don’t own a games trouser, but, I did try one on at my regular size 31. They fit lower in the rise than the Drake’s chinos. I am in between 2 and 3 for orSlow and S for EG so I think you will be fine with 32.
Thank you so much for you answer!

Yes, according to the size chart the 32 would be perfect! But you know that drake's sizing and measurements are sometimes a little off or a little weird. Your experience reassures me on the size 32, but I would love to have actual measurements from someone here that owns a pair of Games Trousers :)

Have a nice one!

Archive sale: new lines added, but also price drops for some existing pieces (including for the boucle fleece I had bought right at the start of the sale!!). My luck. At least they have already sent it, and I will receive my parcel this Monday already.

I bought a brand new with tags Navy Military Fleece Sweatshirt a few weeks ago for 220€. It was a good price, but now I'm seeing it for 145€ on the archive sale.

Bad luck I guess haha It's a cool piece though, don't know why it's sitting, maybe too military-inspired for the regular Drake's customer? If anyone wants a fleece but a little different from the regular vests or zip up boucle wool fleeces, I highly recommend this piece. True to size, boxy and cropped fit. Both colourways are versatile.

Last edited:

Rolf

Reaction score
Does anyone have the varsity vests? Wondering about sizes. Drakes has them at ca 7cm shorter than the boucle ones.

Geranium

Reaction score
I wonder when the in person sample sale will be in the UK. In the past it’s been before the Archive sale but might be different this time.

Trevallon

Reaction score
Morning everyone!

Hey, I would advice to size up in the trousers. I am usually a 34 in Denim, also in the needlecord Drakes trousers but had to size up to a 36 in the Games trousers. You wear the Games trousers higher up than, let's say a pair of 501 on your hips and unless you have a really flat stomach, the circumference will go up.
The sizecharts for the trousers are definately not accurate: for the size 36 (waist) on the site it says: Waist flat 47.1 cm but my (yet unwashed) pair of Navy Herringbone Trousers measure 36 cm
on the dot. So they run smaller than advised on the site.

Trevallon

Reaction score
Man, I had purchased the Crosby Chukkas in Khaki Green, and two hours later the price dropped -45 €...

But then I held out for the Games Corduroy trousers in Brown to add to my Blazer and they dissappeared in my size (36) before any price drop happened, so you just never know.

But I acutally like that about the Archive Sale. The only time in my life when I ever gamble... oh, the thrill! :)

nachobarro

Reaction score
Hey, I would advice to size up in the trousers. I am usually a 34 in Denim, also in the needlecord Drakes trousers but had to size up to a 36 in the Games trousers. You wear the Games trousers higher up than, let's say a pair of 501 on your hips and unless you have a really flat stomach, the circumference will go up.
The sizecharts for the trousers are definately not accurate: for the size 36 (waist) on the site it says: Waist flat 47.1 cm but my (yet unwashed) pair of Navy Herringbone Trousers measure 36 cm
Thank you, I still don't understand how Drake's are so inconsistent with their measurements. They have a pretty well detailed sizing chart for all of their garments and a lot of them are wrong, it just weird how can you mess up something so easy to do...

They need to detail a sizing measurement guide to show exactly their methods they follow to measure their pieces and just stick with it.

Last edited:

Phillip Dean

Reaction score
I’m interested in the Hancock Chelsea boot and August derby, both of which are included in this sale in nearly a full size run.

Now, I have the Crosby and Clifford boots, and take a 10.5UK in each. However, the Hancock and Chelsea are made in UK rather than Italy and may fit differently.

Trying to suss out whether I’d still be a 10.5 in either. Does have any experience wearing both the Clifford/Crosby and the Hancock/August, and could comment on the comparison between the two? Thank you.

Howfener

Reaction score
Agreed, I’m 32 in all Drake’s trousers except games trousers in which I’m 34.

Mavidpark

Reaction score
Hey all you fine folks. Thanks for all the responses to my denim question. Love all the help and advice I received! One of the reasons I frequent this forum so much is the great community we have here. Apologies if my question took things off topic.

To bring things back on focus to Drakes, here is my latest pickup that got delivered last night.

IMG_6220.jpg

Snagged this for a fantastic price ($295 brand new) from the great folks at Gentlemen's Footwear. My second ever Drakes outerwear piece. Can finally give my moleskin chore a break.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
As for denim, I have bought Orslow (at fransboone) and while I like them (107 especially), I mostly wear Oni Denim bought from Denimio.com. It’s just the best quality denim I have seen for a reasonable price.

I also have Drake’s denim, their fit is just unique, nothing can compare imho. Even though the quality isn’t terrific.

Finally, the third pair of jeans I wear a lot are APC’s petit new standard. Used to wear them a lot, a long long time ago, and ended up buying a pair on sale last year (80 euro!), and to my surprise I like it a lot. It fits a little bit like a lot of the younger people wear denim these days, ie oversized. But yes, you won’t have a high rise like even the Oni.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads