• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NassimBandini

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what
For what it's worth, when I tried on tailoring at their UK store, I was TTS in their "tailored" line (40US/UK) but had to size down in their Games line (38US/UK).
ok, so I might have done the opposite of what I should have! We’ll see, I can always try to sell it back!

Thanks for the heads up!

jeremygo

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what

ok, so I might have done the opposite of what I should have! We’ll see, I can always try to sell it back!

Thanks for the heads up!
Let us know how it goes! Personal preference will vary of course - maybe I'm just not ready to embrace my slouchy era.

Mavidpark

Reaction score
hey guys how do the jean alteration work for drakes? I see they have it posted at the bottom of the product description to contact drakes for alterations. Do you purchase the jeans first and then contact them? Also do they charge for any alterations? Also what are your guys experience with the alterations.

Ive been wanting to invest into some higher quality jeans but hesitant because I need to a short inseam due to my height.

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
hey guys how do the jean alteration work for drakes? I see they have it posted at the bottom of the product description to contact drakes for alterations. Do you purchase the jeans first and then contact them? Also do they charge for any alterations? Also what are your guys experience with the alterations.

Ive been wanting to invest into some higher quality jeans but hesitant because I need to a short inseam due to my height.

I imagine alternations are only done in-store. In which case, yes, you definitely pay for the product before any alterations take place. And yes, they do charge for alterations. At least in New York.

Samir

Reaction score
I've come to learn that the number one rule about Drake's sizing is that there are no rules about Drake's sizing.
Haha not an encouraging thing to read before I ask this but just in case - any tips for sizing the boucle wool zip fleece jackets? I was thinking about sizing down based on the size chart.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Haha not an encouraging thing to read before I ask this but just in case - any tips for sizing the boucle wool zip fleece jackets? I was thinking about sizing down based on the size chart.
True to size in my experience. They are a little bit boxy, but they would be to short in the body if you size down.

justinpledger

Reaction score
True to size in my experience. They are a little bit boxy, but they would be to short in the body if you size down.
I agree.

It's worth noting that there are three versions(!) of the fleeces - the old/original versions, which come up slightly smaller and shorter in the arms. These can be identified by the fact that the cuffs have a very tightly elasticated cuff (typically in a contrasting strip of material) and the body zip has only one slider. They also used to be sized 36, 38, 40 etc as opposed to S, M and L. Although some of the older versions are still S, M and L. So, best to check the cuffs and the zipper.

The buffalo check, ecru, green, navy and blue fleeces in the archive sale are all this version.

The second version is roomier in the comparable size, longer in the arms, has a much less tightly elasticated cuff (with no contrasting strip of material).

I'd say go TTS but be aware that the newer version is slouchier. But that's how they're meant to be. As @nachobarro says, if you go smaller then the fleece will look too short.

The ecru and red, ecru and blue and ecru and brown fleeces in the archive sale are all the second version.

The third version retains all of the qualities of the second, they've just added a zip with two sliders.

The fleeces are amazing. They're amongst my favourite pieces - they're so versatile.

Last edited:

PJH44

Reaction score
I agree.

It's worth noting that there are two versions of the fleeces - the old versions, which come up slightly smaller and shorter in the arms. These can be identified by the fact that the cuffs have a very tightly elasticated cuff (typically in a contrasting strip of material) and the body zip has only one slider. They also used to be sized 36, 38, 40 etc as opposed to S, M and L. Although some of the older versions are still S, M and L. So, best to check the cuffs and the zipper.

The buffalo check, ecru, green, navy and blue fleeces in the archive sale are all this version.

The newer version is roomier in the comparable size, longer in the arms, has a much less tightly elasticated cuff (with no contrasting strip of material) and has two sliders on the zip.

I'd say go TTS but be aware that the newer version is slouchier. But that's how they're meant to be. As @nachobarro says, if you go smaller then the fleece will look too short.

The ecru and red, ecru and blue and ecru and brown fleeces in the archive sale, along with the Johnston check vest, are all the newer version.

The new fleeces are amazing. They're amongst my favourite pieces - they're so versatile.
How would you say the sizes compare. By the size guide, it looks like for example a 42 is the size of an XL in terms of chest size, back length etc?

tipitai

Reaction score
I wear a 40 jacket and a medium in most companies/shirts. I take a 40 in the drakes shawl cardigan, but it’s pretty slim. I think the slouchy fit people are often after would be one size up. So it depends on what you’re after, I suppose. I like TTS but I could also see one up.
some of the cardigans are sized s/m/l/xl. I'm a 44 in the drakes chores. would you recommend L or XL for the cardigans?

justinpledger

Reaction score
How would you say the sizes compare. By the size guide, it looks like for example a 42 is the size of an XL in terms of chest size, back length etc?
From the measurements, a 42 and an XL look comparable. The 42 is slightly smaller but should fit ok if you're typically a 42.

I'm a 38 so it's difficult for me to tell! I'm a medium in the new fleece and for some reason, I sized down on my first fleece to a 36. I shouldn't have done. I should've gotten the 38. So, the best advice I can give from my own experience is not to size down!

I really hope that this helps.

Samir

Reaction score

The second version is roomier in the comparable size, longer in the arms, has a much less tightly elasticated cuff (with no contrasting strip of material).

The ecru and red, ecru and blue and ecru and brown fleeces in the archive sale are all the second version.
Incredibly helpful - thank you!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads