• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

espen

Reaction score
@htinlinn you're basically there. Just swap the shirt for a white tee.

Attachments

• IMG_3558.jpeg
    IMG_3558.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 621

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great outfit.

I’d style it with a white T, mid-light blue jeans and cordovan loafers, or a pair of RM Williams.
@htinlinn you're basically there. Just swap the shirt for a white tee.
it looks much better with a shirt and suede loafers as @htinlinn is wearing it on the photo. How he matched the open collar of the shirt with the line of V-neck is perfect. V-neck sweater with a u-neck t-shirt is a bad look in my opinion. Thank god we have different taste otherwise the world would be boring.

GabrielJF

Reaction score
it looks much better with a shirt and suede loafers as @htinlinn is wearing it on the photo. How he matched the open collar of the shirt with the line of V-neck is perfect. V-neck sweater with a u-neck t-shirt is a bad look in my opinion. Thank god we have different taste otherwise the world would be boring.
Perhaps pointless arguing about it given how subjective it is, but I think it’s a trade off between style and balance. The Oxford shirt and vest combo is obviously more balanced, but in my opinion totally unstylish. More flattering of the neck/head, but perhaps less flattering of the wearer as a whole, as it’s so stiff and stuffy. Very square. But that’s obviously just my own value judgement.

The T-shirt and vest subverts it slightly. A cooler and easier look. More youthful and depending on how you wear it could even have an edginess. Tattoos on show like the previous poster.

My feeling overall with this stuff is that the things we obsess about. How the v-neck aligns with the open shirt collar. It flatters but in a way that only really is perceptible to someone else posting in this forum or one like it. Whereas the overall style and vibe of an outfit; that’s what people see as having a sense of style.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps pointless arguing about it given how subjective it is, but I think it’s a trade off between style and balance. The Oxford shirt and vest combo is obviously more balanced, but in my opinion totally unstylish. More flattering of the neck/head, but perhaps less flattering of the wearer as a whole, as it’s so stiff and stuffy. Very square. But that’s obviously just my own value judgement.

The T-shirt and vest subverts it slightly. A cooler and easier look. More youthful and depending on how you wear it could even have an edginess. Tattoos on show like the previous poster.

My feeling overall with this stuff is that the things we obsess about. How the v-neck aligns with the open shirt collar. It flatters but in a way that only really is perceptible to someone else posting in this forum or one like it. Whereas the overall style and vibe of an outfit; that’s what people see as having a sense of style.
I don't need to explain in such a long paragraph, but what you said is as subjective as what I said. Saying t-shirt is more youthful than a shirt is also subjective opinion. It is like saying wearing a suit is only for old people. It is completely different garment for different occasion or style combination. And in my style vision u-neck t-shirt and v-neck vest look together like **** and person wearing that combo has absolutely no style in my opinion.
But as we started. Style is very personal and subjective.

htinlinn

Reaction score
I’m not opposed to t-shirt and vest combo in theory. I’ll have to try it out. Thanks for the suggestion @espen. Perhaps a polo shirt underneath could work too.

I haven’t messed around too much with layering jackets and other items on top. Will have to try that too although it’s slowly getting too hot for that.

GabrielJF

Reaction score
I don't need to explain in such a long paragraph, but what you said is as subjective as what I said. Saying t-shirt is more youthful than a shirt is also subjective opinion. It is like saying wearing a suit is only for old people. It is completely different garment for different occasion or style combination. And in my style vision u-neck t-shirt and v-neck vest look together like **** and person wearing that combo has absolutely no style in my opinion.
But as we started. Style is very personal and subjective.
Lol settle down pal. We’re all here to discuss the same stuff.

These associations can be very personal and they can be reflective of broader trends too. I don’t think the shirt vest combo is bad, just far less stylish. I’d wear both, in different contexts where the associations were less jarring.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol settle down pal. We’re all here to discuss the same stuff.

These associations can be very personal and they can be reflective of broader trends too. I don’t think the shirt vest combo is bad, just far less stylish. I’d wear both, in different contexts where the associations were less jarring.
It is all good. I for example would never even wear knitter vest because it is not my style. But if I would, I would wear it only with a shirt. To me with a shirt is the only option for knitted vest because there is enough contrast between materials which I can not say for a t-shirt or polo combined with a knitted vest.
I would however wear a polo with a quilted gilet. This option works with a shirt also. But I personally would never wear a t-shirt with any vest or gilet. This style combination just doesn't work in my opinion.

GabrielJF

Reaction score
It is all good. I for example would never even wear knitter vest because it is not my style. But if I would, I would wear it only with a shirt. To me with a shirt is the only option for knitted vest because there is enough contrast between materials which I can not say for a t-shirt or polo combined with a knitted vest.
I would however wear a polo with a quilted gilet. This option works with a shirt also. But I personally would never wear a t-shirt with any vest or gilet. This style combination just doesn't work in my opinion.
And in the interest of style, I would never dream of wearing a gilet.

Think we might just have very different senses of style

single origin

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Drake's jeans? I have not held their jeans since they moved production to Portugal. Going back and forth between Berg & Berg, Anglo Italian and Drake's as they all seem to offer highish rise. Just need something that's versatile to go with tailored and casual wear

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Drake's jeans? I have not held their jeans since they moved production to Portugal. Going back and forth between Berg & Berg, Anglo Italian and Drake's as they all seem to offer highish rise. Just need something that's versatile to go with tailored and casual wear
It really depends which wash are you interested in, but I will say go check Natalino or Rubato, both have denim Made in Japan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads