• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a few random bits of info..

I’ve seen a few times already people mentioning ‘Made in Portugal’, and suggesting it might be a sign of lesser quality. Just wanted to say that it’s not been my experience - don’t really notice a difference between those and the Made in Italy I have by Drake’s.

Wanted a pair of Doek Oxfords, but they were not available in my size at Drake’s, so I bought them at Beige Habilleur. They fit more or less true to size: I’m a 42.5 and ended up choosing the 42 over the 43. I like them a lot with summer chinos. Also got the fair isle sleeveless jumper: as a regular size 42 I needed an XL.

New items up. Mixed feelings, standout items for me are the flat front chinos and the light blue chambray shirt, I think the shirt is the one Michael Hill is wearing underneath his ‘picnic’ chore coat.

Checked my email from 2021 and saw they had an archive sale mid May... :)
Fox Brothers (and seemingly everyone else) has jackets made by Justo Gimeno in Portugal. I have a Teba in Fox Bros. flannel and wore it all winter. Awaiting my order of one in blue seersucker now.

LiamMcM

Reaction score
Curious to hear if anyone has owned the Bleach Wash Chore Jacket long-term and what you think of it? Curious to hear about sizing, styling, regular use, etc.
I own the dark indigo version and would note 2 things: 1. Don’t size up. The jacket is roomy enough; and 2. If you need to hem the sleeves, leave enough room to roll the sleeve up at least once. I find the sleeves to look unflatteringly wide at the wrists, with a single cuff giving just enough taper.

espen

Reaction score
I own the dark indigo version and would note 2 things: 1. Don’t size up. The jacket is roomy enough; and 2. If you need to hem the sleeves, leave enough room to roll the sleeve up at least once. I find the sleeves to look unflatteringly wide at the wrists, with a single cuff giving just enough taper.

What size did you take, and what is your normal size/measurements?

LiamMcM

Reaction score
What size did you take, and what is your normal size/measurements?
Don’t know my measurements, but I’m a 46 in the games blazer (with a 46 in their more formal jackets being slightly too slim for my liking). I went with a 48 in the chore. It’s not unflattering (with the cuff issue fixed), but I would have been better off with a 46.

nprose

Reaction score
I dig the Black Ivy/Jason Jules edit. It really distills Drake’s down to that great intersection of dressed up but not stuffy. I also find this sort of thing helps bring out what the standout pieces are and what you can pull from the back of the closet to bring it all together.

Do you need a Drake’s madras? Most likely not, loads of other places do them well if not better. A brick red chore coat on the other hand is going to be harder to find elsewhere.

I recently went to the NYC shop and bought the suede chore jacket. Definitely felt like one of those purchases that was never going to hit the Archive and one to go the distance for years and years. Totally worth it. Really friendly sales staff too, with actual personality. Kyme was the best.
My favorite from the editorial...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 10.33.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 10.33.24 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 151

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dig the Black Ivy/Jason Jules edit. It really distills Drake’s down to that great intersection of dressed up but not stuffy. I also find this sort of thing helps bring out what the standout pieces are and what you can pull from the back of the closet to bring it all together.

Do you need a Drake’s madras? Most likely not, loads of other places do them well if not better. A brick red chore coat on the other hand is going to be harder to find elsewhere.

I recently went to the NYC shop and bought the suede chore jacket. Definitely felt like one of those purchases that was never going to hit the Archive and one to go the distance for years and years. Totally worth it. Really friendly sales staff too, with actual personality. Kyme was the best.
My favorite from the editorial...

There's a lot to like in the Black Ivy capsule....

I am digging this look:
1652204801871.png

espen

Reaction score
I love both those looks, especially that red chore jacket. Feels like a tough thing to keep in a regular rotation but dang so nice.

ivanli9

Reaction score
Need some help to decide whether I should go with either of these Games Blazer. Note that I will only buy the blazer without the trousers, so the blazer will be matching with other trousers which are mainly consists of workware/military fit in khaki, olive, ecru and raw denim.
Also note that one of these is Games v1 with a flap pocket and herringbone vs another v2 with patch pocket.

Let me know which one you vote for?

Games blazer mki
D3E77F9C-31A2-4DE3-B96D-7E803089E14A.jpeg

E9AF8DDA-EF46-45DC-8251-B15FF1FFE615.jpeg

Games blazer mkii
7B0B8EE6-7B5C-4B79-8B13-28BE572DAFE0.jpeg
15068695-BB6C-4545-AC5D-7910ABAC8062.jpeg

LiamMcM

Reaction score
Need some help to decide whether I should go with either of these Games Blazer. Note that I will only buy the blazer without the trousers, so the blazer will be matching with other trousers which are mainly consists of workware/military fit in khaki, olive, ecru and raw denim.
Also note that one of these is Games v1 with a flap pocket and herringbone vs another v2 with patch pocket.

Let me know which one you vote for?

Games blazer mki
View attachment 1790484
View attachment 1790485

Games blazer mkii
View attachment 1790486 View attachment 1790487
The Mk.II is more informal and in keeping with your workwear/military style. I own an olive cotton drill one and adore it. Drake’s only has the brown one available right now, which could be nice and seemingly versatile. I believe some third parties still have the older version in navy. With that said, the olive herringbone Mk.I looks awesome too hehe

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads