• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized down one on the cords as I did with the denim but the cords do seem to fit a little trimmer than the denim which stretches more. I’d say the shape of my cords is more like my made in England raw jeans drakes made up to about end of 2020 (not the Blackhorse Lane ones but the Cookson and Clegg ones). I also have the latest made in Portugal denim jeans (stone wash) and they definitely fit differently- much roomier in the thigh with quite a pronounced taper creating an almost barrel-like shape.
I got the 30's and 32's and hopefully one of them works. I really need the thigh room, were these slim in the thigh?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me know if the 30 doesn't work out...my cords got canceled :/
You got it! The sale was a bit of cluster, imo. I had part of my order canceled, then the whole thing canceled a few days later even though items were still showing stocked online. Had to re-order and it seems like everything has now shipped.

Strumbeck

Reaction score
Question on Drake's armholes!

Hi everyone,
i am about to purchase my first Games blazer wich is also the first Drake´s blazer/jacket. I have a question on the armholes. Some of my OTR-blazer have - in my opinion - too low armholes (or too wide) wich affects the sizing and moveability in a bad way.
One of my jackets from Lardini have this problem and since I've heard that Lardini is the Drake's maker for the moment I just want to check if anyone experienced this issue with Drake's. The measure armhole-bottom is not on the website. So: does anyone know if the Games blazer have high or low armholes?

All the best.
Erik

Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question on Drake's armholes!

Hi everyone,
i am about to purchase my first Games blazer with also is the first. Drake´s blazer/jacket. I have a question on the armholes. Some of my OTR-blazer have - in my opinion - too low armholes (or too wide) wich affects the sizing and moveability in a bad way.
One of my jackets from Lardini have this problem and since I've heard that Lardini is the Drake's maker for the moment I just want to check if anyone experienced this issue with Drake's. The measure armhole-bottom is not on the website. So: does anyone know if the Games blazer have high or low armholes?

All the best.
Erik
I thought it was high armholes that affected movement?

FWIW - I found a good fit with the Games blazers, neither being high nor low with easy movement. It's a casual jacket and the cut corresponds with that

Revelo

Reaction score
I got the 30's and 32's and hopefully one of them works. I really need the thigh room, were these slim in the thigh?
Fairly generous in the thigh- on my 32 cords the half thigh just below the crotch level measures just under 13”, on my stone wash jeans it’s just over 13”.

Strumbeck

Reaction score
I thought it was high armholes that affected movement?

FWIW - I found a good fit with the Games blazers, neither being high nor low with easy movement. It's a casual jacket and the cut corresponds with that

Thank you!
Too high has never been problem to me, but the opposite have...

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Anyone bought one of the raglan winter coats from this season? Do they fit true to Drake’s blazer size? I find them quite expensive (1575 euro) but seeing stocks are dwindling fast and a sale does not seem imminent, I might be tempted to get one.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone bought one of the raglan winter coats from this season? Do they fit true to Drake’s blazer size? I find them quite expensive (1575 euro) but seeing stocks are dwindling fast and a sale does not seem imminent, I might be tempted to get one.

I don't have this season's, but I have a raglan coat from Drake's and I took my regular size. It's quite roomy even in my regular size, although I wouldn't size down. I'm wearing it today over a suit.

I don't know if they changed the fit, however.

Psyko

Reaction score
I had a AW18 raglan coat in my normal size. It fit roomy. I think they have changed their cut since then, however, to being slimmer and shorter.

Italianglo

Reaction score
Update on the comparison between Anglo-Italian and Drake’s jeans. I wear a 33 in AI and, after trying on multiple sizes, I settled on a Drake’s 31 as the most similar one. Here are a few pics of the AI (lighter) and Drake’s (darker). Any comments on which one you guys think is the best fit?

View attachment 1558819 View attachment 1558818
The Drake’s look really good. Do they still offer these? When I tried on the denim they had at the store in SOHO (November-December), they were baggy and the seam on the side was quite pronounced and stuck out like a wing.

I have a pair of the ecru cords that fit me very well but the denim appears to be a different cut.

garigo

Reaction score
The Drake’s look really good. Do they still offer these? When I tried on the denim they had at the store in SOHO (November-December), they were baggy and the seam on the side was quite pronounced and stuck out like a wing.

I have a pair of the ecru cords that fit me very well but the denim appears to be a different cut.
Thanks! Yes they’re this model.

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Here he is, Michael Hill, creative director of Drake’s at Pitti Uomo! Today’s pic from Drake’s instagram. Nice seeing him in the double breasted navy blazer with brass buttons. He mentioned it last year as a quintessential lockdown garment and it was one of the reasons I had bought it. Also, is that a Barbour he is wearing or the new Drake’s waxed cotton? The other two gents are wearing this season’s coats, with the waxed cotton on the right.

3C44D61C-223D-4468-B8A7-8792045587AE.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads