• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inspiration:
Screenshot_20210418-121755_Instagram.jpg

Execution:
IMG_20210418_121617_546.jpg

IMG_20210418_121617_590.jpg

My flannel shirt is Drake's.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much for an MTO linen overshirt, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind you asking at all, but I honestly can’t remember, it was a bundle order with a handful of MTM shirts. I think they just charged whatever the going price was that season for similar overshirt (summer ,19) e.g. no discount, but no up charge either.

nprose

Reaction score
Gents - I find myself not wanting to wear anything other than Drake's chocolate or tobacco desert boots, Sid Mashburn selvedge jeans, a gray tee (sometimes an oxford) and the linen olive green overshirt from Drake's. Have I arrived at a uniform? I don't want to give myself that much credit.

For the sake of some fun, what are some other ideas? Other colors or materials of Drake's overshirts? Other brands even with slightly different styles could be interesting, though I'm awfully attached to the 3 pocket linen. Maybe other overshirts + pant alternatives? I fear nothing will surpass my current go-to.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like your "uniform". It sounds like a good one.

With that as your base, here are some things that you could add for some variety

adschus

Reaction score
Gents - I find myself not wanting to wear anything other than Drake's chocolate or tobacco desert boots, Sid Mashburn selvedge jeans, a gray tee (sometimes an oxford) and the linen olive green overshirt from Drake's. Have I arrived at a uniform? I don't want to give myself that much credit.

For the sake of some fun, what are some other ideas? Other colors or materials of Drake's overshirts? Other brands even with slightly different styles could be interesting, though I'm awfully attached to the 3 pocket linen. Maybe other overshirts + pant alternatives? I fear nothing will surpass my current go-to.

I'm going to suggest some additional shirts. You mentioned OCBDs. Check out Junior's RTW, MTO, and MTM options. I'm thinking the madras on his site would work, too.

mbb355

Reaction score

Swap out the overshirt for a chore coat. I like Drakes' navy or green cotton/tencel chore. Blue Blue Japan also makes a great navy chore coat, available at No Man Walks Alone. Another possibility is The Armoury's three-pocket blouson or 3PB. I love their olive linen version but they have so many different 3PB iterations.

Swap out the desert boots for loafers--Alden Color 8 cordovan tassels or Alden snuff suede pennies.

Swap out the grey tee for a breton stripe tee. There are plenty of these around--Sunspel and Informale make great ones.

Swap out the oxford shirt for a chambray button-down by Drakes.

Swap out the jeans for chinos--I love The Armoury sport chinos or their army chinos.

Try out some polos--The Armoury by Ascot Chang is the gold standard. Anglo-Italian, Permanent Style, and Natalino also make good ones.

Try a tie occasionally, probably a knitted one to go with your casual ensemble.

All of these will keep you in that casual/vaguely tailored realm you're currently in while offering more variety.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads