• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sammm

Reaction score
i didnt like the lookbook
because of the boring modeling mostly
clothes are ok i guess
nothing useful for me although the cotton/linen and brushed cotton shirts are nice
trousers with triple pleats :(
I don’t see any triple pleats, where would that be?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
love those coats

these thick arans also look nice

7_6.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Amazing lookbook and aesthetic as always but what the **** with prices? For example, SEH Kelly balmacaan which is an amazing stuff made in London is half the price of those overcoats.
Same for suit, £990 for a ready to wear jacket is overprized I think. Am I missing something?

SEH Kelly doesn't do wholesale

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Exactly, so Drake's with those huge stock should be cheaper I suppose

I think Drake's runs relatively small units, but I have no idea. I don't see their clothes stocked at big department stores or anything. It's always small boutiques.

To be honest, I don't get the complaints about the prices, as they always seem in line with what else is going in the broader clothing market. Camoshita bal coat is $1600. Drake's is $1,800. J Press Shaggy Dog is $250. Drake's is $300. Drake's is more expensive, but not wildly so.

Comparison to "fashion brands" seems misplaced to me. Has anyone looked at actual fashion prices? Balenciaga, Gucci, Visvim, etc? RRL's suede chore coat this season is $2,200 (If you want to call RRL a fashion brand). Drake's suede chore coat is $1,900. Drake's sport coats are about $1,500, which seems in line with other forum favorites with the exception of Spier & Mackay.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I think Drake's runs relatively small units, but I have no idea. I don't see their clothes stocked at big department stores or anything. It's always small boutiques.

To be honest, I don't get the complaints about the prices, as they always seem in line with what else is going in the broader clothing market. Camoshita bal coat is $1600. Drake's is $1,800. J Press Shaggy Dog is $250. Drake's is $300. Drake's is more expensive, but not wildly so.

Comparison to "fashion brands" seems misplaced to me. Has anyone looked at actual fashion prices? Balenciaga, Gucci, Visvim, etc? RRL's suede chore coat this season is $2,200 (If you want to call RRL a fashion brand). Drake's suede chore coat is $1,900. Drake's sport coats are about $1,500, which seems in line with other forum favorites with the exception of Spier & Mackay.

I think there are four main things that turn people off: (1) the rate at which their prices have increased, (2) the fact that a few certain items have been radically overpriced, (3) the switch to a sale heavy model, and (4) the change in brand culture.

Some examples. (1) A few years ago their jackets were under $1000. Now they are over $1400. The change in shirt pricing is even more ridiculous. They have poplin button downs going for 350 right now--that's a high-end bespoke price. Four or five years ago, they would have sold for maybe 150. As to their coats, I seem to remember them selling coats for well under $1000 four or five years ago, and now they have doubled in price. (2) The rugbies and astorflex shoes. Sure there are differences, but the extreme margins on these undermines confidence in the brand in general. (3) People can routinely get things for 50% or 60% off. This makes people hesitant to buy at full price as they feel like they are getting ripped off. People aren't super rich and they don't want to spend $600 extra on something that they could get on sale later. (4) is related to the others, but arguably the most significant. Drake's used to seem very interested in craft and make. Not so much now. They don't do a great job of explaining their products on their website and what makes them special or unique. Moreover, they have an overwhelming number of products and this makes each offering seem less enticing as we don't see the thought and care that went into designing each one. They used to be less interested in trends, but now they have some very different products (some which I like quite a bit to be sure). They used to care more about classic fit, but now they have product pictures like this. I think a lot of this is reflected in the change in their pricing model.

Many people experience these changes as alienating. I think this is central to discontent with Drake's. People liked the brand a lot and then it changed. This makes people feel like Drake's isn't interested in them or their interests. Perhaps this is all very silly, but devoted fans will feel betrayed when the object of their fandom changes radically.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some examples. (1) A few years ago their jackets were under $1000. Now they are over $1400. The change in shirt pricing is even more ridiculous. They have poplin button downs going for 350 right now--that's a high-end bespoke price. Four or five years ago, they would have sold for maybe 150. As to their coats, I seem to remember them selling coats for well under $1000 four or five years ago, and now they have doubled in price. (2) The rugbies and astorflex shoes. Sure there are differences, but the extreme margins on these undermines confidence in the brand in general. (3) People can routinely get things for 50% or 60% off. This makes people hesitant to buy at full price as they feel like they are getting ripped off. People aren't super rich and they don't want to spend $600 extra on something that they could get on sale later.

Isn't this just a description of the broader fashion market? Things are getting more expensive. Things go on sale. That's like ... all of fashion? Except maybe Kent Wang.

Honestly don't know what's worse. An argument about global warming and Joe Rogan in here, or another argument about prices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads