• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hschrapel

Reaction score
It seems like every season we all get together again to complain about the increases in prices. Don't get me wrong, I oppose these increases season to season, at what seems like a higher than inflation rate.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like every season we all get together again to complain about the increases in prices. Don't get me wrong, I oppose these increases season to season, at what seems like a higher than inflation rate.
more like a lament than a complaint i think
This should be the title of the thread

“Drakes - A lament”

Mid-season refresh drops tomorrow. Drakes it calling it Collection Three, Transitional Items. So let's all get ready for the Drakes-has-lost-their-way, who-makes-it, and where-can-I-get-same-item-cheaper posts.

pblzqlcn

Reaction score
Mid-season refresh drops tomorrow. Drakes it calling it Collection Three, Transitional Items. So let's all get ready for the Drakes-has-lost-their-way, who-makes-it, and where-can-I-get-same-item-cheaper posts.

to be fair
the last lookbook and items were well received
(i can recall if the previous one too or that was the one with outrageous criticism?)
so the whining is not linear
lets hope for the best

espen

Reaction score

And then the eventual drifting into the Spier & Mackay thread where everyone wants some version of a Drake's thing re-made for cheaper.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it was new items?

It does appear to be new items based on teaser emails.... did I imply otherwise? If so, it was not my intent.

to be fair
the last lookbook and items were well received
(i can recall if the previous one too or that was the one with outrageous criticism?)
so the whining is not linear
lets hope for the best

Fair enough, most of this past spring has been repressed, so I may be projecting last year.....

And then the eventual drifting into the Spier & Mackay thread where everyone wants some version of a Drake's thing re-made for cheaper.

Yep!

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which color to get? I prefer the tobacco but I am wondering how versatile they are compared to the dark brown. Planning to wear them mostly with flannel and some cords. Moreover I wear mid-grey flannel fairly often and was wondering if the lighter shade of brown will look as good.

Any thoughts?

View attachment 1424386 View attachment 1424387

Neither. Get a pair of Sanders HiTops and take Mrs. Alghul out to dinner with the change.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
By owning both do you mean that you own both pairs of boots or both colors? If it's the former, would you mind confirming how accurate is the color in both pictures? Normally, I am all for dark brown but in this case, although I like both, the tobacco just seemed a bit more refined and I thought that it was maybe due to the pictures.

I own both the cliffords and crosby in the tobacco and dark brown color, so 4 pairs. The color of the tobacco boots on the left in definitely accurate, and the color for the dark brown is also accurate. The tobacco color in my opinion is a shade darker than alden's snuff suede.

alghul

Reaction score
I own both the cliffords and crosby in the tobacco and dark brown color, so 4 pairs. The color of the tobacco boots on the left in definitely accurate, and the color for the dark brown is also accurate. The tobacco color in my opinion is a shade darker than alden's snuff suede.

Thanks man.

Versatilty aside, do you think both colors are equally stunning? I wish I could go see them in store but there is none near me.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Thanks man.

Versatilty aside, do you think both colors are equally stunning? I wish I could go see them in store but there is none near me.

that is a tough one, I just prefer dark brown over Tobacco just because I feel it goes good with anything, but I’m sure other probably feel the opposite. Try to buy them from PayPal, they offer $30 In returning shipping cost

Sammm

Reaction score
New lookbook is up! Full of ripstop, linen, Games suits, field jackets – very much up my alley.

Edit: and 100% Jason Jules. w00t!

Last edited:

Jon 1981

Reaction score
  • Should I wait until December and get the jungle jacket at 50% off or pay now? Decisions decisions.....

espen

Reaction score
Great stuff so far! Liking the play with colour, especially that cobalt suede jacket.

Also spying some new trouser-cut denim which look really great. Been debating the Drakes denim for awhile, can’t wait for that to go up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads