• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CityMap

Reaction score
^ They've already released the oversized shirts in the US, so probably yeah.

is this a trend in the US?

in Japan, there's been a gradual but noticable shift away from skinny and tight fits, to baggy and wide.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tencel is made from wood.

Yes, but it is often considered a synthetic. It's classified as a type of rayon, which is basically heavily processed wood pulp (cellulose). I was probably using "synthetic" a bit loosely. The Tencel briefs I have do not have the properties of cotton or merino wool, but apparently Tencel (or lyocell) can be manipulated to be more breathable or absorbent.

At any rate, I like them, but not under "natural" fibers like wool, linen or cotton.

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

is this a trend in the US?

in Japan, there's been a gradual but noticable shift away from skinny and tight fits, to baggy and wide.

Yep, things have been loosening here in the US, at least in the top half. Pants are still pretty slim.

VJAYEYE

Reaction score

They are the relaxed ankle fit chinos. I can link you tomorrow.

The ones on the US site have a built in belt unlike the ones in the link above. Guess they are two different styles. However they are both on the site so let's hope US gets them soon

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The ones on the US site have a built in belt unlike the ones in the link above. Guess they are two different styles. However they are both on the site so let's hope US gets them soon

Ah, gotcha. Yea those do look interesting.

boozwah

Reaction score
What's up with all the reviews on the website saying they changed the fit and material on the Supima t-shirts?

Also the website is really weird with a lot of redundant product names. Like are Mens Selvedge Slim Fit Jeans the same as Mens Slim Fit Jeans (Selvedge)?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the redundant names are because the items are from different seasons/batches. They did that with ocbds for example.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The multiple styles on their website is confusing as hell. I heard that Uniqlo is changing websites real soon though, so I hope that's like priority on fixing.

What's up with all the reviews on the website saying they changed the fit and material on the Supima t-shirts? 

Also the website is really weird with a lot of redundant product names. Like are Mens Selvedge Slim Fit Jeans the same as Mens Slim Fit Jeans (Selvedge)?

Dunno, I just got a bunch of supimas in size medium and they seemed the same for me.. I think maybe most people wash / dry their supimas for a year then get a new pair in and think the size changed because it's not the same as their old one? The material is a bit lighter, but still soft.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads