• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

absolutelyl

Reaction score
Further reductions on the UK website. Many deals to be had across the whole collection (e.g. Blouson is down from 99.90 to 39.90; Parka down to 59.90). I got the chino shorts at 19.90 but that's since gone down to 14.90, so I've re-ordered them and will be returning the previous purchase. Seems to have a full size run for many items too.

Edit: I should've posted this in the Uniqlo-Lemaire thread. Apologies. But in case it isn't clear, I am talking about the collection. Cheers.

Last edited:

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Uniqlo x Lemaire was on the sale rack in Sydney. Got the chambray pants and blouson; sister got the cape and short pants. The chambray is much more comfortable than the cotton twill and drapes better.
can you expound a little bit on the comfort level on the cotton twill suit? thinking about doing it now that it'd be like 80 usd total. is it just that the chambray is more comfortable, or is the twill actually uncomfortable?

Rais

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah it's just that it's disgustingly hot and humid here and the chambray is very thin, soft and is more breathable. The twill is not uncomfortable but it's a bit stiff due to its thickness so it does not drape as well as the chambray either. If you want something for the summer and it gets over 30C where you live, then I'd recommend to try the seersucker (I tried the black blazer on, but they didn't have the pants in my size so I passed on it) or the chambray.

CityMap

Reaction score
I have a few, mostly their linen ones and their easy short pants (I don't know what they call it in the US, but in Japan, it's kind of like sweat shorts).

the Sweatshorts pile fast.
One linen short in navy, the crotch area got discolored fast and is a light blue
another linen short seemed totally fine.

I'm going to be totally honest. I buy a lot of Uniqlo, but it seems that lately, my H&M stuff are holding up better.. yes H&M (not the divided line, but the regular one). However I'm still buying Uniqlo because its cheap. Today i just snagged another pair of floral print shorts that were on sale for 790 yen (probably left overs from last year). Other similar stuff in other stores here in Japan are asking for like 4000 yen.
It might wear out fast, but I can still buy like 4-5 of them for the same price.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The stretch selvedge slim fit jeans are really good. So comfortable and the fit is spot on. Nice and roomy in the thighs with a taper that isn't too strong. I don't know why I ever buy designer jeans when these are just $50. I'm guessing the raw stretch selvedge denim won't fade a ton, but these are so much more comfortable than my APCs.

Yea... I quit wearing other denim after finding these, which includes a couple pairs of APCs collecting dust.

derv

Reaction score
Did everybody stop liking Uniqlo and flip over to some other competitive brand I am not aware of? This thread used to be super active.

JilSlander

Reaction score
^ Nah, Uniqlo just hasn't been releasing anything noteworthy as of late.

The basics are still the bee's knees: tees, socks, etc.

arcturuz

Reaction score
yup

their 'new' releases are just re-hash of the prior season

from the linen shirts to oxford shirts to chinos, same old stuff, nothing new....wonder if they even recycle the old unsold stocks/materials from the previous seasons

rotv

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips for deep cleaning white airism undershirts and turning them white again? I soaked them in an oxiclean competitor for a few hours, washed them, then washed them again wit a bit of vinegar. They are clean but turned light grey instead of white.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads