• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking about getting somebody to proxy me some uniqlo for f/w wardrobe. What are some recommended pieces I should try out?

T-000 is a really nice pant. I actually sized up one or two. There's such an aggressive taper that it can fit really comfortably in the waist and still be slim everywhere else.

zerostyle

Reaction score

Actually, the difference between the 2 is that the regular Wool Flat Front Pants are much thicker and warmer.

I tried them on last week and the Tasmanian Wool Pants (I'm assuming here) is the everyday, go-to suit. Much lighter, thinner, and more breathable wool. Just imagine a regular suit.

On the other hand, the Wool Flat Front Pants and Jacket ($50 and $130, respectively) are much thicker wool. The quality between the 2 is very noticeable when you feel them. To be honest, I preferred the Wool Flat Front pants because they are much more suited to the harsh NYC winters. If you want a suit that you can wear year-round and to special occasions (e.g. weddings, interviews, etc.), go for the Tasmanian Wool.

FYI, both Tasmanian and Regular Wool are suits. I don't think it'd be wise to just buy one part of it. But I was very tempted to get the Wool Flat Front pants in Navy. The fit and quality are spectacular for $50. I was sweating in the changing room when I tried on the Wool pants. That's how warm they are. lol

Interesting. I just saw the pants listed under 'bottoms' on their site, didn't realize they were meant to be part of a suit.

What about them would make them inappropriate for wearing to the office with a button down collared shirt? I was planning on picking up a pair of navy and charcoal.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you wear just the bottom with a shirt for office it will be fine. I am not sure if the "Wool Flat Front" pants has matching jacket.

Just in case you do buy the Tasmanian trousers though, you should buy the matching jacket. It only makes sense. You can wear the Tasmanian trousers standalone, but in the event you have to suit up, it would be better to wear with matching jacket instead of coordinating. Though, this is SF so very much possible. See MC thread

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

This is the Cotton Blouson:

I had to size down to a XS. Chest measurement for a XS is around 20". I suggest getting a Small (snug fit) or Medium.

What's the sleeve and body length like on that guy? I think I'd probably want a small based on the chest measurements (I have a 40" chest), but I'm relatively tall (6'1") with pretty long arms (35" sleeve on dress shirts).

lowk

Reaction score
What's the quality/warmth difference between the extra fine merino sweater vs. the merino cashmere sweater and lambswool cardigan vs extra fine merino cardigan. Which would you recommend for california weather? Also what size in heat tech long johns would I get if I'm a 30 waist?

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

******* +100 on the Blouson. Should be my go to jacket for a while.

Is it just me or can I not find the Tasmanian Wool Suits in Hong Kong... Or any suits for that matter.

And does anyone have a way to tell between the older oxfords and the newer oxfords? Hong Kong uniqlo is having a nice sale on their oxfords and if it's the newer ones I might pick a few more up.

The sale is probably on the older oxfords from S/S 11'. Uniqlo in NYC has sale of on the old oxfords for $20 I believe.... but it's their left over size XLs only. Also, you can tell from the tag, it's a little different they changed it. You should feel the oxford if you see both of them, the new ones are much thicker.

savsg

Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between the Tasmanian Wool Pants (http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.html#/code:069900-000-69/) and the regular Wool Flat front pants (http://www.uniqlo.com/us/explorer.html#/code:069738-000-69/)?

I'm not sure if the regular wool pants are the same ones as the Premium Wool pants. Here in the UK Uniqlo we only have the Tasmanian wool and premium wool flat front trousers. The Tasmanian wool trousers are wool flannel (not a heavy flannel though - good for year-round wear) whereas the premium wool pants are made from Super 120s wool (we have information panels next to the premium wool jacket and trousers at the Uniqlo flagship where I work which say that the fabric is 'premium super 120s wool'.

The Tasmanian wool separates are much higher quality than last year. In fact, when we received the initial delivery of the Tasmanian wool last year we were all shocked at how poor the quality of the fabric was. This year they've returned to the quality of a few years ago; the fabric and construction is really good.

Last edited:

savsg

Reaction score
What's the quality/warmth difference between the extra fine merino sweater vs. the merino cashmere sweater and lambswool cardigan vs extra fine merino cardigan. Which would you recommend for california weather? Also what size in heat tech long johns would I get if I'm a 30 waist?

The Extra Fine Merino sweaters are probably best suited to warmer climates. They're a lot lighter to wear on their own and lend well to layering if you need to. The mens lambswool is quite warm and a little scratchy (we used the same scratchy lambswool for womenswear as well last year which wasn't well received so now use 'soft lambswool' for women). The merino cashmere range is only available for women because it's quite soft (and feminine in my opinion). Go for the merino.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting. I just saw the pants listed under 'bottoms' on their site, didn't realize they were meant to be part of a suit. What about them would make them inappropriate for wearing to the office with a button down collared shirt? I was planning on picking up a pair of navy and charcoal.
Yeah, they're (Tasmanian and Premium Wool) both meant to be suits. Of course, you can always just rock the pants. I was just mentioning that it would be ideal to get the whole suit and not just the pants only. And no, nothing inappropriate about them at all. I actually wanted to get just the pants alone. However, I suggest you pick them up as quickly as possible; the sizes are running out. If I had found a charcoal pair of the Premium Wool pants in size 29, I would've jumped on it. The fit is seriously good. Like I said, for $50, the quality, fit, and construction cannot be beaten.
I'm not sure if the regular wool pants are the same ones as the Premium Wool pants. Here in the UK Uniqlo we only have the Tasmanian wool and premium wool flat front trousers. The Tasmanian wool trousers are wool flannel (not a heavy flannel though - good for year-round wear) whereas the premium wool pants are made from Super 120s wool (we have information panels next to the premium wool jacket and trousers at the Uniqlo flagship where I work which say that the fabric is 'premium super 120s wool'.

The Tasmanian wool separates are much higher quality than last year. In fact, when we received the initial delivery of the Tasmanian wool last year we were all shocked at how poor the quality of the fabric was. This year they've returned to the quality of a few years ago; the fabric and construction is really good.
Listen to this guy. This post gives more details on the Wool Flat Front pants. Unfortunately, the NYC store doesn't display the 'Super 120s" description, but it does show "Premium Wool."

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone answer my question on Tasmanian Wool Suits in Hong Kong? Do they just not exist... ?

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

swisschalet

Reaction score
Do the wool pants (tasmanian in particular) have extra material to let out in the waist? from the uk site measurements, they seem to be a more fuller leg. Thinking I'll go down a size and get the waist taken in to get them a little slimmer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads