The Uniqlo Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Nov 21, 2006.

Tags:
  1. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Senior member

No worries, you will now have two more Uniqlo stores to check out the +J line.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011

2. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Senior member

tweed blazers have arrived, gonna try and grab one in next few days, i always like the one aeglus wears when i see it. grey herringbone looks nice to me, i think dark grey looks too formal for jeans/ chinos, although its hard to tell til you see them up close.

http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/069476#colorSelect

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011

3. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

damnnn new jacket is nice...

4. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I always liked the herringbone pattern but when I wear it I end up looking like some Asian pop star which is :fu:

5. kevc

kevc Senior member

Picked up this season's sweatshirt and some dry tees.
    Definitely want to try on the sweatshirt before you cop; they run a little small.

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

has anyone handled the heavy gauge shawl cardigan? it looks really good.

7. robinsongreen68

^ yes, it is nice, reasonably heavy and a good fitted shape. i find shaggy wool a bit prickly though and even with a shirt on the high collar irritated my neck. i'm a sensitive flower though.

8. robinsongreen68

9. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Stopped by the Uniqlo NYC store last week.

My thoughts:

- The Premium Wool pants fit great and are super warm. For $50, this is a steal. The jacket is $130, I believe. I was seriously debating between this and the Tasmanian Wool as my go-to suit for this year. Either way, you get a well-fitting suit for <$200. Size 29/XS fits me perfectly.

- Uniqlo oxfords (which used to go for $20) are now $30. I wasn't surprised at this price increase at all; however, I was very surprised when I felt the quality of the oxfords. They definitely felt much sturdier like the ones from 2008-2009. While I won't be buying the oxfords, I can vouch that you won't find this quality and fit for this cheap. Uniqlo oxfords are a staple, for sure.

- I would skip the current $30 flannels. The quality is lacking and seem more like lightweight pieces. I'd wait until October-November when they will bring in the heavier flannels for the same price. I wound up buying 2 very warm flannels (green and navy) last winter for $20 each during the special sales they did weekly.

- Socks have gotten a revamp. I stocked up on the 3 for $12.90 socks (not the solid-colored ones, but the ones with patterns). Much heavier for the upcoming winter. The ones I got also had some extra heel cushioning/reinforced heels. Feels good.

- 2 new stores = more chances to get +J and regular line pieces. I had some bad opinions of Uniqlo that I posted in here earlier this year, but I really think they're making the right moves. The quality has returned to the 2008-2009 quality, although the costs have jumped as well. Still, good staple pieces.

PS - Get a Cotton Blouson! I was lucky to grab the last XS navy one a few weeks ago; they sold out pretty damn quickly. Think of it as a MA-1-meets-3sixteen's-Stadium-Jacket.

10. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

Haha, I hope so, need the jackets and pants but won't have enough money to buy them immediately...

+1 on everything. Suprised by the Oxfords too, but I think i'd rather go for Club Monoco ( when it gets on sale). What is the Blouson?

11. max_r

max_r Senior member

also curious about this, i would love to grab the dark grey or black to wear with jeans but dunno if it would look too formal.

shame theres no store near me, may have to wait for free shipping and order one to try out.

12. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

Hey, just wanted to know if the T-000's are still available?

13. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Uniqlo needs to open a store in California. Would love to try on some blazers, pants, etc. Proxying is too much of a sizing gamble on some things.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Open a Uniqlo in California!!

15. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Yo doggie, what's the chest measurements of the cotton blouson? I need something with a 42in/43.

Who's doing the proxy?