• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That orange knit is fire, too bad the summer is ending here. Thanks for the photos @cafedandy I like the vietnam inspired shacket too, but doesn't really have a place in my closet. I like the pocket cardigan. What's the pants like, any chance for a fit pic of those?

cafedandy

Reaction score
That orange knit is fire, too bad the summer is ending here. Thanks for the photos @cafedandy I like the vietnam inspired shacket too, but doesn't really have a place in my closet. I like the pocket cardigan. What's the pants like, any chance for a fit pic of those?
The shacket's my fave, too. I got this in brown and sized down for ample fit. The pants though I don't have fit pics, but the website photos are good reference in that regard. The wide fit tapered jeans, wide fit pants in seersucker and polyester (the ones part of the jacket set-up) fit the same as the previous season, while the baker pants and relaxed wide fit tapered pants can be sized down yet still loose. My favorite is the wide fit double pleated tapered chino, probably the best of the pants selection in my opinion.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Thanks for pics.
Coach jacket look cheap imo, but the field jacket looks quite good. I imagine it will just look better with wear.
Same feeling for the coach jacket, although the color is nice. The field jacket already has some puckering which indeed might look good with age. It's a light and thin twill cotton material and the pockets have large gussets that can fit a lot of things.

cafedandy

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics and comments. That mesh sweater looks good. The cardigan too, that’s another thing I was considering.
They did great with the mesh sweater this season. The green color is the only one mixed with black thread which actually looks good in person, but I'm more partial to yellow, which I got. Always wanted this kind of knit which was always present in the womenswear. As with all mesh knits, just be careful on snagging with bags and other things it might catch on to.

For the v-neck cardigan, If I didn't have the past season's wool cardigan version, I'd get this one (this is more of a wardrobe space issue, I almost get cardigans from every season and have too much already!). It has a dry feel like a milano rib knit, but I think it's a different type of weave. Drapes nicely when you size up.

If it's the purple cardigan, it's actually quite nice and soft because of the cotton cashmere blend. Recommended as well and with the rich purple color.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ordered two sizes of the mid wash denim and the white Milano knit tee.
I find it to hard to get excited about UU.

The +J and UC x Uniqlo stuff was really good though.

GeorgeC

Reaction score
I used to own the J+ wool trousers and they ripped in the inner thigh after less than a year.

Question : do UU items get restocked? A lot of items were sold out in Canada the minute they were online..

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to own the J+ wool trousers and they ripped in the inner thigh after less than a year.

Question : do UU items get restocked? A lot of items were sold out in Canada the minute they were online..

No, not from my experience. However some items have a later delivery date than others. I can’t remember if this was the case this time around in Canada.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Things do get restocked - maybe from returns, or from moving inventory around to meet demand, but I've seen many things come back into inventory in past collections.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You guys really think the mesh sweater looks good?

+J chunky cardigan was garbage, worst knit I ever handled no exaggeration

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was at the 34th st store today in Manhattan and got to handle everything. The only thing that stood out to me was the navy seersucker suit, and perhaps the cotton twill pleated pants. The suit is actually something I would buy to wear with a tee and some loafers or white sneakers if I lived in a warmer climate. The pants were reminiscent to me of the de bonne facture ones I have (and love).

The field jacket is more of a shirt jacket in terms of weight, and quality is just okay. The wide fit pocket tees have a very thick fabric as well; I may be interested in grabbing one later but did not feel compelled to try it on. The standard cotton tees are made of the same crusty, thick jersey cotton they have been using for the past few collections. The neckband looked solid though. The plaid and linen shirts looked fine too if you need to stock up on some warm weather basics.

Most of everything else honestly felt overly cheap, and did not look like it would withstand more than a couple wears. The fishnet cotton sweater thingy was somewhat interesting but the weave is so loose that you can see through it. Everything with any wool in it appeared as if it would start pilling if you stared at it long enough. Cheap fabrics and bright colors are just not a good combination.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
In addition, after looking forward to this release for a month the novelty has worn off. I've crossed off most of what was on my list after seeing the product pages and the pictures cafedandy graciously posted. There's always this mention of thin materials but it really is a concern with a low end clothing line like uniqlo. The coach's jacket looks terrible, I'll pay 30 bucks for an actual coaches jacket that is looks 10x better. The mock neck collars are bad, cardigan is available in 3 colors and two are **** plus no hidden pockets or any at all. The other stuff is too boxy for me though others may prefer it and the wovens are mall ready. I can't tell what size I would be in most stuff because if you size down most would probably not end up looking right. About the only thing left on my list is the sweatshirt which has been surprisingly satisfactory in the past and hopefully is still so.

*edit - lmao at crusty, perfect word to describe it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads