• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate Portland (OR) Shopping Thread

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I'm gonna be at the Hilton on 6th street until Friday. Are these places close to where I am. I don't have a car and will be walking.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any interesting PDX goings on this weekend? coming down from BC for the long weekend

i want a Cut Copy ticket if anyone's got extras

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,
I'm gonna be at the Hilton on 6th street until Friday. Are these places close to where I am. I don't have a car and will be walking.
Yeah, you're right downtown, so close to a lot of things. And if anything is farther than walking distance, there is a streetcar that runs throughout downtown and good public transportation throughout Portland. You're like a 10 minute walk from Frances May, which is only four minutes away from the Blackbox building (Tanner Goods, Dunderdon, Blackbird). Also only a few minutes from Higgins restaurant, which I think is pretty great---world class service, an immense beer selection, and excellent food.

any interesting PDX goings on this weekend? coming down from BC for the long weekend
i want a Cut Copy ticket if anyone's got extras
I don't know what kind of stuff you're into, but:
http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/EventSearch
http://www.wweek.com/portland/events
http://www.portlandmonthlymag.com/arts-and-entertainment/find-an-event/
Wordstock is this weekend if you're into literature.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just meant any festivals or annual events that happen to be going on

looking for a non top-40 dance party as well, electro-house-indie-dance-whatnot

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just meant any festivals or annual events that happen to be going on
looking for a non top-40 dance party as well, electro-house-indie-dance-whatnot
Well, Wordstock that I mentioned above is one. Of the resources I linked, Portland Monthly Magazine has the most curated list of events. I think Portland Fashion Week will still have events going on this weekend. Lesbian and Gay Film Festival. Tattoo Expo. I don't know what else, and I can't help on the dance party front, sorry.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahaha a Portland dance party would be so awkward and sweaty and pasty white

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just like Girl Talk shows

pdxpdx

Reaction score
If you want a dance party you gotta go to the East side. Branx, Rotture or the Holocene usually have good weekend nights, but sometimes they have other kinds of shows. Its a cheap cab ride over or you can take the 14 or 15 bus across the river. Grab a copy of the Portland Mercury or the Willamette Week (the free papers) and you can find out what's going on.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The do over on sunday at produce row. Last of the season, not to be missed. theres also a cut copy after party at holocene w/ cutcopy djs.

anyone going to 1st thurs tonight?
Starting at blackbird event and winding my way down to breezeblock gallery ect...

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I thought about hitting up the Black Box party, see a few friends there.

Man, Starfucker was so good last night

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The men's clothing store in Morgan's Alley (I can't remember the name) is having a going out of business sale this Friday from 5-8pm. Everything is 40-70% off, if I recall correctly. Morgan's Alley is 515 SW Broadway, where European Master Tailor is. I'm not sure what they carry, since I never went in, but it looked decent from the windows.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Walked by inner windows on way to Derek's (excellent cobbler, if anyone needs one in PDX). Not much to get excited about: Joe's Jeans, Ben Sherman, etc. I suppose if you're interested in those, they may have some good "deals." but I wouldn't waste your time.

pdxpdx

Reaction score
Dereks is a good shop and he always does a nice job on resoles and what not. Recommended. Anybody know a decent tailor downtown for suit alterations? I have a suit I need work on and want it done right.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear European Master Tailor is excellent. I'm about to take my Black Fleece suit there myself. Called him and he estimated about $125 for a number of alterations

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear European Master Tailor is excellent. I'm about to take my Black Fleece suit there myself. Called him and he estimated about $125 for a number of alterations

Yeah, Sylvian is great! I've had him do a couple sportcoats and a bunch of trousers, including adding side tabs to a pair after hemming them. He understands tailoring, and we've worked together to get things how I went them. He has his own ideas, but he's been getting more of a sense of how I like things to fit. Very pleased with our interactions and his tailoring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads