• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Appreciation Thread (Bespoke only)

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamaican
Just when I thought Tony and Dean had lost it... that's a beautiful shoe Luk-Cha... enjoy those freaks. I wondered when a seamless balmoral would be made... now, if I could stick your black diamond cap together with this... J

Tony and Dean have never lost it. We just don't see their new creations on here that often

I have one on the way soon though

jamaican

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855
Tony and Dean have never lost it. We just don't see their new creations on here that often

I have one on the way soon though

Maybe so... some of the recent stuff I have seen has left me a bit cold... I cmpared with stuff in Fosters and was like, "nah". But these really restored my faith in the Gs. I like the seamless idea (I know that Gomez, and I'm sure, others, did it before), but often the G&G proportions don't do it for me. Perhaps I am realising I am more of a Fosters man in terms of bespoke. That said, Luk-Cha's latest (and some of his earlier stuff) really hits the spot. Perhaps I will give G&G bespoke a try and see what I like best. J

cdmoore1855

Reaction score
Maybe so... some of the recent stuff I have seen has left me a bit cold... I cmpared with stuff in Fosters and was like, "nah". But these really restored my faith in the Gs. I like the seamless idea (I know that Gomez, and I'm sure, others, did it before), but often the G&G proportions don't do it for me. Perhaps I am realising I am more of a Fosters man in terms of bespoke. That said, Luk-Cha's latest (and some of his earlier stuff) really hits the spot. Perhaps I will give G&G bespoke a try and see what I like best. J

Some of their shoes may be a bit styled and sharp looking but i prefer them to most of the other English makers. I have seen some Fosters shoes and although they are nice I prefer the shape of the G&G's. I have some Cleverley's coming, which I am very interested to see how they compare given how well received Cleverley's are by some of the guys posting on here.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just when I thought Tony and Dean had lost it... that's a beautiful shoe Luk-Cha... enjoy those freaks. I wondered when a seamless balmoral would be made... now, if I could stick your black diamond cap together with this... J

cheers buddy!

as much as i love both shoes i dont think that diamond caps work on balmorals - if i was to order another shoe like this i dont think i would get it seamless but keep the side skin stitch like on my wing tips

but i dont know what you mean by "lost it", unless you have seen their BS work other than whats online

i think it is a case of know how to get the best out of them, i seem (no pun) to do ok, as John from Cleverleys said he could not make me better fitting shoes when he saw my G&G's - thro his next comment was - i'd love to try haha, maybe one day
smile.gif

jamaican

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
cheers buddy!

as much as i love both shoes i dont think that diamond caps work on balmorals - if i was to order another shoe like this i dont think i would get it seamless but keep the side skin stitch like on my wing tips

but i dont know what you mean by "lost it", unless you have seen their BS work other than whats online

i think it is a case of know how to get the best out of them, i seem (no pun) to do ok, as John from Cleverleys said he could not make me better fitting shoes when he saw my G&G's - thro his next comment was - i'd love to try haha, maybe one day
smile.gif

Luk-Cha

I should have been more specific regarding my comment on splicing the balmorals and the diamond caps. I would simply have no side seam (or rear seam) on the diamond cap Adelaide's. Bang! Skin stitch... not really going for that. I'd even rather a normal seam, but best of all, no rear seam.

You are no doubt right that you have to know how to get the best of them. My preference is for a more traditional English look most of the time. Hence I think I now prefer EG RTW/MTO to G&G MTO. That does not make Foster bespoke, for example, better than G&G in my eyes... perhaps just more to my taste generally speaking.

I will give G&G bespoke offerings a try. I have a relationship with them through their MTO offerings so know what who I am dealing with, which is a definite plus. As to losing it, I am referring to certain elements of many designs I have seen which are a bit too (in Tony's words) "edited" for me. I appreciate that they will vary the design to the order, this being bespoke, but there seems to be a "House-style" or preference to super sharp shoes... I want to step back from that. As to what I have seen: extensive research on-line and many times seen (in the flesh) the bespoke samples in their Savile Row showroom at Chittleborough & Morgan. Plus seen some other newer bespoke examples in real life from people who have commissioned them (including one of the aforementioned tailors).

I am sure the fit of the G&G is top notch... I expect Cleverley, Fosters and G&G (as well as others) are pretty much on par... I could be wrong. I am principally concerned therefore about styling of the shoes... I have looked at Cleverley bespoke and they look fine. They are just not for me style-wise. J

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
GGSeamlessWarwickVintageCherry11-5-2.jpg

united colors of...........
laugh.gif

well-kept

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
HOLY **** my head just exploded. Luk.... where, how...?

Where and how... the computer. That's the same photo differently colored via photoshop.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by well-kept
Where and how... the computer. That's the same photo differently colored via photoshop.

Ugh... say it aint so. I want them all.

Srynerson

Reaction score

The Corthay Bucy in "verte bronze" is very similar to Luk's simulated green G&G.

5016371255_6b97ea8c70_b.jpg

5016371243_0d88b0524a_b.jpg

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
HOLY **** my head just exploded. Luk.... where, how...?

haha

Originally Posted by well-kept

not quite but close

the brown and blue ones look kiul but the green is a little green imo

Originally Posted by Srynerson
The Corthay Bucy in "verte bronze" is very similar to Luk's simulated green G&G.

5016371255_6b97ea8c70_b.jpg

5016371243_0d88b0524a_b.jpg

these are nice - not over shrek green looking!

*crying, smashing fists on MacBook*

*going through closets to find saleable items*

green/ olive or lovat toned shoes are callllllling youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
devil.gif

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
green/ olive or lovat toned shoes are callllllling youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
devil.gif

They have been calling for years.. I cant get the perfect shoe/price ratio down.

If those Corthays were center belly cut croc now... I would be cleaning the big time closet.
devil.gif

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
Spoo, did you see this post from Leffot? The boots shown are sized for women, but the byron in olive antique is what you want
devil.gif
devil.gif

Thanks Sri.. no boots though. Those Corthays upthread are pretty much perfect for what I want.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads