• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Typical StyleForum Member

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1. male, between 18 and 30
4. extremely sensitive emotionally, evident in the form of name calling on the internet, and trying to gain some illusory sense of status through internet sarcasm
7. a sense of self esteem based upon gaining the approval of a phantom internet message board
These things are true for a number of message boards.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
not so much. epsom salt baths are your balls friend

Hell no son. The hot water makes your ball sag and makes it harder to get a good grip. Cold water makes your sack shrivel and easier to control.
teacha.gif

haTTer

Reaction score
Absolutely spot on - well written and conceived....and funny !

Originally Posted by 2sweet
I was perusing the thread on v-necks, and it confirms the uselessness of turning to some phantom internet community for "advice". Here is a profile of the typical Styleforum member:

2. affluent, or with access to credit cards which allow for extravagant spending over the short term
3. very thin
4. extremely sensitive emotionally, evident in the form of name calling on the internet, and trying to gain some illusory sense of status through internet sarcasm
5. a strong tendency to favor "classic" or timeless styles
6. a taste for understatement and staying below the "radar"
7. a sense of self esteem based upon gaining the approval of a phantom internet message board

In other words, these are young, insecure men who are trying to gain a sense of approval and identity by spending many thousands of dollars on clothes, but are unable to gain an enduring sense of self confidence, hence leading to more spending, more name calling and more shopping in an endless cycle.

It's rather sad, but often amusing to watch in it's relentless futility.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
gotta grab em like a fist full o' dollarz

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Hell no son. The hot water makes your ball sag and makes it harder to get a good grip. Cold water makes your sack shrivel and easier to control.
teacha.gif

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lostinthesupermarket
I might give it a go now that summer is on the way.

The prospect of getting my sack licked was my motivation. Turning 15 and finishing out puberty is a big deal, good luck to you.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
really sounds alot more like superfuture than styleforum.
I think Superfuture kids, while more despicable, annoying and overall punchable, probably have more friends and get laid more than SF posters (Judging by the amount of "I sat one seat closer to a girl I like in maths today... I smelled her hair, it was intoxicating. Will post tomorrow after I hide in her closet." posts. )

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was perusing the thread on v-necks, and it confirms the uselessness of turning to some phantom internet community for "advice". Here is a profile of the typical Styleforum member: 1. male, between 18 and 30 2. affluent, or with access to credit cards which allow for extravagant spending over the short term 3. very thin 4. extremely sensitive emotionally, evident in the form of name calling on the internet, and trying to gain some illusory sense of status through internet sarcasm 5. a strong tendency to favor "classic" or timeless styles 6. a taste for understatement and staying below the "radar" 7. a sense of self esteem based upon gaining the approval of a phantom internet message board In other words, these are young, insecure men who are trying to gain a sense of approval and identity by spending many thousands of dollars on clothes, but are unable to gain an enduring sense of self confidence, hence leading to more spending, more name calling and more shopping in an endless cycle. It's rather sad, but often amusing to watch in it's relentless futility.
This is me, except for 2 and 7 and the latter part of 4. (I'm sensitive, but not online.) Edit- Now that I think about it, 6 doesn't apply either since the "classic" styles that I wear kinda stick out when everyone else wears Abercrombie. Also, you're full of **** OP. (See what I did there?)

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I think Superfuture kids, while more despicable, annoying and overall punchable, probably have more friends and get laid more than SF posters (Judging by the amount of "I sat one seat closer to a girl I like in maths today... I smelled her hair, it was intoxicating. Will post tomorrow after I hide in her closet." posts. )

Styleforum really is just 4chan kids who got bored with WoW and learned what soap was.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Souper
well, true. Some of the most obviously best dressed people i've seen are also the most socially awkward. You'll find nerds for almost anything.

I guess you are new to the internets, then.

The entire post is true, but I don't see why this is some great epiphany for you. Have you not seen any other enthusiast message board?

Edit yea this is that guy in jet's sig. Man Im new to the internet, too. got trolled
frown.gif

Originally Posted by bdeuce22
8. Has trouble figuring out the difference between a purchase and an exchange

Originally Posted by PinkPantser
hahahaha

This well composed and articulated post brought to you by the same person as the one from my sig.

Please everyone I beg of you, take a look.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was perusing the thread on v-necks, and it confirms the uselessness of turning to some phantom internet community for "advice". Here is a profile of the typical Styleforum member:

2. affluent, or with access to credit cards which allow for extravagant spending over the short term
3. very thin
5. a strong tendency to favor "classic" or timeless styles
6. a taste for understatement and staying below the "radar"

In other words, these are young, insecure men who are trying to gain a sense of approval and identity by spending many thousands of dollars on clothes, but are unable to gain an enduring sense of self confidence, hence leading to more spending, more name calling and more shopping in an endless cycle.

It's rather sad, but often amusing to watch in it's relentless futility.

OP's evidence #'s 1-4

101_5463.jpg

101_5464.jpg

101_5468.jpg

101_5485.jpg

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason

It's true. There are a couple sufu kids at school, and they get laid regularly. I'm friends with a couple, and they're actually nice guys. One of them actually dresses more like a stereotypical SF psoter.

I just smell girls' hair in math class.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member