• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*The official Styleforum 2017 SECRET SANTA & GIFT EXCHANGE thread*

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's time once more for the Styleforum Secret Santa & Gift Exchange! :slayer:

As always i'll be doing my best to manage the event and hope to see it go as smoothly as possible.

This year we are collecting a $5 "entrance fee", that Styleforum can hold until the end of the season. The purpose of the pool is to hold people accountable, but perhaps more importantly, to get some cool stuff for anyone who does not receive a gift. Any funds left at the end will be donated to Styleforum’s Holiday Charity Drive.

The rules are as follows:

1) Your post in this thread indicating your desire to join must include your state/country, clothing size, and any special requests i.e. no clothing or no ties. If no clothing, try to give people a hint as to what you might like.

You must also send me a private message with your real name and your shipping address and I will then provide you the PayPal account for the $5 donation. I'll send a reminder before the cut off date. However, if you miss the miss the deadline for donation you will be dropped from the list.

Other than a donation, you just have to have had 100 posts on Styleforum to participate.

2) Minimum gift value of $35-$40 United States dollars. As long as you meet the minimum, how much you spend is up to you.

Shipping and packing costs are not included in your gift value. I will do my best to place you with someone in your immediate geographic area to attempt to cut down on shipping charges. US/US, Europe/Europe, etc, etc..

Gag gifts are allowed but cannot count against the overall value of the gift to meet the minimum. You will still need to provide him with a “real” gift.

3) Cut off date for signup & $5 donation is NOVEMBER 30th. Cutoff dates for shipping are as follows:

US - December 15th. Use Priority. It'll still takes a week.
International – December 7th.

4) Tracking numbers are mandatory. Please send them to me once your gift has been sent.

5) Once your receive the name of who you are supposed to send gifts to you have three day to let me know if it’s someone you have had in the last couple years. I will then do my best to swap out any past matches so you can have someone new.

6) We ask that all who participate take time to post pictures in this thread after they receive and open their gifts.

If you have any additional questions or concerns about participating feel free to ask here or shoot me a private message. :)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hope that this fails and LA Guy has to give a gift to JM who doesn't give a gift to LA Guy and someone cries who isn't named edina.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
To whomever may get my name:

I don't have any real requirements, so get creative. "Anything" is often harder to shop than specific things, so here's a bit of my life:

I wear a suit/tie/PS to work most days. Scarves and gloves are always great. I don't drink but have guests that drink. I happen to have 0 pickle Christmas ornaments. I like pine scented candles and mustard. I enjoy trying barbecue sauces I've never encountered. Plenty of empty shelves in my office for whatever knick-knacks or books. Feel free to get creative with something you think I'd want.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in. Will write a more detailed post this weekend. Thanks!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m in - will edit this post later

Interested in
BBQ Sauces (non-vinegar-y/mustard sauces) or Rubs
Good tequila/mezcal
(whatever you think is cool/interesting-typical 'surprise me' comment)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads