• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

Davakint

Reaction score
Hi @Davakint,

Would love some suggestions to include some colours I might miss.

Reckon my favourite pick would be something along the lines of a gorgeous deep chocolate brown that'd pair up great with some light coloured pants.

Or perhaps a camel would be amazing as well. Nothing very creative but something solid that combines easy so you always have an excuse to rock them.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Let me know if you're looking for a tester for the slip-on!
Haha !!! Too late ... too late said the white rabbit :)
(Not that I have got confirmation though)

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Haha !!! Too late ... too late said the white rabbit :)
(Not that I have got confirmation though)

Wasn't my first time mentioning it :fence:

To be fair, I think you are in their local vicinity (if I recall), so it probably makes things easier.

Last edited:

Rewiag

Reaction score
Rewiag said:
is this from the GAT and UL maker? If yes, I'm still expecting a UL from this batch and wondering if they have shorter laces for the GAT i got in May (they are about 10-15cm too long)

Yes these are all from the GAT and UL maker now.

I will check for you. @Idaxarchibaldlondon @cindyxarchibald

following up on this as I just got the confirmation of the ULs being finished in 10 days.

Reaction score
Hi @Rewiag, Nice to e-meet you here! Sorry for the late response.

I have joined Archibald London as Community Manager two months ago and I have been shadowing my fellow collogues and learning from them about how things work. My role spans across the business from customer management, brand development and right through to production where I work closely with our new designer, @cindyxarchibald to manage the ongoing productions and relationships with craftspeople.

I love the community spirit we share on this channel and I look forward to more engaging chats! I wanted to quickly confirm with you that yes, it is the same maker from the GAT and UL. I can also advise that the laces for the GAT shoes are 120 cm as with those of the UL. So what I will do is call in some shorter laces for both your GAT and UL and include them in your next delivery.
Speak soon!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@cindyxarchibald @Idaxarchibaldlondon , I’ve received feedback for the UL adjusted delivery timetable, but not for the shell sneakers adjusted delivery timetable. Any news?
Thanks

Reaction score
Hi @stephenaf2003 , yes sure. Sorry about that! The Italian maker is aiming to ship them before the summer holidays (latest end of July), but they're in need a few more days to be more precise in respect to give us a more detailed timetable for the shell sneakers. I hope we will be able to provide you an eta as soon as possible!

CWV

Reaction score
i Think the discusión about how to perfect the sneaker centered too much in technicall stuff that has little to no impact in the end (leather board bs leather bed). I have a real issue that should be revised and I know I’m not the only one with this issue.

In my case the sneakers do not hold my ankle tightly. This causes heel slip and inestability in uneven terrain (I feel the sneaker move independently from
My foot).
I’m not sure what the fix is. I have hypotetizide that maybe elevating the back of the heel half a centimeter or so may lhold the heel better. Also maybe positioning the upper most lace hole higher and more lined up with the ankle padding might help griping the ankle better. Im
No shoe maker so these are just intuitive sugestión. But I feel these problems are more real that some technical stuff. Also don’t come saying these sneakers are for “peacocking” (as some said when issues with laces were brought up) and therefore it doesn’t Mather if they do not grip your feet. All footware is supposed to be functional, otherwise it should be

Also my sneakers ar V1 so this might have changed in newer version. Idk if people with old and new versions ,who exiiruebced heel slip in the former, have seen a correction in the latter.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i Think the discusión about how to perfect the sneaker centered too much in technicall stuff that has little to no impact in the end (leather board bs leather bed). I have a real issue that should be revised and I know I’m not the only one with this issue.

In my case the sneakers do not hold my ankle tightly. This causes heel slip and inestability in uneven terrain (I feel the sneaker move independently from
My foot).
I’m not sure what the fix is. I have hypotetizide that maybe elevating the back of the heel half a centimeter or so may lhold the heel better. Also maybe positioning the upper most lace hole higher and more lined up with the ankle padding might help griping the ankle better. Im
No shoe maker so these are just intuitive sugestión. But I feel these problems are more real that some technical stuff. Also don’t come saying these sneakers are for “peacocking” (as some said when issues with laces were brought up) and therefore it doesn’t Mather if they do not grip your feet. All footware is supposed to be functional, otherwise it should be

Also my sneakers ar V1 so this might have changed in newer version. Idk if people with old and new versions ,who exiiruebced heel slip in the former, have seen a correction in the latter.

Very real point and important too.

We have thus far in total received 7 messages regarding heel slippage on the v2 and a couple more on the v1s (i think we logged 16 in total across all delivery thus far). Ultimately it does come down to foot type in terms of who experiences it and who doesn't.

With the new maker, however, one of the reasons the soon to be delivered (v2.5/ v3) took a little longer to start it's production is that we made some further changes to the shoe including a lowered footboard (full grain leather) and a slightly increased back for better grip page. These in tandem should address the issue for the few people that experienced it and provide a better wearing experience for those that didn't. The shoe also features some adjustments on the ball area, a higher grade lining leather so there is less chance of rub off on the socks etc. Finally some improvements on anticato-ing for those pairs where this is relevant.

Unfortunately it has been another production via zoom, whatsapp and regular phone calls and we have been unable to follow on the ground due to restrictive travel and a few facility lockdowns but fingers crossed all goes well and we look forward to hearing feedback. Only a few days to go now.

There is also a different version of the SF-01 we are calling the SF-01 Retro which @stephenaf2003 tested out and I believe @Staxxx1 might also have a pair. This is a more snug fit higher up the ankles with a more classic vamp as well and an almond toe upfront. Less slick/minimalist but more classic and we are debating if we should release them in a few options (deerskin, cxl, veg tan).

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don’t come saying these sneakers are for “peacocking”
Heh, I don't think the people on this thread have seen sneakers truly meant for peacocking and with no pretense of functionality.

16922667_34014586_1000.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics