• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Cindy here! I just joined the Archibald team as the product design and development manager. Lovely to meet you all. I’ve been through all the threads on Style Forum and reviewed the history. As we’ve been spending the last 8 weeks or so settling things down and establishing a stronger foundation for the way we bring you all the best products, I’ve taken some time before introducing myself. I’ve been working on developing these moccasin-esque slip-ons (pictured below) but it has taken a little more time to find the right buttery suede for the upper. However, I’ve ensured to design this with a full grain leather floorboard and sourced the sole with margom. I’ve spoken with Rohan as we are a little late on development with these with all that has happened this year, and he has suggested that we allow the community to purchase the slip-ons at naked pricing. We want to make some minor tweaks on these to elevate the insole. We’ll try to make them available online as soon as possible and narrow down the window for a few weeks. Let us know what you guys think!

IMG_3129.jpg
IMG_3130.jpg
IMG_3135.jpg
IMG_3138.jpg

The removable insole pictured above will need to be redesigned and elevated.

Last edited:

CWV

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Cindy here! I just joined the Archibald team as the product design and development manager. Lovely to meet you all. I’ve been through all the threads on Style Forum and reviewed the history. As we’ve been spending the last 8 weeks or so settling things down and establishing a stronger foundation for the way we bring you all the best products, I’ve taken some time before introducing myself. I’ve been working on developing these moccasin-esque slip-ons (pictured below) but it has taken a little more time to find the right buttery suede for the upper. However, I’ve ensured to design this with a full grain leather floorboard and sourced the sole with margum. I’ve spoken with Rohan as we are a little late on development with these with all that has happened this year, and he has suggested that we allow the community to purchase the slip-ons at naked pricing. We want to make some minor tweaks on these to elevate the insole. We’ll try to make them available online as soon as possible and narrow down the window for a few weeks. Let us know what you guys think!

View attachment 1632598 View attachment 1632599 View attachment 1632600 View attachment 1632601
The sole pictured above will need to be redesigned and elevated.
Does the sole needs to be white? The apron and last take the shoe away from sneaker territory and I find the white sole clash a bit.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like a dark amber sole colour like we have done with the Shell Cordovan Limited Edition pairs personally.

But I guess the fun part is getting the discussions going again so we can decide final colourways for the launch.

The suede @cindyxarchibald has managed to find is really something else though.

Rewiag

Reaction score
Will drop my two cents in on this:
  • Leather looks good.
  • The tongue is a tad too long I think. The tongue should not touch the ankle, and if the proportions are true to size, this would be smashing against my ankle.
  • The sole on the other hand is something I would reconsider for this upper. As CWV said, this is pretty much a combination of more formal upper with a very informal sole, which makes a weird hybrid. Either change the upper to be less formal or just use leather sole (they can go with Blake-stitching for loafers)
  • if you go with leather sole, there is no need for replaceable insoles, just glue it in

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Cindy here! I just joined the Archibald team as the product design and development manager. Lovely to meet you all. I’ve been through all the threads on Style Forum and reviewed the history. As we’ve been spending the last 8 weeks or so settling things down and establishing a stronger foundation for the way we bring you all the best products, I’ve taken some time before introducing myself. I’ve been working on developing these moccasin-esque slip-ons (pictured below) but it has taken a little more time to find the right buttery suede for the upper. However, I’ve ensured to design this with a full grain leather floorboard and sourced the sole with margum. I’ve spoken with Rohan as we are a little late on development with these with all that has happened this year, and he has suggested that we allow the community to purchase the slip-ons at naked pricing. We want to make some minor tweaks on these to elevate the insole. We’ll try to make them available online as soon as possible and narrow down the window for a few weeks. Let us know what you guys think!

View attachment 1632598 View attachment 1632599 View attachment 1632600 View attachment 1632601
The removable insole pictured above will need to be redesigned and elevated.
You had me at "buttery suede"...

Reaction score
Hi @Rewiag ,

Thanks so much for your feedback. The tongue was designed to ever so gently graze the ankle as you can see in the picture below. This is why it was paramount to source the most supple and buttery suede for comfort and ease. The suede is mostly unlined aside from the tongue (which is lined with the same incredibly soft suede) making the shoe extremely lightweight, ideally to be worn during the summer.

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

We will be developing a loafer with a leather sole. We plan to on developing these with the community as we have done with the SF-01.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Looks like my perfect summer shoe here!

Potatoe

Reaction score
If it's a casual summer shoe I think it should be a bit wider and rounder. These have the danger of ending up in no mans land between something you could wear on a weekend with jeans / shorts and business casual. The shoes I have which fall in that range, rarely get worn.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd keep the shape just the way you presented it.
It's an obvious homage to a Loro Piana summer walk shoe, without the LP price.
I like it...

NonChalant321

Reaction score
I like it. Would be curious to see what soles are available. Reltex Lactae Hevea or Vibram mini lugs would be a nice touch.

Reaction score
Hi @Potatoe ,

If you see the picture of Rohan wearing the moccasins you can see that the suede upper is quite accommodating so if you have a wider foot, the idea is that the upper moulds around it. We don't want the loafer to look bulbous as we were trying to create a sleeker look. The suede we sourced is exceptional being light, buttery soft, and easy on the foot.

Davakint

Reaction score
@cindyxarchibald have you already thought about the colours you want to release?

Have been looking for the past few months for a great smart casual loafer, and it seems like I finally found one that is to my taste.

Staxxx1

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads