• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is a v1 pre order. CXL wasn’t an option back then.
I’m blind and I can’t read. For whatever reason, I read your note as, “was it available when I ordered mine”??‍♂️ ...lol.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beige suede
91A979BB-9D7F-49E0-86C0-5DC9DCC8DE47.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI Gents, someone has been mucking around with the google doc that @ArchibaldRoh set up, to sell his samples. My name was removed from the size 42 Blue Calf w/blue soles, and size 42 Tan Calf Gum sole position, and placed on something totally erroneous. Might want to check your names if you signed up for any. @zmurrro @Potatoe looks like you two came in and signed up after me, on pairs I’d already requested, or someone did the same to you two.

Last edited:

zmurrro

Reaction score
No idea what happens, I was not after your blue ones, but bordo/gum but I am not able to fix it in the file currently. Comments on greys also do not match, so the whole file is shifted somehow... :oops:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just noticed the new ultra lights in the email sent out. How do these fit relative to the SF-01 V1?
I tested these with the trial pair, and noticed the included coconut insoles, snugged the fit up a bit. So much so that with my normal size, I needed to wear thin socks with them, thick socks made the fit tight.

Given they are unlined however, moving forward as I have worn them, I tend to treat them like loafers. I really hate wearing shoes without socks, but sneakers are a different story for me. I either wear these sneakers with no socks, or with my very thin no show socks, and the fit and feel is kinda spectacular.

randomthing234

Reaction score
I looked at the spreadsheet and it seems like the thing that got messed up was the size column only. The other descriptions match what I had originally marked my name down but the size is off.

Potatoe

Reaction score
FYI Gents, someone has been mucking around with the google doc that @ArchibaldRoh set up, to sell his samples. My name was removed from the size 42 Blue Calf w/blue soles, and size 42 Tan Calf Gum sole position, and placed on something totally erroneous. Might want to check your names if you signed up for any. @zmurrro @Potatoe looks like you two came in and signed up after me, on pairs I’d already requested, or someone did the same to you two.

I'm just taking the 41s in Tan Calf and Gray roos. Also a 43 in white roos for a friend. Everything else can be deleted.

At Ron's suggestion I'm probably going to buy a pair of the Veg Tan V2's but was waiting for the Rose Anvil video to drop.

Fairly sure the Blues are all yours.

kevinftwman

Reaction score
Also looking to sell a pair of V2s in navy suede, white heel in size 40 if anyone is interested. Or if anyone wants to trade a pair of V2s in 39...

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also looking to sell a pair of V2s in navy suede, white heel in size 40 if anyone is interested. Or if anyone wants to trade a pair of V2s in 39...
I might, but I need my 40s to get delivered to see if that's the right size.
I have one pair of 39s and I had to stretch them.
Update: I took them off your hands. I'm pretty sure 40 is the size for me, and I almost ordered blue suede.

Last edited:

CWV

Reaction score
I might, but I need my 40s to get delivered to see if that's the right size.
I have one pair of 39s and I had to stretch them.
Update: I took them off your hands. I'm pretty sure 40 is the size for me, and I almost ordered blue suede.
Did they stretch? I need to stretch one a bit but I don’t know if they will due to the side wall

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they stretch? I need to stretch one a bit but I don’t know if they will due to the side wall
Yeah, I have a home stretcher with some spray, and I left them stretching for a few days.
They're still a little snug, but they are wearable. Big difference.

CWV

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a home stretcher with some spray, and I left them stretching for a few days.
They're still a little snug, but they are wearable. Big difference.
My problem is with my pinky toe Do you think it would hell? Also.. which spray?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics