• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When would you want to wear ultralights over the normal sneakers? When you would feel like wearing something like espadrilles?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When would you want to wear ultralights over the normal sneakers? When you would feel like wearing something like espadrilles?
I tend to use them in much the same way as espadrilles, and also the same way I use loafers.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gave them a drive around the park back in October last year...also just FYI, I paid for them as well.

that's useful feedback, cheers. i am getting a ton of wear out of my V1 but they are "substantial", in a good way. a lighter pair would be cool for summer.

i don't normally like pebble grain but the deerskin looks great.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CXL Green
B64BDDB1-3D30-48DB-A93D-64A08476A666.jpeg

NonChalant321

Reaction score
The sample of the black SF-01 ultralights posted a few pages ago came in the delivery today. Full disclosure - I paid for the sample. I of course had the option to wait for a brand new one but decided I'd be ok purchasing a sample that, except for a small mark from a marker inside, was identical to the final product.

Anyway, first impression was woah this pebbled leather is nice! Pebbled leather is something I typically avoided - in bags, shoes, jackets, wallets, whatever else. I'd been really curious about deerskin though and especially these ULs - been bugging Rohan about the release date for a couple months. Its unstructured but not as floppy unstructured as I imagined. When slipping your foot in....the tongue is unstructured enough that you have to pull it in place or it will fold.

After relacing and slipping them on...I literally said aloud to my dog next to me "wow...now this is what I'm talking about!"

It's just that comfortable - more so than my UltraBoosts although i probably wouldn't go for a run with these. Molds to the feet like a slipper, and the unlined leather felt cool and supremely supple. The top of the tongue has a little thicker padding which noticeably adds to comfort and fit. Walking on pavement - every step felt soft and silent. Literally felt like a ninja. I have no idea how durable the sole is and how the deerskin upper is going to age, but I already know this is going to be my go-to travel sneaker.

I'm looking forward to see how this deerskin ages. I only wish this was resoleable but I guess it just wouldn't be UltraLights if that were the case. Definitely hope AoL makes this item a staple instead of a limited thing, because I can see myself buying more to replace this one when it wears out - and maybe another with the lactae hevea sole. As for fit, I was told they fit slightly narrower than the V2 but may not notice it because its unstructured. That's pretty true - it fit perfectly in the same size and if anything, felt slightly roomier around the toes due to the unstructured nature.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sample of the black SF-01 ultralights posted a few pages ago came in the delivery today. Full disclosure - I paid for the sample. I of course had the option to wait for a brand new one but decided I'd be ok purchasing a sample that, except for a small mark from a marker inside, was identical to the final product.

Anyway, first impression was woah this pebbled leather is nice! Pebbled leather is something I typically avoided - in bags, shoes, jackets, wallets, whatever else. I'd been really curious about deerskin though and especially these ULs - been bugging Rohan about the release date for a couple months. Its unstructured but not as floppy unstructured as I imagined. When slipping your foot in....the tongue is unstructured enough that you have to pull it in place or it will fold.

After relacing and slipping them on...I literally said aloud to my dog next to me "wow...now this is what I'm talking about!"

It's just that comfortable - more so than my UltraBoosts although i probably wouldn't go for a run with these. Molds to the feet like a slipper, and the unlined leather felt cool and supremely supple. The top of the tongue has a little thicker padding which noticeably adds to comfort and fit. Walking on pavement - every step felt soft and silent. Literally felt like a ninja. I have no idea how durable the sole is and how the deerskin upper is going to age, but I already know this is going to be my go-to travel sneaker.

I'm looking forward to see how this deerskin ages. I only wish this was resoleable but I guess it just wouldn't be UltraLights if that were the case. Definitely hope AoL makes this item a staple instead of a limited thing, because I can see myself buying more to replace this one when it wears out - and maybe another with the lactae hevea sole. As for fit, I was told they fit slightly narrower than the V2 but may not notice it because its unstructured. That's pretty true - it fit perfectly in the same size and if anything, felt slightly roomier around the toes due to the unstructured nature.
So glad you got them
XL soles are super durable and really great so won't be a problem at all. In fact you might find them slightly more lasting than the infamous margoms.

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Roh, not sure if I missed any update on the Excel list? Did send you a couple of messages on WhatsApp...

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a nice leather that is. Wish it was available when I got my burdo anticato.
I suppose it depends on when you ordered your Bordeaux. I ordered these in late August 2020.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads