• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

micplaylens

Reaction score
I think veg tan, especially veg tan white, is fairly uncommon for sneakers.

As mentioned, veg tan is off white whereas chrome tan is brilliant white. They're both nice - comes down to personal preference. Brilliant white is nice in the way dental veneers are nice. Veg tan white is nice in the way a high quality veg tan leather briefcase or weekender is nice.
thanks!

i am just worry that the veg tan white will change quickly (pataina) like most veg tan products

archipel

Reaction score
Anyone can share their experience with the Lactae Hevea vs the standard XL sole? I like the white colour more but the Lactae Hevea seems very interesting

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone can share their experience with the Lactae Hevea vs the standard XL sole? I like the white colour more but the Lactae Hevea seems very interesting
Hi, no one actually has the LV samples so it would have to be someone who has the GAT but from what I recall they wouldn't know how to compare it to the XL soles as only @stephenaf2003 and @NonChalant321 have those.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I will be a little quieter than usual on this until this hand welted issue is resolved because it becomes a time sink to reply to some of the outlandish comments made. It's becoming a toxic atmosphere at the moment as good affected customers are being riled up by people who know nothing about us and it isn't going to stop till the matter is totally resolved.

If you don't receive an answer about the upcoming sneaker pre-order deadline or something similar for the time being, please message customer support.

Hoppin' D

Reaction score
So another maker was chosen regardless due to the construction.
They did the shell and the ultralights.

The question is on the mainline SF-01. But we have to assess just what happens as well because if they are not forthcoming to settle and help rectify this then it isn't really a question I guess.
Not sure what's the current situ, catching up on this thread. Will remove this if I read on and my comments are irrelevant. But it seems that you've already decided to see how Adriano deals with this; it seems that you've decided to give him another chance on the condition that he promises to produce what he's supposed to. There are two issues for me here. One is: are you able to guarantee the quality of the work that he is responsible for? And the second is: are you confident enough with the optics of sticking with him for the sake of the brand? These are two separate things. It seems to me that there wouldn't be much hassle shifting some of the work to the new craftsman, but can you do that for all that he was responsible for? You are right to say your brand is all about values, and that they include trust, but you owe your customers that more than an artisan.

Last edited:

Hoppin' D

Reaction score
SF01 v2 was delivered. It was an overall success I think.

There is a new batch scheduled which currently says it will close on the 25th of March. It will be extended to the 14th of April.
Delivery will be the sometime end of May/Early June.
I ordered in January. Still nothing; any indication of when they will be delivered?

Last edited:

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what's the current situ, catching up on this thread. Will remove this if I read on and my comments are irrelevant. But it seems that you've already decided to see how Adriano deals with this; it seems that you've decided to give him another chance. There are two issues for me here. One is: are you able to guarantee the level of quality with the SF01-V2s that he has kept with the V1s (since I understand you are happy with those)? And the second is: are you confident enough with the optics of sticking with him for the sake of the brand? These are two separate things. It seems to me that there wouldn't be much hassle shifting all the SFs to the new craftsman.
Actually, the SF-01 will be moved as a result of Adriano's first response when the matter was escalated through legal representation. It seems this is going to take a little longer and the sneaker project has to move on as people are once againw waiting for them.

Secondly, the SF-01 v2s were the successful product. The v1s had tongue gate and the v2s were the ones that were elevated and people who received them were praising.

Secondly, assuming Adriano does come to the table and the matter is resolved he won't have scope to do the sneaker if the ideal solution comes to play.

Hoppin' D

Reaction score
Actually, the SF-01 will be moved as a result of Adriano's first response when the matter was escalated through legal representation. It seems this is going to take a little longer and the sneaker project has to move on as people are once againw waiting for them.

Thanks. Can you say what the current situation is for V2 customers? I.e. what's been made and dispatched; what's been made and yet to be dispatched (and expected dispatch dates); and what's yet to be made and dispatched? I know there are different batches of V2s, and curious if mine, ordered in January, have been made by Adriano and have yet to be dispatched, if they are to be made by another craftsman, or what.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Can you say what the current situation is for V2 customers? I.e. what's been made and dispatched; what's been made and yet to be dispatched (and expected dispatch dates); and what's yet to be made and dispatched? I know there are different batches of V2s, and curious if mine, ordered in January, have been made by Adriano and have yet to be dispatched, if they are to be made by another craftsman, or what.
so I actually messaged you in chat right after I saw that message because I received similar communication from another customer. An email was sent sometime in Feb that the second batch of v2 shoes in particular will be delayed because we wanted to ensure the first batch was perfect before embarking on the second. Then this saga started and another email went out (there are about 40 people I believe) stating that the batch will be delayed further as we have now put a halt on shoes from Adriano due to the incident and were going to move the summer batch to our GAT maker unless Adriano matter is resolved quickly... so then we started sampling (which we are still waiting on) and that will then all most likely (we are looking to confirm all be done in the batch due to be delivered in June.

The email did state that if you wished to cancel you of course could etc... and made clear that the situation is not all straightforward.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you let me know what you ordered I can check to see we might have a pair here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sand w/Gum sole
1F9B4A2E-1E49-4710-B50C-5B48658CE484.jpeg

B1B03A64-FF9E-442C-A4C7-3C020355B10B.jpeg

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ArchibaldRoh wrote to CS a couple of days ago. Could you check that plz? I haven’t receive answere yet
They are working through a backlog from the holidays will be with you soon I am sure.
Just one at the moment (others are sick).

Reactions: CWV

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads