• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any targeted date for SF-01? Just for expectation.
we'd rather wait to see how the situation develops in Italy before giving away any date but for now the delivery should be set for Beginning/Mid May

styleforumuser

Reaction score
we'd rather wait to see how the situation develops in Italy before giving away any date but for now the delivery should be set for Beginning/Mid May

Yea sorry, date was a bad choice of words. I just meant a "this quarter" type of timeframe. Stay safe!

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, we have gained some valuable updates from Italy today and will be shooting over an email to everyone who has ordered the SF-01 and is waiting. I'll post the same here later today.

I did not receive an email update. Was it sent? If so, I need to update my address.

ThePetros

Reaction score
I did not receive an email update. Was it sent? If so, I need to update my address.
They were just sent out.

Thank you for the update @ArchibaldRoh. We all know we’re in crazy circumstances right now, but having this information is very important in maintaining these relationships-so good on you for furnishing it.

On a separate note, I’m part of another crowdfunding campaign whose production was halted due to the coronavirus crisis and they have gone MIA when they have nothing to hide as the factory that produces the materials has been shut for months now. When manufacturing is at a standstill, there is not much we can do about it. Letting us know what to expect is appreciated!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ThePetros Thank you for letting @Shawnc know and for your understanding and support!

For anyone who did not receive my email from a few hours ago (likely due to subscription preferences), please find it below:

Dear SF-01 Customer,

I hope you are all well and keeping safe during these unusual times.

I have to begin with an apology as I have pushed the sending of this email a little bit due to the ever-changing situation.

As you are aware, the SF-01 is handmade in Italy, one of the red centers of the coronavirus pandemic. It's been over a month since most things have ground to halt in the country, especially businesses. However, we were quite lucky that Adriano, our lead craftsmen lives above his workshop and thus could continue work on the SF-01 with his family members. The issue and concern was of course with materials coming in. As of now, Margom and some of the leather tanneries are causing the major hold up. Business owners in Italy have received unofficial communication that the country will ease out of lockdown over the next few weeks with a target of April 15th for small, controlled business to resume. In this case all suppliers will qualify to slowly resume operations and thus Adriano can continue. For now, he has completed all he can given the situation.

The current estimate for delivery is therefore roughly around mid-May for the shoes to arrive at our facility and then be subsequently forwarded to you.

I am terribly sorry for all the inconvenience and delays, I will stress now, as I have to any of you who have written, that both my team and our crafting partners have been doing all they can to minimise any delays caused by this unfortunate occurrence. I understand, given that these items have been paid for in advance, there is a degree of frustration and anticipation in waiting for them. I can only hope when they do arrive all of you will be fully satisfied.

In the meantime, we are working on an initiative to support our craftsmen who will no doubt see their futures uncertain following this situation. As always, I am available on forum, through email or via whatsapp for anything you might require.

Best,

Rohan

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ThePetros Thank you for letting @Shawnc know and for your understanding and support!

For anyone who did not receive my email from a few hours ago (likely due to subscription preferences), please find it below:

Dear SF-01 Customer,

I have to begin with an apology as I have pushed the sending of this email a little bit due to the ever-changing situation.

As you are aware, the SF-01 is handmade in Italy, one of the red centers of the coronavirus pandemic. It's been over a month since most things have ground to halt in the country, especially businesses. However, we were quite lucky that Adriano, our lead craftsmen lives above his workshop and thus could continue work on the SF-01 with his family members. The issue and concern was of course with materials coming in. As of now, Margom and some of the leather tanneries are causing the major hold up. Business owners in Italy have received unofficial communication that the country will ease out of lockdown over the next few weeks with a target of April 15th for small, controlled business to resume. In this case all suppliers will qualify to slowly resume operations and thus Adriano can continue. For now, he has completed all he can given the situation.

The current estimate for delivery is therefore roughly around mid-May for the shoes to arrive at our facility and then be subsequently forwarded to you.

I am terribly sorry for all the inconvenience and delays, I will stress now, as I have to any of you who have written, that both my team and our crafting partners have been doing all they can to minimise any delays caused by this unfortunate occurrence. I understand, given that these items have been paid for in advance, there is a degree of frustration and anticipation in waiting for them. I can only hope when they do arrive all of you will be fully satisfied.

In the meantime, we are working on an initiative to support our craftsmen who will no doubt see their futures uncertain following this situation. As always, I am available on forum, through email or via whatsapp for anything you might require.

Best,

Rohan

Certainly understandable and I appreciate the thorough update. Good luck and stay safe. Thanks.

Rewiag

Reaction score
just out of curiosity: how many SF-01 were ordered in total?

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dear SF-01 Customer,

Best,

Rohan

Thanks Rohan. I hope that you and all your colleagues stay safe. I'm sure nobody here thinks that getting their shoes is more important than the life and health of the people making them.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha no, they are great. Just surprised about the volume.
We did internally agree that we wouldn't make a reveal on absolute numbers, but I will say it is higher than anyone has guessed thus far. Unless I missed a message...

I honestly cannot wait for them to arrive in everyone's hands. We are integrating a review system as well for them and just really excited to hear everyone's thoughts and also to move on with other community designed products.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We were experimenting given the time the current situation has afforded.... Not confirmed we will be doing something like it but in any case, what do you guys think?

As a first sample, the internal padding looks like it could do with a little more and the centre holder for the lace looks too fat..

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-04-17 at 10.19.34 AM4.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-17 at 10.19.34 AM4.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 66
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-04-17 at 10.19.34 AM3.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-17 at 10.19.34 AM3.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 81
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-04-17 at 10.19.34 AM2.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-17 at 10.19.34 AM2.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 121
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-04-17 at 10.19.34 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-04-17 at 10.19.34 AM.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 121

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads