• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I don't mind the wait.
Everyone should stay safe and healthy.
Safety first
05E679FB-EBB2-4C05-96AE-8A83058DF152.jpeg

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

Many of us have now converted to a working-from-home situation and whilst we might argue that there are far more important things to consider in the world at the moment then slip-ons, the best thing we can all do is to maintain any form of normalcy possible. The fact remains that we together decided to embark on the project for the SF-02 Slip-On sneakers with the idea that by the time the SF-01 was prepared and delivered we would be able to run a pre-order special for those as well.

So, we have prepared the initial questionnaire for the SF-02 slip-on, which you can find here.

It will be once again handmade in Italy by the same father and son team that are making the SF-01 - so everything will be done the old way and the right way with hand-cut and stitched uppers, the best materials and all that.

The questionnaire will be open for the next 10-14 days depending on engagement and we will then pivot into an open discussion about the data obtained etc. Following this, it will be first samples and then pre-production samples. Finally, any feedback received from the SF-01 will be plowed directly back into this so we will have something

Any points, pictures, comparables, etc that you feel should be mentioned - please do post and share your thoughts on the thread.

Regarding pricing as this will be the second community designed sneaker (and will be open for pre-order only after we prove our chops with the SF-01) so we have gone with a small mark-up of 12% over the Naked price. We might choose to go even lower however will not go above this. The special price will once again only be available to SF members as will the first batch of production.

Best,

Rohan

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
Nice survey @ArchibaldRoh. I didn't think of a cordovan slip-on but because of the way this leather creases I think offering an option in it would be the absolute killer (although probably a tough bit more expensive).

I found a small error in the survey, by the way: the link in the end that should bring you back to this thread actually brings you to the handwelted GMTO thread.

Cheers!

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice survey @ArchibaldRoh. I didn't think of a cordovan slip-on but because of the way this leather creases I think offering an option in it would be the absolute killer (although probably a tough bit more expensive).

I found a small error in the survey, by the way: the link in the end that should bring you back to this thread actually brings you to the handwelted GMTO thread.

Cheers!
ah thanks will update!

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Cheers!
updated!

CWV

Reaction score
Any chance for you to publish the data of what was ordered? How many pairs of each one? Just for curiosity

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sure, here’s a couple of data we got from the first batch

Sole preferences
9E1AF754-741E-41F7-9749-2552AD186F94.jpeg

Leather Preferences

stats.png

Size preferences, here you can clearly see the negatively skewed distribution with more values concentrated on the right side.

6E2322BD-EE92-4EB2-A0CA-573E5D46DAD5.jpeg

Branding choice
SF-01 First Order - February 2020 - Fogli Google - Google Chrome 23_03_2020 15_48_03 (2).png

@CWV

Attachments

• eoinwe.png
    eoinwe.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Color interest. A big cut of the first batch was for people who ordered the classic white sneakers. Top Anticato color has been Sienna and White Kangaroo has scored good numbers too.

SOLECOLORPERCENTAGE
White SoleCalfskin White22,86%
Gum SoleKangaroo White9,87%
Gum SoleAnticato Sienna7,01%
Black SoleCalfskin Black6,75%
Gum SoleAnticato Tan5,71%
Gum SoleKangaroo Grey5,19%
White SoleKangaroo White5,19%
White SoleAnticato Bordoi4,16%
White SoleAnticato Grey3,12%
White SoleAnticato Sienna2,60%
Blue SoleAnticato Blue2,60%
White SoleKangaroo Grey2,08%
Black SoleSuede Black1,82%
White SoleCalfskin Sand1,82%
Gum SoleAnticato Bordoi1,82%
White SoleSuede Beige1,56%
Gum SoleCalfskin White1,56%
White SoleAnticato Green1,56%
Gum SoleAnticato Green1,56%
White SoleSuede Grey1,30%
White SoleSuede Mustard1,04%
White SoleSuede Brown1,04%
White SoleAnticato Tan1,04%
Blue SoleSuede Blue0,78%
White SoleCalfskin Black0,78%
White SoleSuede Black0,52%
Gum SoleSuede Beige0,52%
Gum SoleSuede Brown0,52%
Gum SoleSuede Mustard0,52%
Gum SoleSuede Grey0,52%
Black SoleSuede Blue0,26%
Gum SoleCalfskin Sand0,26%
Gum SoleCalfskin Black0,26%
Blue SoleCalfskin Black0,26%
Blue SoleKangaroo White0,26%
Blue SoleAnticato Grey0,26%
Blue SoleAnticato Tan0,26%
Gum SoleAnticato Blue0,26%
Gum SoleAnticato Grey0,26%
Black SoleAnticato Grey0,26%

@CWV

archipel

Reaction score
I got the white kangaroo because I’ve never seen a sneaker with it before. Can you update us on how it holds up (now that you have had some time to see it)? How is the creasing? Do you personally prefer it over calfskin or not?

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I got the white kangaroo because I’ve never seen a sneaker with it before. Can you update us on how it holds up (now that you have had some time to see it)? How is the creasing? Do you personally prefer it over calfskin or not?
We gave a sample to a friend of us to try it on for a couple of weeks and he said the feeling is great, the kangaroo leather molds quickly to his feet. Attached you can find a picture of the shoes after 7 days usage.

I went for the calfskin white on white simply because I own a pair of white Archibald's Ghirlandina and I wanted to see the differences on the long run but personally I see the calfskin and the kangaroo as equally nice.

Attachments

• SF-01-editorial-002.jpg
    SF-01-editorial-002.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 271

CWV

Reaction score
Nice data. So about 385 pairs, greatly concentrated in the white on white.

CWV

Reaction score
I find curious the concentration in the 42 size. Has that always happened n your historical data?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads