• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OrlandoMo

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
SF-02 first prototype almost ready. What do you think we should change?
9478C785-4D81-458E-945C-EADBEFE6F314.jpeg
C85F278E-E006-4734-BE7A-00C93C803A9F.jpeg
5EAFC086-F8E6-4150-BD42-AE3993A7C40E.jpeg
B38C5E45-E516-498E-A045-C91065475311.jpeg
A419D006-6149-4B3C-B066-5EF3619D64C9.jpeg

qwertz66

Reaction score
Hi all,

I hope you are all well and keeping safe.
I have been wanting to send through an update about the delivery of the SF-01's for some time now, however delayed it for a few days at the request of our craftsmen who were awaiting some particular information from a supplier.
It has been a month since Italy re-opened and things have started progressing back to normal a little more, everyday.
The soles arrived from Margom towards the end of May and deliveries of insoles arrived shortly after.
There was one issue with the Kangaroo leather delivered, the white one was perfect but the grey one was a little off and too thick for what we require so it was sent back to be replaced. This will be back in Monday.

Everything else is going really well at the moment and we are hoping to be at a point where we can start getting deliveries out of Italy come our way in the last week of June so we can dispatch them out before the end of June.

I cannot stress how much we apologize for the inconvenience and delays caused. I am proud that Adriano and the team managed to salvage what they can so far but also understand that these have been paid for by all of you a long time ago. I hope when they finally arrive you will all feel satisfied and that they were worth the wait.

More to come soon. We also reached out to Rose Anvil to try and get the sneakers reviewed, Orlando is in touch so we will see if we can make it happen.

Best,

Rohan
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to the end product all the way from Malaysia!

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, just about to make a purchase of 2 SF01

After I put in my shipping address. the price raised from 149 euro (227.9 Cad based on FX rate today) to 259 Cad.

I am wondering if this price includes tax/ duties already? As I recall seeing a page saying that changing location will only convert the currency but adding additional fee.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1404992
Okay... I did misread, it said "updated cart in my own currency"... didn't mention they will not add additional fee.
Hi there yes it is priced taking into account the different costa we have for logistics etc so differences do exist. At the moment buying the sf01 in the us is the cheapest only because it is shipped direct to customer from overseas and the value is under the deminimas value so no duty etc AND we have very good pricing for deliveries to US as a consequence of the volume.

I know its odd because most brands form Europe tend to be 40 percent more expensive in the States but that is only because they can not alwaya because they need to be.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there yes it is priced taking into account the different costa we have for logistics etc so differences do exist. At the moment buying the sf01 in the us is the cheapest only because it is shipped direct to customer from overseas and the value is under the deminimas value so no duty etc AND we have very good pricing for deliveries to US as a consequence of the volume.

I know its odd because most brands form Europe tend to be 40 percent more expensive in the States but that is only because they can not alwaya because they need to be.
So the price I paid may subject to further taxes / duties?

CWV

Reaction score

Guys, my honest advice to you is that you should make the real costs transparent is the Final price.
The duties are paid by the buyer upon receiving, so that can not explain the difference in cost. So the difference is due to variations in shipping costs, which is understandable.
you should make clear the real shipping cost and leave the price of the product static, otherwise one can feel confused or even cheated, as was the case of another customer further back. One can understand differences in shipping costs, but is harder to do so regarding the price of the item itself.

This is just a candid advice that goes in the path of transparency, which after all is your company motto.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, my honest advice to you is that you should make the real costs transparent is the Final price.
The duties are paid by the buyer upon receiving, so that can not explain the difference in cost. So the difference is due to variations in shipping costs, which is understandable.
you should make clear the real shipping cost and leave the price of the product static, otherwise one can feel confused or even cheated, as was the case of another customer further back. One can understand differences in shipping costs, but is harder to do so regarding the price of the item itself.

This is just a candid advice that goes in the path of transparency, which after all is your company motto.
It is quite difficult because what is happening is we have localised countries where we know all costs involved and non-localised countries where we are unable to handle things like duties.
On the page of the actual product, if you scroll down and see the costs of making the item it is all made quite clear the only thing is we only do that for the US market because otherwise that would mean a separate one for each localised country which is impossible to do for all product.

Also for many countries without localised services we don't actually know the shipping costs but have a schedule from DHL. I guess we can build it into the checkout, we will investigate

Rewiag

Reaction score

what can be static is the base price of the product, everything else is subject to change. Many EU countries have high variance in VAT for example. One country has a VAT of 27% on everything, others maybe 15%, in the US it is usually between 0 and 5%.

CWV

Reaction score
what can be static is the base price of the product, everything else is subject to change. Many EU countries have high variance in VAT for example. One country has a VAT of 27% on everything, others maybe 15%, in the US it is usually between 0 and 5%.
Exactly, but VAT is not included in the price, except in the localized ones. It is paid by the buyer upon arrival the the country.

Anyway this is my las post regarding this topic. I don’t want to derail the thread completly

Last edited:

flx

Reaction score
Fortunately in the EU you don't need to care much about the different VAT rates if you're selling to another EU country until you hit a certain threshold (as far as I know but I'm no expert).

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Hi AchibaldRoh. Sent you a personal message. Do get back to me. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads