• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also for anyone who wants to engage directly through the forum, the start conversation feature is great it is like a private conversation.

Else I am on whatsapp if you use that. Not always the fastest but doing my best.

CWV

Reaction score
Also for anyone who wants to engage directly through the forum, the start conversation feature is great it is like a private conversation.

Else I am on whatsapp if you use that. Not always the fastest but doing my best.
Should we move our PM conversation to chat or WhatsApp? Or is it ok where it is?

mykoh

Reaction score
these look actually good. We are trying to find some new laces for the anticato green, unfortunately this is what we have received from our supplier in Perugia (Italy). Really good quality but not a huge variety. Should we go for militare? The one we delivered with the Anticato Green was Pino Intenso

View attachment 1431878

Hmm just based on the swatch I guess militare seems the closest, but I think the anticato green is a deeper shade of olive. Are you considering other suppliers, or just sticking with this one?

I really think you need to physically have the laces and the leather/suede side by side in order to make the decision, and IMO for a clean, minimalist shoe like the SF-01 was created to be, the laces have to match the upper perfectly. Getting the closest colour match is unfortunately not good enough.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The darker the better...
I think the laces in the green should disappear into the shoe, not draw the eye away from the leather.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm just based on the swatch I guess militare seems the closest, but I think the anticato green is a deeper shade of olive. Are you considering other suppliers, or just sticking with this one?

I really think you need to physically have the laces and the leather/suede side by side in order to make the decision, and IMO for a clean, minimalist shoe like the SF-01 was created to be, the laces have to match the upper perfectly. Getting the closest colour match is unfortunately not good enough.
I think that will prove quite difficult, to the point we would have to consider getting rid of certain colours.
It is easier with say suede, but with a hand painted shoe like the anticato there will always be some disappointment. I reckon we need to style these a little bit... Im no fashion expert but honey laces like in the cordovan sample would have been nice on the green.

The experience from the v1 has got me a little scared with some aspects of what we are trying to do. I almost think cutting options to the ones that fully perfect might be what we have to do.

mykoh

Reaction score
I think that will prove quite difficult, to the point we would have to consider getting rid of certain colours.
It is easier with say suede, but with a hand painted shoe like the anticato there will always be some disappointment. I reckon we need to style these a little bit... Im no fashion expert but honey laces like in the cordovan sample would have been nice on the green.

The experience from the v1 has got me a little scared with some aspects of what we are trying to do. I almost think cutting options to the ones that fully perfect might be what we have to do.

I am not privy to how shoe companies source or manufacture laces, but I would think an order for laces in a custom colour would require too large an MOQ for AoH? I wouldn't go so far as to cut options, as I am sure there are many others that wouldn't mind contrasting laces, and not many are a stickler for matching laces as I am. But if tonal laces are indeed unavailable, then it has to show that explicitly on the site. The tonal mock ups of the anticato green or sienna pairs on the site should also be changed to represent what the actual product looks like. That's my main gripe with my pair - expecting a shoe with matching laces and not receiving one.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not privy to how shoe companies source or manufacture laces, but I would think an order for laces in a custom colour would require too large an MOQ for AoH? I wouldn't go so far as to cut options, as I am sure there are many others that wouldn't mind contrasting laces, and not many are a stickler for matching laces as I am. But if tonal laces are indeed unavailable, then it has to show that explicitly on the site. The tonal mock ups of the anticato green or sienna pairs on the site should also be changed to represent what the actual product looks like. That's my main gripe with my pair - expecting a shoe with matching laces and not receiving one.
Totally agree.

ThePetros

Reaction score

I agree completely about the anticato. But gonna beat a dead horse on this one again - if you source a material that bends and changes color as you wear it like horween chromexcel, this would be largely pointless ?

anticato is very much a finish best left for in store purchases, not online orders.

EgoCamisas

Reaction score
So the reason i went with a document is because sometimes people fit differently in different shoes yet might share a size on those but not end up being the same on something else.

I have seen a listing done on one of the shoe retailers sites in this format and its super helpful particularly in providing confidence when it comes to sizing.

We will process data when its together to maintain its integrity or just leave it raw for someone to search through.

Will repeat in all my posts for the next week or so.

I'd suggest to also list the last when possible, since sometimes it makes a big difference. I will fill in my information as soon as I find some time.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score
I’m interested in the V1’s from Rose Anvil’s video.
I wear a US 8 in stan smith’s and US7 in a Greats Royale. My foot measures exactly 26.0cm. That puts me in a EU 40 correct?
Also want to know if there is a code on the V1’s. I’ll get the V2 when the drop comes.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really have to say, it’s getting terribly frustrating to see the reaction of removing options because of a few anal retentive peoples OCD. It’s obviously your company so I understand the decisions in this area are yours, but fewer options aren’t going to make me a repeat customer.

A better solution in this case I would think would be to offer string color choices. If one wants to get upset about strings not perfectly matching anticato shoes, there’s probably not much one can do to make a person like that happy.

Last edited:

mykoh

Reaction score
I actually really like those and think you’ve very nicely matched them with the color of the shoes. Where did you get them?

I'm living in Singapore and I actually got them from China through taobao. I think they do ship internationally but the site is almost entirely in Mandarin.

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really have to say, it’s getting terribly frustrating to see the reaction of removing options because of a few anal retentive peoples OCD. It’s obviously your company so I understand the decisions in this area are yours, but fewer options aren’t going to make me a repeat customer.

A better solution in this case I would think would be to offer string color choices. If one wants to get upset about strings not perfectly matching anticato shoes, there’s probably not much one can do to make a person like that.l happy.
Alright, no options will be cut. Thanks for this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads