• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Try Cordovan Cigar, or #8. They actually might be the same color im not sure...

Cordovan #8 is very reddish.
Cigar shell is a totally different color and boots in it are about as rare as hen's teeth.

johnny d

Reaction score
Were the cigar chukkas a one-time production? Hadn't considered the chukkas, but it might just be exactly what I'm looking for.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny d
Were the cigar chukkas a one-time production? Hadn't considered the chukkas, but it might just be exactly what I'm looking for.

not but good luck finding them. from what i understand of cigar shell is that shell cordovan has a lot of blemishes to begin with. #8 and black dyes cover up most of these blemishes while cigar or wiskey or any other brown does not cover these up as well, so the production runs are very low.

if your dead set on cigar shell, try contacting shoemart.com

they are the source for alden factory seconds. it is where i bought my cigar chukkas. there were some minor blemishes but not noticeable while wearing and definitely not noticeable to anyone not looking for them. it will also save you a big chunk of change.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could the blemishes be taken care of with some polish?

Schnurretiger

Reaction score
My favourites:

web.jpg

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny d
They're not really cigar shell, but Polo sells, or used to sell, MacCallum chukkas in brown shell cordovan: They're not really as dark as the photo implies; the color is more like the vamp of these Polo Darlton wingtips: I like the color better than the cigar shell, which looks really uniform in color, almost plastic, to me.

johnny d

Reaction score
Thank you. Cigar it is.

Library-360.jpg

FYI --- I ended up calling theshoemart.com looking for a pair of Alden cigar chukkas, turns out they'll be getting a limited shipment in the next 2-3 weeks. Ed, the owner, was very helpful and is taking orders now. Just in case anyone else was interested.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could the blemishes be taken care of with some polish?

Highly unlikely. Shell does not absorb paste polishes easily (you do not use cream on shell as you would with calf leather).

You also do not want to polish shell very often, maybe 2-3 a year. A damp towel and brush is all you really need to maintain it.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
They're not really cigar shell, but Polo sells, or used to sell, MacCallum chukkas in brown shell cordovan:

Wow, they look really, really great. Are these still available?

yawn

Reaction score
Bluchers ordered directly from Quoddy in burgundy that I just received today. These are beautiful shoes and fit perfectly.
3041445831_3d7e9a9133.jpg
P.S. Has anyone used their bear fat/beeswax leather treatment?

jessetk313

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I wear these a lot:

boots4.jpg

In action:

countryboots.jpg

These have suffered enough to be dressed up or down, I think:

waywdist.jpg

A new favorite:

mart.jpg

What are the shoes worn in the third picture down?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessetk313
What are the shoes worn in the third picture down?

some sort of chukka boot in shell cordovan, maybe ravello? not sure on the color

jessetk313

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
some sort of chukka boot in shell cordovan, maybe ravello? not sure on the color

Oh no, Im actually talking about the Brogued shoes in the third picture not the chukka boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads