1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Johnny_5, Nov 13, 2008.

1. theinsider

theinsider Senior member

2. Chrispy

Chrispy Senior member

anyone know how the katahdin engineers fit compared with the othe katahdin Iron works that are waterproof??

The LL Bean near me only had the waterproof ones and they fit ok 10.5 and a little snug in a 10, but they have a lining and the leater might stretch so I was wondering if the engineers possibly fit a little roomier.

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

I have the quoddys they own

4. asdf17

asdf17 Member

Are those Quoddy's the brown chromexcel color?

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

What are the shoes worn in the third picture down?

Martegani chukkas in shell.

6. adelphi

adelphi Senior member

anyone know a boot like the ll bean ones but in black?

7. alladin

alladin Senior member

Hi,
    Has anyone owned or heard of Denher boots? They make an army boot that I think may look very good as a casual boot with jeans. Comments appreciated.

8. xchen

xchen Senior member

Here is a dated youtube video showing Dehner's factory and how they make the boots.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

9. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

10. mahngo

mahngo New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wow, where can I find these? I've searched all over and only find some low knock offs. Please help!

11. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

They're military boots. I got mine used from ebay. I think i've seen a pair of ones in olive green off of a israeli military surplus site a long time ago but that's about it. I don't know what to tell you. Find an israel proxy?

12. yawn

yawn Well-Known Member

I have to say, I always wondered about how Quoddys were because they exploded in popularity all of a sudden and I never found them special enough to warrant their price. However these are just plain gorgeous. Is burgunday is a normal color or did you special order this? What's the price/quality/feel like?

Sorry, forgot about this thread. I called them directly and asked if they had burgundy leather available and they said they did. They cost the same as the ones they have on their webstore, $178.00. The quality is leagues above the LL Bean Hand-Sewn Blucher Mocs I returned. I plan on wearing these for a long time. I can't recommend them enough.

13. axlpendergast

axlpendergast Active Member

ok, i gotta ask, are those yours? they look like they will give you foot disease even if you drowned it in bleach...

[​IMG]

14. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

^
    Huh? They are new shoes that have been distressed. They aren't dirrrty.

15. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Senior member

What is the deal with them?

16. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

The deal? They are shoes, made by Augusta, sold at Atelier. They are expensive--roughly the same price as 42 pairs of Converse All Stars.

17. jhdas

jhdas Well-Known Member

The deal? They are shoes, made by Augusta, sold at Atelier. They are expensive--roughly the same price as 42 pairs of Converse All Stars.

Why? they look terrible.

18. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Why?

Because they are made by Augusta and sold at Atelier.

19. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Senior member

I think theyre an acquired taste. Personally, I think they would look sick with black jeans/trousers.

20. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

I think theyre an acquired taste. Personally, I think they would look sick with black jeans/trousers.

[​IMG]