• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread (Part II - The Search for Jawnz)

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In light of my search for the floral reversible coat, I wanted to share this post that resonated with my trying to find more "out-there" EG pieces. Maybe I'm suffering from EG fatigue but I hope they go bring back some of their older stuff.

View attachment 828176

I don't really agree with this. The second hand market is dying in general, outside of major hype brands. Stuff just isn't moving, especially the Japanese heritagey stuff these days. It used to be that the second-hand market was very hard to get into-- i.e. You had to search through forums like sufu and sf and such. Proxying was still in its baby stages (remember when you had personal proxies and not a company doing it for you?), and in general, it was easier to find great pieces because you were often one of a few scouring to buy. These days you can find E.G. Everywhere, like eBay, rak, yahoo, grailed, and the good stuff gets snagged up because it's so much more accessible. And all you have left is the stuff that's trash at relatively low prices, and then people see one of your "nice but not grail" pieces and think it's overpriced. If anyone has tried to sell on the second-hand market these days, I think they'd understand why it's ******* dying. It feels like a second job sometimes answering entitled and needy demands, even after the item is sold, let alone dealing with the tons of bs you deal with just to sell your piece at 60% of your asking price.

Sometimes I'd rather just keep my **** than deal with that. Or many people go the way of consignment.

I think E.G. Still puts out really stellar stuff. There's always a few stand out pieces every season, and I definitely don't see how someone can equate it to sports/lounge wear. The construction and quality have stayed the same, the only difference is price. But everything has continued to go up (remember yearly ToJ price increases?), and that's not something we can help. To say E.G. was going to die out 2-3 years ago is asinine because FW14 was by far one of the best seasons in the history of EG. This fall's is looking really nice, too.

CrowShit

Reaction score
I've got a few things for sale:

SS15 Round Collar Paisley Shirt - S http://imgur.com/eb9hBGv
eb9hBGv

SS12? Khaki Vest - M http://imgur.com/AnBdNis
AnBdNis

SS13 Blue Chambray Miner Shirt - S http://i.imgur.com/AN4X6eN.jpg
AN4X6eN

SS? Khaki Bucket Hat - M http://imgur.com/4Wapzf6
4Wapzf6

SS17 Olive Twill Willy Post Pants - 30 http://imgur.com/ijRNFDG
ijRNFDG

Let me know if you're interested or have questions. I have the items on gr@iled under the same username, but the prices are better here.

KamoteJoe

Farmer Diva
Reaction score
@g transistor Yea I don't think EG is going anywhere. To be quite candid, I only seriously got into EG in early 2016 and the whole personal proxy sounded so foreign cause I was still very new to all of this. You're right, I'm likely spoiled because I use a proxy company to purchase rarer stuff from Japan. Maybe it's also a sign for me to hold onto my rarer EG pieces. One thing that I really believe in is Daiki's loyalty to the brand identity. My dream is to see them release archive pieces from previous seasons.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
@KamoteJoe @g transistor I guess that makes three of us looking for that reversible floral jacquard jacket in small... I remember @agvs selling it last season for an extremely reasonable price, I can't believe I slept on it. I wonder where it ended up. That fabric was incredible; IIRC Daiki saw an image in like a nature magazine or something and had the fabric custom made up from that.

agvs

Reaction score
Sometimes I'd rather just keep my **** than deal with that. Or many people go the way of consignment.

Amen. I've kept stuff out of pure spite for the low-ballers before. It's petty and stupid for sure but I can't stand the thought of some entitled low ballin' sonofabitch getting their hands on nice EG stuff.

@KamoteJoe @g transistor I guess that makes three of us looking for that reversible floral jacquard jacket in small... I remember @agvs selling it last season for an extremely reasonable price, I can't believe I slept on it. I wonder where it ended up. That fabric was incredible; IIRC Daiki saw an image in like a nature magazine or something and had the fabric custom made up from that.

It killed me to sell that coat but I started wearing stuff a bit slimmer and it just didn't fit in anymore. It went to a fellow Styleforum member who is hopefully wearing it well.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It killed me to sell that coat but I started wearing stuff a bit slimmer and it just didn't fit in anymore. It went to a fellow Styleforum member who is hopefully wearing it well.

WHOEVER YOU ARE, IF YOU'RE OUT THERE, SELL ME THE COAT

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMG_4783.PNG

Oh, sup. I just got this new "homespun" Italian cotton Bedford, size Large, from an awesome dude on grailed (possibly someone here?).

Longshot, but if someone comes across this, I'd be willing to trade for the same thing in XL as it fits a bit tighter than my other Large Bedford. Otherwise, it's an amazing jacket, and I'll just have to wait a month for it to look right. :p

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_3150.PNG
Desperately looking for this shirt in Small

I tried all the stocklists that Nepenthes sent me for outside of Japan. Up There store never replied to my inquiry.

Has anyone seen it in Japan? I would try Zenmarket if I got a lead.
Thanks in advance.

avantbored

Reaction score
Selling older season FW cinch pants in navy wool serge. Copied & pasted the Grailed info. If you're interested, we could talk about a different price via PayPal/Venmo ;). I'm open to trades, though I'd imagine that's a longshot. But I'm an XS in shirts. If you have any Beams+ or Post O'alls in XS shirting or trousers you're looking to move, we can talk.

I am the second owner; I bought them in 2014 and only wore them during the Fall and Winter seasons occasionally. They are a slim-straight fit (not as tapered below the knee as recent seasons). Overall: 8/10.

I would get them dry-cleaned and pressed to remove the cuff lines. Otherwise I have taken very good care of them. There are no holes, rips, or loose seams.

Thanks, all!

IMG_20170817_133520.jpg

IMG_20170817_144647.jpg

Last edited:

bojocon

Reaction score
I'm selling a pair of EG SS17 olive reverse sateen fatigues size 34 NWT, or I'm looking to trade them for EG workaday olive fatigue in Medium. Happy to provide pics.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys...

1) Big shoutout to falgfalg...who went above and beyond to get me some EG in time for work. Really awesome guy. I hope everyone sends him dope jawnz. :)

2) I'm looking to buy one more EG or similar blazer -- size L or XL depending on chest (21.5" minimum).

I'm good on navy and seersucker -- looking for light blue/chambray-esque, olive, brown, gray, or any color with a cool pattern that is remotely acceptable for work. No nylon, please. I prefer used so I can stretch my dollars.

3) I've got a few random things for trade/trade plus cash, but nothing EG at the moment.

Thanks!

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's one on yjpn right now but it's a cotton outer. Two of the wool outer ones on Rak but size M and L. Maybe I should just get the cotton one but I know I will always want the wool outer more

Can you share links or search terms for the M and L? Couldn't find them. (I'm assuming it's Rakuten Japan, not global, right?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads