• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some vintage work wear, cross-posted from Thrifting thread.

It's vintage. It's denim. It's lined with a corduroy collar. So far sounds like a solid PRL "inspired by" piece.There are no tags except for a UGWA post-1931 tag with Duck Goods on it, located inside front side pocket, but there is some thread on the left breast pocket that shows there was a label there at some point. Buttons are rusted but jacket is in mint shape. Left breast pocket is for the pocket watch (the opening is in the middle) and a second button hole across from it for the watch chain. Some folks on another site are up in the air about it. Maybe it's a Lee, maybe a Pay Day. I'm still working on an ID.

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
Great stuff! Those Chipp jackets look early 70's to me, simply based on styling.

The denim chore jacket is cool as hell, it looks like something that would make RRL foam at the mouth. I had a pair of vintage Filson duck cloth pants that had those laurel buttons on them...fwiw.

Here's a (custom?) 60's-era Anderson Little Green Tweed. A million and one details to fawn over. Triple patch pockets, ticket pocket, sack, 3/2 roll, and blue paisley lining. Measures approx 38 S, with very strong shoulders (19"!)

Tweedy

Reaction score
You might need sunglasses for this one ... Gianni Verace Couture silk jacket just added to my online shop :D

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: Chipp. I own several two button jackets and a suit from the mid 80s through the early 90s.
All but one have side vents and darts with nipped waists. They are a mix of RTW and MTM.
I can't part with them. I am about 5lbs (2.3 kilos) from them fitting again.

Tweedy

Reaction score
I know.. it hurt my eyes listing it :)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You might need sunglasses for this one ... Gianni Verace Couture silk jacket just added to my online shop :D

Oh my god.

landscapes

Reaction score

Great stuff! Those Chipp jackets look early 70's to me, simply based on styling.

The denim chore jacket is cool as hell, it looks like something that would make RRL foam at the mouth. I had a pair of vintage Filson duck cloth pants that had those laurel buttons on them...fwiw.

Here's a (custom?) 60's-era Anderson Little Green Tweed. A million and one details to fawn over. Triple patch pockets, ticket pocket, sack, 3/2 roll, and blue paisley lining. Measures approx 38 S, with very strong shoulders (19"!)

This is super cool..wish it was my size!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads