• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're C&J Onslows. Only made in scotchgrain or shell now and tbh don't even know if it's the same last!
I used First Class shoe repairs as C&J said they were beyond repair. They fixed the damage and resoled them for about £20 more than the resole alone would have cost.
Perhaps most remarkable is that I didn't kill my dog!

Yeah I was very happy with their work! He kept his ears but it took a while to clean the shoes after I'd hoofed one up his arse!!

Agree! It looks like it was worth the effort to get them fixed!

Lear

Reaction score
Yo Crat

Thought you was 'avin a bubble there mate, as I could't find the link. Once I logged in it appeared innit.

Nice one. Thanks.

Lear

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yo Crat

Thought you was 'avin a bubble there mate, as I could't find the link. Once I logged in it appeared innit.

Nice one. Thanks.

Lear

Yo Lear!
No, not 'avin a bubble. Not this time.
Thanks, means a lot coming from you : )

kentyman

Reaction score
any recommends for a good shoes care kit at reasonable price gentlemen?

many thanks

Bespoke Post has one of their $45 "Box of Awesome"s right now with shoe care items. It comes with:

1. Saphir Renovateur conditioner, 50 ml
  2. Saphir Creme Surfine polish, Black, 50 ml
  3. Saphir Creme Surfine polish, Brown, 50 ml
  4. Saphir Pate de Luxe Wax, Neutral, 50 ml
  5. Saphir Buffing Brush, 13.5 cm
  6. 2 Saphir Applicator Brushes
  7. Saphir Shoe Bag
  8. hook+Albert Shoe Laces, Navy, 32 in
  9. hook+Albert Shoe Laces, Red, 32 in
  10. According to dappered.com, it comes in a cool box.

I have been meaning to try Saphir Reno, so I bought a box. I'll let y'all know what I think.

Full disclosure: The above is a referral link.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bespoke Post has one of their $45 "Box of Awesome"s right now with shoe care items. It comes with:

1. Saphir Renovateur conditioner, 50 ml
  2. Saphir Creme Surfine polish, Black, 50 ml
  3. Saphir Creme Surfine polish, Brown, 50 ml
  4. Saphir Pate de Luxe Wax, Neutral, 50 ml
  5. Saphir Buffing Brush, 13.5 cm
  6. 2 Saphir Applicator Brushes
  7. Saphir Shoe Bag
  8. hook+Albert Shoe Laces, Navy, 32 in
  9. hook+Albert Shoe Laces, Red, 32 in
  10. According to dappered.com, it comes in a cool box.

I have been meaning to try Saphir Reno, so I bought a box. I'll let y'all know what I think.

Full disclosure: The above is a referral link.

Fantastic price

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OK, I'm officially frustrated. Are there some shoes that just won't polish? Can you tell which of these shoes I've just spent an hour trying to put a shine into? Because I sure as hell couldn't unless I had spent the last hour with one of them in my hand:

No matter what I do, the toe cap looks like this:

I use cream polish. It looks like this. I use wax polish. It looks like this. I use more polish. I use less polish. Always the same. I can see the polish on there and moving around while I'm buffing for 30 seconds or so, and then it just vanishes and the leather looks the same as it always has. It won't stay and work into nice circles and then start to shine. Wtf is going on?

irelentless

Reaction score
I have Saphir Reno and cream polish. Am about to get a new pair of Allen Edmonds loafers and was wondering should I do something to the loafers before wearing them? Should I apply some polish or reno? Also, as far as the procedure is concerned, could you lay something out when using the the saphir products? Also, when using a horsehair brush, is there some special technique like in circles, up and down, side to side, or does it matter?

Thanks!

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK, I'm officially frustrated. Are there some shoes that just won't polish?

Some are more difficult to polish than others. Still, in 30 min you should be able to make more progress than that. Practice is the main ingredient though.

I used the saphir teinture francaise to do the edges of the soles after cleaning the shoes. When the teinture was dry I applied a layer of polish from the tin to them.

Last edited:

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Using an iPad as a polishing mat is next level ****! :slayer:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads