• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official SF eBay Black List

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Well, it makes sense that the buyer has more leverage after the purchase than before. After all, the buyer has to receive (or not receive) the goods before being able to assess whether they're as described.

It doesn't make sense in regards to price negotiations though, which was the complaint here. Otherwise, yes, I agree.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Add blackcat949. Purchased a SC from me where I listed as 3/2 roll and it was part of eBay description that the coat was a 3 Button. Wanted a refund and I said no, so he gave me negative feedback. F**ing eBay said that he was within his right to leave it.

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Did you put 2 button in the jacket type field?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

No, 3. He was complaining he didn't know it was a three button.

Here is the best thing you can do at this point

Just a heads up.. there is a thing called "follow up feedback". You can leave it as both a buyer and sell for items you both sell and buy. Most people dont know about it, BUT even if he leaves you pos, neut, neg feedback he can still go back and add another comment in. Just saying.....

http://reviews.ebay.com/Feedback-Follow-up-USE-IT-when-things-go-BAD?ugid=10000000002990029

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it makes sense that the buyer has more leverage after the purchase than before. After all, the buyer has to receive (or not receive) the goods before being able to assess whether they're as described.

It doesn't make sense in regards to price negotiations though, which was the complaint here. Otherwise, yes, I agree.

Basically, the guy was trying to extort a lower price out of me. I'm 90% certain he's a flipper and doesn't really care about the item, he's just looking for a higher profit margin. I'm just hoping he returns the shirt so I can try again.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about to add this **** stain to the list:
[email protected]

Bought an Oxxford suit. Tried to challenge the charge via his credit card. He couldn't have known this, but the challenge came in while my wife was fighting for her life. I missed it, but luckily I followed all PayPal policies and Paypal is challenging it on my behalf and has said that even if the credit card rules against me, they will pay the cost.

Go PayPal! (for once)

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score

I'm about to add this **** stain to the list:
[email protected]

Bought an Oxxford suit. Tried to challenge the charge via his credit card. He couldn't have known this, but the challenge came in while my wife was fighting for her life. I missed it, but luckily I followed all PayPal policies and Paypal is challenging it on my behalf and has said that even if the credit card rules against me, they will pay the cost.

Go PayPal! (for once)

I really hope your wife is okay.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Member id truereligionman

VinnyMac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She is now. Thank you. (I was pretty stressed and fired up when I wrote that.)
...no clue what that school domain name is (or if it's even a real email address), but if it's real, the school may like to know what the user's doing while using their domain name. If it was me, I'd spill the beans, but I'm vengeful in that way.

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score

She is now. Thank you. (I was pretty stressed and fired up when I wrote that.)

Been away from the forum for a bit. I'm glad to hear that. And I don't blame you, sometimes things cascade and crash down and drive us crazy. To be honest, that post you wrote in APril sounded pretty levelheaded and very reasonable on your part, so props to you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads