• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Did anyone get anything from the Barneys Warehouse sale recently? Seems like there's just some Grey Soot Slim's and a long-sleeve T left. Was there more at one point?

RRL is always on sale at Barneys, they had a bunch of RRL on sale, usually hits about 60%. Outlets have the stuff now but at Barneys sale price

Stopped by Malibu today on way to beach and ended up picked up a few things, sale is at 40% off of sale price so a lot less than website

Got this shirt that I've been wanted for a while:

and this vest that I've been debating forever, still not sure how wearable it is but it's so fing nice. Thoughts on it?

Also got a nautical bandana / scarf, no photos and it's a wrinkled display roll but was worth it as the price as well. Definitely stopped by Melrose early AM tmrw

Last edited:

RobearH

Reaction score
I bought that vest based on looks but returned it after only a few days. I thought the fit made me look like the Michelin Man (reeeally puffy).

indigoeagle

Reaction score
The vest reminds me of the Rocky Mountain Featherbed one. Beautiful with the leather yoke.
Cool to wear on top of a thick wool overshirt or over a jeans jacket.

indigoeagle

Reaction score
The selvedge officer chinos fit me very well in 32. Thighs are ok.
I know with the felled seems these are quite easy to take in in the waist.

But what about the deadstock workpants and the denim chinos?

I got both in 34 to accomodate for the tight thighs (both were described as a slimmer fit). The thighs are good, but the waist is too wide. Even with the buckle. I can wear them with a belt but am thinking of having them altered by a tailor.
Anyone done this?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone ever purchased a RRL suit?

I have not, but I am pretty sure they are made by the same Italian companies that make the Black Label suits. I think it might be Corneliani. I'm also pretty sure they are fully canvassed, at least that's what I've heard. So it's a top of the line suit, just with Western styling.

Actually, this thread says Caruso makes RRL suits. But that may be outdated. RL has changed suit makers before. In any case, Caruso or Corneliani can both make top end suits.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/94886/r...ho-makes-what-a-definitive-guide#post_1592984

Last edited:

Denim

Reaction score

I have not, but I am pretty sure they are made by the same Italian companies that make the Black Label suits. I think it might be Corneliani. I'm also pretty sure they are fully canvassed, at least that's what I've heard. So it's a top of the line suit, just with Western styling.

Actually, this thread says Caruso makes RRL suits. But that may be outdated. RL has changed suit makers before. In any case, Caruso or Corneliani can both make top end suits.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/94886/r...ho-makes-what-a-definitive-guide#post_1592984

Great to know! Thanks,

I also wanted to see if someone actually has one, or tried one on. Was interested in seeing how they look In real life. Lol

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are made by Caruso and i wear a size up. So slim I can't even put my arms in if I don't size up

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads