• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody know where I can get this? Don't check RRL that much, but this looks really good. Don't like the tooled one that much, and the black one just isn't the same.

Yeah it's a great wallet. I originally had it in black but bought the brown because it looked so much better. It's really darkened up and has a great patina. I have no idea where you'd find one now - they very rarely come up for sale on eBay. I seem to remember one recently going for $250+

This is mine after 18 months of use.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the Clifton boot made by RedWing? If so, $200 is not bad.

Can anyone speak to its quality and fit?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmm...for about $200 figured it's worth a shot. Anybody know how these fit? They only have 11.5 D which is 1/2 size down for me. Have a pair on the way so we'll see I guess...RL is always good about returns if things don't work out and shipping was free so why not.

Thanks for the heads up.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hmm...for about $200 figured it's worth a shot. Anybody know how these fit? They only have 11.5 D which is 1/2 size down for me. Have a pair on the way so we'll see I guess...RL is always good about returns if things don't work out and shipping was free so why not.

Thanks for the heads up.

You think like I do. I made sure to place my order before posting just in case there was only one pair. I wear a true US 11.5.

I have been checking every few days and new stuff keeps poping up--both on the PL site and the RRL site. I need to stop checkin

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You think like I do. I made sure to place my order before posting just in case there was only one pair. I wear a true US 11.5.

I have been checking every few days and new stuff keeps poping up--both on the PL site and the RRL site. I need to stop checkin

Ain't that the truth!

This sure seems like a heavy sale year, doesn't it? Almost like the first holiday season after the financial crisis. I wonder if things really are slowing down.

Problem is I'm "stocking up" on so many great deals, it's costing too much.

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ain't that the truth!

This sure seems like a heavy sale year, doesn't it? Almost like the first holiday season after the financial crisis. I wonder if things really are slowing down.

Problem is I'm "stocking up" on so many great deals, it's costing too much.

The other problem is that I am keeping almost everything. I did return a RRL shirt and some BB shoes etc but both BB and RL seem like they are completing in the sale department!

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the Clifton boot made by RedWing? If so, $200 is not bad.

Good question, I'd like to know who makes the Clifton and Brunel.

In related news, RL posted 3Q profits up 27%.

tahonng

Reaction score

Yeah it's a great wallet. I originally had it in black but bought the brown because it looked so much better. It's really darkened up and has a great patina. I have no idea where you'd find one now - they very rarely come up for sale on eBay. I seem to remember one recently going for $250+

This is mine after 18 months of use.

Looks really good. Is a lot of the darkening on the exterior from indigo?

I guess I'll just put it on my ebay saved searches. Looked for it on Rakuten as well, and that's where I got the pic. Sold out there as well. Anybody know RRL will be selling these or something similar (not the black that they have now)?

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
doesn't work if you search for them. Go to the sale section and browse the RRL stuff and they are there.

Nevermind...that isn't working anymore either, guess they are gone.

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yup, only ones I saw left were in 11.5.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn, they just cancelled my order. Was really looking forward to those boots too. Oh well.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

damn, they just cancelled my order. Was really looking forward to those boots too. Oh well.

I'm guessing Patek bought the last remaining pair

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[/SPOILER]

Looks really good. Is a lot of the darkening on the exterior from indigo?

I guess I'll just put it on my ebay saved searches. Looked for it on Rakuten as well, and that's where I got the pic. Sold out there as well. Anybody know RRL will be selling these or something similar (not the black that they have now)?

Darkening is partly from being in my back pocket (1 wash slim fits). Also, leather just gets much darker when it's constantly being handled. If you ever find one, you should go for it - unlike some RRL trinkets I've had, I get the sense this will last a lifetime.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads