1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Denim

Denim Senior member

Part of the "Eco Lodge" group for blue label... I haven't seen it in person yet but seems pretty dope as a fun chambray.

There's a spring group called Desert Utility that's very similar to the RRL group last year with white & tan color schemes. Has a stitched eagle on the back of military shirt & jacket.

2. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Where do you find this information about collection names and stuff like that?

The shirt isnt too bad. I wasnt a fan of the buttons on the front though. I should have photographed both sides.

3. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

+1. they definitely dont taper off at the end.

4. dastig

dastig Senior member

Just got these Limited Edition shrink to fit Straight legs. Only 200 made. 16oz denim. Buy 2 sizes up to allow for shrinkage. $390.

These wont last long. Call me if you want a pair. We only have waist sz 30-38. Robert 917-432-6714 is my direct line or just call the Mansion and ask for me.
    [​IMG]

5. dastig

dastig Senior member

6. dastig

dastig Senior member

7. frankwhite217

frankwhite217 Well-Known Member

Does anybody have any pics of the franklin jacket being worn? Comment on sizing?

8. Baldomero

Baldomero Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

If you love film and your friends love film, it's a little paradise. My favorite Polo sweater here... Old Clifton boots.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    2 people like this.
  9. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not happy to be in the office on a Saturday, but some new pickups making it more bearable. Rigid Officers, Irving Shirt, Dixon Jacket, Perseverance belt.

3 people like this.
  10. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Dixon looks great. As do the boots. Was thinking about those after you mentioned them earlier.

11. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Senior member

Thanks! Yeah loving the rayburn boots so far, as with much of the RL stuff I buy, can't see paying the $900ish retail, but I snagged them for a little over $200, which I think was fair. On a snowy day like today they are working out well.

12. Viral

Viral Senior member

Hi Robert ........what is the inseam length and the leg opening width on a sz 32/32?

13. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Does anyone know the origin of the name and logo of RRL? I know Ralph Lauren has a RRL ranch but I wonder if he named it that after the fact. Is there any significance or reference in the name RRL or the use of the backwards R? Is it a nod to something? I know some of the tags are influenced by the old "union made" garment tags so I'm curious if the name and style of the "RRL" has any significance.

[​IMG]

14. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

15. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Is it really named after his wife? That's the first time I've heard that. Ricky Ralph Lauren doesn't have a nicest ring to it. Was RRL her brainchild or some kind of dedication to family life on the ranch?

16. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Well if it is named after Ricky, it's called Double RL, not Ricky Ralph Lauren so the ring doesn't matter ;)

But I'm pretty sure it is just named after his ranch. RRL started as a nod to the southwestern culture where he bought the ranch as far as I know. So it makes sense.

1 person likes this.
  17. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Yes, he named RRL line after his ranch, which he named after his wife. Get over it.

PS. Those LE rigids look sick. Not really digging the upside down Levis arch though (didn't RL already get sued over that?)

Also the price $390 is pretty steep for STF rigids but if it has a LE numbering/small size run, that adds at least $100 to it's value. Hard to believe they would sell out at $390, but I guess it's a sellers market right now.

18. paul_s

paul_s Well-Known Member

They got sued when it was flipped the other way around. Must be a nightmare for them to sell those online with sizing issues. They tell you to add two inches to your normal size, but you normally size down two on straights. So you buy them in your true waist size? They also don't even mention what the inseam is.

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ who is that in your sig? lmao

20. FlyGuy

FlyGuy Well-Known Member

Limited Straight Leg...Bout time these came out…..

Dastig - Length? … x 34 or x 36?

fwiw - i have had many unsanforized aka STF (non RRL) and none have yet to shrink two sizes down and stay there. STF = +1" W, +2" L for me personally (unless redic long to begin with >36")