• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my tailored clothing from Mr. Kim. As usual, he did a masterful job. If there is any quibbling, it's that the back pants pockets are a bit farther apart than ideal. That can't be helped given how much material was let out absent a prohibitively expensive recut of the entire pants, however. And it's something that would only be noticed by StyleForum nerds. If any StyleForum nerd comes up to me and comments on it, he will receive a smack across the face. :box:
Was he able to let out the upper arms without having to reconstruct the arm hole?

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day with my new job.

Sartoria Formosa suit_Drakes Square_TYT tie_mirror.jpg

Sartoria Formosa_G&G Wilde.jpg

Cross-posting with NMWA and G&G threads...

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my tailored clothing from Mr. Kim. As usual, he did a masterful job. If there is any quibbling, it's that the back pants pockets are a bit farther apart than ideal. That can't be helped given how much material was let out absent a prohibitively expensive recut of the entire pants, however. And it's something that would only be noticed by StyleForum nerds. If any StyleForum nerd comes up to me and comments on it, he will receive a smack across the face. :box:
Doing some arm curls I see!!!!

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new job but why you all decked out when we know you working remotely?
Honestly, it's a personal pleasure thing. I genuinely love wearing my tailored clothing when appropriate, even when remote, and even if I'm not turning on the camera for a meeting! That goes for my other clothing too. Plus, I don't mind showing off a bit either.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was he able to let out the upper arms without having to reconstruct the arm hole?
He enlarged the arm hole. I don't think there was enough material to let out the upper arms. So it's still a bit snug, but much more comfortable. Unfortunately, Eidos cuts the arms very narrow. This isn't an issue for most of my other jackets.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He enlarged the arm hole. I don't think there was enough material to let out the upper arms. So it's still a bit snug, but much more comfortable. Unfortunately, Eidos cuts the arms very narrow. This isn't an issue for most of my other jackets.
Are the pockets too far apart on the jacket as well? Commence smacking :slapfight:

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Honestly, it's a personal pleasure thing. I genuinely love wearing my tailored clothing when appropriate, even when remote, and even if I'm not turning on the camera for a meeting! That goes for my other clothing too. Plus, I don't mind showing off a bit either.
I was just busting your chops but are you really working 100% remote?

brokencycle

Reaction score
Hypothetically, say I was thinking about buying a small place to come visit for like a week at a time where would you recommend I look? I have a newborn on the way. My best friend lives in capitol hill, so I was thinking there or Navy Yard or Chinatown.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hypothetically, say I was thinking about buying a small place to come visit for like a week at a time where would you recommend I look? I have a newborn on the way. My best friend lives in capitol hill, so I was thinking there or Navy Yard or Chinatown.
Chinatown isn’t very residential. Capitol Hill might be better suited if you were looking for a Federal style townhome I guess. I actually like living across the river in Arlington. Navy Yard is fun and very busy. New buildings going up and right by the baseball and soccer stadiums. Wharf is really cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads