• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Hair Thread

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are so many clueless barbers around who cannot do a simple 60s side part style haircut. They either make you look like an old man / 70s news anchor - or they cut your entire head one even length so it is too screwed up to even part. it is really frustrating. I have only found one place who does it right, but they have weird hours (i.e. i called yesterday they said they were open till 8 tonight, I called today, said he was closing at 530). Since I really needed a haircut tonight, I tried this other place nearby... So as usual, like most other places, they simply are clueless.

**** why are they so bad. the guy had a soul patch, was wearing those long pointy yet square shoes (elf like?) and they were blasting def leopord/journey.

Last edited:

Acoustic

Reaction score
Today's Friday and the last time I shampooed my hair was Monday and my hair feels and look amazing. It's actually soft and not dry/puffy looking. I guess some people just have dry hair and don't have to wash as often?

Question though:

Will conditioner alone be enough to clean my hair when I go back to school next week (athletics). I plan on just washing it every sunday with shampoo but idk how the smell will hold up since I will be working out for the majority of the week. Any tips would be appreciated.

Btw, how long should you keep shampoo/conditioner in your hair whilst in the shower? I use one of the saloon style bottles for conditioner, use one long squirt (lol) and work it into my hair and then leave it in for about 7-10 min then wash it out. Shampoo is the same way except I don't think I use as much. Thanks!

gotmoo

Reaction score
I didn't find an answer regarding this question...what product(s) would you guys recommend for a reasonable hold, almost no shine, and a natural look?

much appreciated in advance for the advice!

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lush's dirty hair cream is shiny when it first sets, but after an hour or so i am able to mess my hair up and re-style it. all of the hold, no shine. i have pretty thick hair and have an awful time finding a non-greasy/shiny product that will help it stand up over the course of a full day and im very pleased with lush's product.

Keoke

Reaction score

I didn't find an answer regarding this question...what product(s) would you guys recommend for a reasonable hold, almost no shine, and a natural look?

I've been using American Crew Fiber for several years now and cannot recommend it highly enough for guys with shorter hair. It's almost fragrance-free and offers good hold, and a matte look with no flaking. My tip is use just a pea-sized amount, warm it in your palms and then wait a few seconds for it to dry a bit before applying. No one will think you have product in your hair.
Two similar products are the KMS clay and the l'Oreal blue playball.
At this time of the year you should find them for cheap online.

I myself am curious about the Redken 20 clay and the Bedhead matte texturizer wax, if anyone knows how they compare to Fiber or KMS clay. Thanks.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
counterpoint: i've used the american crew fiber and it is atrocious for people with thick hair. no hold, and god forbid you touch your hair because what little hold there will vanish.

gotmoo

Reaction score
I've been using American Crew Fiber for several years now and cannot recommend it highly enough for guys with shorter hair. It's almost fragrance-free and offers good hold, and a matte look with no flaking. My tip is use just a pea-sized amount, warm it in your palms and then wait a few seconds for it to dry a bit before applying. No one will think you have product in your hair.
Two similar products are the KMS clay and the l'Oreal blue playball.
At this time of the year you should find them for cheap online.
I myself am curious about the Redken 20 clay and the Bedhead matte texturizer wax, if anyone knows how they compare to Fiber or KMS clay. Thanks.
Is American Crew Fiber something that can be found in the local drug store/department store? I live in Canada by the way.

It's important that the product is fragrance-free and have a moderate or better hold...Any other recommendations for a product like this that gives a matte finish is appreciated!

gotmoo

Reaction score
Is American Crew Fiber something that be purchased at the local drug store/department store? I live in Canada btw.

It's important for the product to be basically fragrance-free, and have a moderate or better hold...any other recommendations for a product like this that gives a matte finish? Thanks!

herp

Reaction score
Does anyone of you know an online shop that carries Dr. Bronner's Shikakai Conditioning Rinse and ships to germany?

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PB, I have been shampooing like once every 3 weeks...Yea kind of disgusting but I do scrub and condition the **** out of my hair in the morning to get all excess product out...prob should have done this at night I know.

I was in cvs getting some other things when I saw this and was like wtf why not its only 15 bucks and doesnt have sulfates in it

http://www.dermorganic.com/conditioning-shampoo-sulfate-free

Any thoughts on this stuff? I mean Ill give it a go and prob still only shampoo once every 5 days maybe once every 3.

herp

Reaction score
Does anyone of you know an online shop that carries Dr. Bronner's Shikakai Conditioning Rinse and ships to germany?
Sadly they don´t so I am still looking for a place to buy it but thanks.

PEBBLE

Reaction score
I use mainly hair dryer and got2b hairspray (yellow can)

Too much product make my hair looks greasy. Sometimes dabble a bit of Matt paste on my side parting to keep it split.

Also some volume powder sprinkled in there too to make it thick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads