• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Hair Thread

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
/\ Find pictures of people whom you resemble, at least face-shape wise (looks like you have a heart shaped face) and bring them into the salon with you to show them to the stylist. Don't just let the stylist decide what you hair should look like, this will almost always result in disappointment.

Look at pics of Thurston Moore and Beck for some ideas.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/45182247/Thurston+Moore+Thirsty_for_Thurston.jpg

http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Thurston_Moore/198418/Thurston_Moore.jpg

http://thissongthatsong.com/images/beck2.jpg

Last edited:

Theboyingreen

Reaction score
OK soooo firstly I appologise for the long post and the shocking pictures but this is an issue I'd like to address! I cannot decide what to do with my hair. I want a style that will really suit me and just something I can keep up that looks cool. In my avatar my hair has been cut short on the back and sides, textured on top and styled with a little putty. Which I think kinda suited me, but I want something a bit better than that.

^that, is a picture taken last march just before my 18th last spring which is when I just let my hair do whatever the hell it wanted. So it's about medium length. I freakin hate this picture.

^This is me with real real real short hair lol.... Yea its **** but I still think it beats the one above...
And finally, the one below is just a random shot of what I look like now, and somewhat shows what I look like when I'm not posing. So yea, I have a very very big head, as you can see, and I just can't decide what to go for. Help please!

voyaging

Reaction score
I have very straight, currently about 4" past shoulder length hair (Axl Rose length), and am very skinny (about 120 lbs at 5'11"). Looking for something different, any tips?

I can post pictures if necessary but nobody wants to see my ugly mug.

Last edited:

the_drizzle

Reaction score

OK soooo firstly I appologise for the long post and the shocking pictures but this is an issue I'd like to address! I cannot decide what to do with my hair. I want a style that will really suit me and just something I can keep up that looks cool. In my avatar my hair has been cut short on the back and sides, textured on top and styled with a little putty. Which I think kinda suited me, but I want something a bit better than that.

^that, is a picture taken last march just before my 18th last spring which is when I just let my hair do whatever the hell it wanted. So it's about medium length. I freakin hate this picture.

^This is me with real real real short hair lol.... Yea its **** but I still think it beats the one above...
And finally, the one below is just a random shot of what I look like now, and somewhat shows what I look like when I'm not posing. So yea, I have a very very big head, as you can see, and I just can't decide what to go for. Help please!

If you want to make the size of your head less pronounced, you need to grow your hair out.

I have very straight, currently about 4" past shoulder length hair (Axl Rose length), and am very skinny (about 120 lbs at 5'11"). Looking for something different, any tips?
I can post pictures if necessary but nobody wants to see my ugly mug.

Then post a picture with your face blanked out.

czarnickoli

Reaction score

So this is what my hair is now...I want it to be remotely similar to Bradley Cooper's hairstyle on the left, first off, will that even be possible with my type of hair even after I've grown it out to the needed length (It is straight as an arrow right now)? And what needs to be done? Layered when cut, to style use blowdryer, gel, and hairspray?

lillee

Reaction score
Hi!

Time to get a new haircut. My hair quickly gets very thick. I've been wanting to get something a little more "tidy".

I really like Ryan Goslings haircut in Crazy Stupid Love. How do you think it would look on me?
I want it, but I'm not sure how it would look :\

KixHW.jpg

This is more or less how I look now.

I have about the same hairline as this guy I think:

Other suggestions are appreciated as well!
Thanks!

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So...chopped my **** off, was also able to donate, yay! It's extremely hard to find pictures of asian dudes with decent hair. It's always some bullshit korean/japanese/chinese anorexic kid. This is what I was going for, courtesy of both Tony's.

From this,
c3g55.jpg
wgp7b4.jpg
To this,
smsgpl.jpg
2hwylc.jpg

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lillee I like you post man.

Will, do you think I can do the following with my hair?

Last edited:

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@thats - looks good. Must feel weird when you're shampooing until you get used to the short hair.

@Cal - try it. It can only grow back if you're not happy.

gatorbite35

Reaction score
So I'm struggling to find a hairstyle. I'm 24 and I usually just get a buzz cut, but I'm starting to hate that simple style on me.

I tried getting a style like this and for the most part the stylist did a good job. However, I have trouble recreating the style at home(even with the tips the stylist gave me). Im using Got2b Ultra Glued Invincible Styling Gel and a hair dryer. Still having trouble.
I failed here. Just very frustrating.

Here are 2 pics of of my hair at the current moment. One is with my hair wet and the other with my hair dry.

wet

Here are my questions:

1.Can anybody recommend any hairstyles for my current hair?
I'm trying to shoot for something like this(need longer hair), but am open to anything at the moment.
I just want a hairstyle that doesn't require a lot styling and effort.

1. Any recommendations on how to get the hairstyle that my hair is currently cut for(the brad pitt one)?

Once again, I open to any advice so don't please don't hesitate on commenting.
Thanks!

cloonz

Reaction score
Looks like you need to thin it out on top, layer, and add texture if you want it to look like Pitt's. It's a very low maintenance style and my hair would pretty much look like that without any product.

If your stylist is competent it should be real easy to do.

gatorbite35

Reaction score
Looks like you need to thin it out on top, layer, and add texture if you want it to look like Pitt's. It's a very low maintenance style and my hair would pretty much look like that without any product.
If your stylist is competent it should be real easy to do.

I think you're spot on. I don't feel like my top is thin enough. I think my hairstylist left it too long(only 2 weeks into the haircut). Thanks for your input cloonz!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads