• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OFFICIAL Fragrance Split Discussion Thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I get questions all the time about what goes into a split, how you get the fragrances in the bottles, how much time I spend on this, etc., so I decided to take a few pics and show you guys what's involved: First - I start of by seeing if the sprayer will come apart from the bottle. If so, great, as this makes life much easier. Here's the Knize bottle:
dkz4dl.jpg
After prying the metal collar off, this is what the sprayer looks like. As you can see, its pressed into the glass, thus making it almost impossible to remove without cracking the bottle.
vsZJUl.jpg
hfxGVl.jpg
So, since I can't get the bottle apart, I've got to spray the juice into each atomizer. For this split I had to make 24 separate atomizers. Not only do I have to spray each one, but then I have to wipe each one down with alcohol (spraying makes a tremendous mess), label each bottle, and tape the label and screw top (so it doesn't leak). Finished products:
2TNGHl.jpg
Work waste:
oK91zl.jpg
Then I have to get them ready for mailing. Each one of these splits will go out in a padded mailer like so:
wfTkIl.jpg
I have to copy and paste each email and address information into Paypal's USPS mailer. Then, I have to cut each label out so it fits on the mailer, and tape each side down so it doesn't come off. In the case of international shipments, I have to hand write each address down on the mailer, then go inside the post office and write out each customs form individually. That's pretty much the whole gist. If anybody has any other questions, let me know.

CologneReview

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I get questions all the time about what goes into a split, how you get the fragrances in the bottles, how much time I spend on this, etc., so I decided to take a few pics and show you guys what's involved:

First - I start of by seeing if the sprayer will come apart from the bottle. If so, great, as this makes life much easier. Here's the Knize bottle:

dkz4dl.jpg

After prying the metal collar off, this is what the sprayer looks like. As you can see, its pressed into the glass, thus making it almost impossible to remove without cracking the bottle.

vsZJUl.jpg

hfxGVl.jpg

So, since I can't get the bottle apart, I've got to spray the juice into each atomizer. For this split I had to make 24 separate atomizers. Not only do I have to spray each one, but then I have to wipe each one down with alcohol (spraying makes a tremendous mess), label each bottle, and tape the label and screw top (so it doesn't leak). Finished products:

2TNGHl.jpg

Work waste:
oK91zl.jpg

Then I have to get them ready for mailing. Each one of these splits will go out in a padded mailer like so:

wfTkIl.jpg

I have to copy and paste each email and address information into Paypal's USPS mailer. Then, I have to cut each label out so it fits on the mailer, and tape each side down so it doesn't come off. In the case of international shipments, I have to hand write each address down on the mailer, then go inside the post office and write out each customs form individually.

That's pretty much the whole gist. If anybody has any other questions, let me know.

Not sure if you use invoices for payment or not in Paypal. If you do you can import all the addresses into the multi-ship app in Paypal. I just learned this on the split of Chanel. Saved a few minutes off the label creation time.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CologneReview
Not sure if you use invoices for payment or not in Paypal. If you do you can import all the addresses into the multi-ship app in Paypal. I just learned this on the split of Chanel. Saved a few minutes off the label creation time.
I've tried, twice, but nothing ever shows up. Maybe because I've been using gift payments. I don't know.
confused.gif

CologneReview

Reaction score
I've tried, twice, but nothing ever shows up. Maybe because I've been using gift payments. I don't know.
confused.gif

Yea the gift payments won't show up. It has to be a payment for a product before it will let you import it.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
So, since I can't get the bottle apart, I've got to spray the juice into each atomizer. For this split I had to make 24 separate atomizers. Not only do I have to spray each one, but then I have to wipe each one down with alcohol (spraying makes a tremendous mess), label each bottle, and tape the label and screw top (so it doesn't leak).

That's pretty much the whole gist. If anybody has any other questions, let me know.

How much scent ends up on the table? The vials look like a pretty small target.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The funnel is the key to the whole spray-to-decant process no doubt.

It is a fair bit of work tho'; thanks yet again Rambo!

PS - The absolutely over-the-top ridiculous Secretions Magnifique reviews on YouTube have me interested I hate to say. I can't imagine I'd want more than 5mL.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MyTailorIsRich
How much scent ends up on the table? The vials look like a pretty small target.
Not that much really. An errant spray here or there. You get the occasional mist as well.
Originally Posted by Notreknip
The funnel is the key to the whole spray-to-decant process no doubt. It is a fair bit of work tho'; thanks yet again Rambo! PS - The absolutely over-the-top ridiculous Secretions Magnifique reviews on YouTube have me interested I hate to say. I can't imagine I'd want more than 5mL.
Funnels really don't work all that much better if you know what you're doing. Check the Scent of the Day thread. Tons of SM reviews in there as well.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So it seems that I'm going to have 3 Knize splits left over. If these fruitcakes don't get back to me by tomorrow then they're up for grabs. Let me know if you're interested in any or all of them. Thanks.

bandrus1

Reaction score
So it seems that I'm going to have 3 Knize splits left over. If these fruitcakes don't get back to me by tomorrow then they're up for grabs. Let me know if you're interested in any or all of them. Thanks.

waiting for mine.. if I like it I will prob take another

CologneReview

Reaction score
Well I have news, I guess it's good, but it's taken so long. I have received my refund of the original purchase of Creed Aventus today and already called the Boutique and placed our order. Manager of the store advised it'd be shipped out today and would be in my hands on Tuesday at the latest! I apologize for this horrible wait, but know it was out of my hands.

With that I've got a spot or two open in the split because of people backing out. If anyone is interested PM me.

I also still have room in the splits for Bond No. 9 New Harlem and Amouage Reflection for Men

fobe46

Reaction score
Well I have news, I guess it's good, but it's taken so long. I have received my refund of the original purchase of Creed Aventus today and already called the Boutique and placed our order. Manager of the store advised it'd be shipped out today and would be in my hands on Tuesday at the latest! I apologize for this horrible wait, but know it was out of my hands.

With that I've got a spot or two open in the split because of people backing out. If anyone is interested PM me.

I also still have room in the splits for Bond No. 9 New Harlem and Amouage Reflection for Men

Hey I am new to this thread but may be interested in the aventus. Where is the post with the info on them. Thanks!

CologneReview

Reaction score
Creed Aventus? CLOSED PM me if interested to start another split
creed-aventus.jpg
Top Note: Blackcurrant from sunny Corsica, where Napoleon was born. Bergamot from Italy, site of victories that made Napoleon famous. Calville Blanc apples of France, where Napoleon rose to be emperor. Royal pineapple, Napoleon’s favorite palace dessert. Middle Note: Napoleon Roses. Louisiana birch, the very wood of his throne. Jasmine from Egypt, where his empire reached. Exotic patchouli, valued for scent -– and health. Base Note: Oak moss from Spain, which Napoleon conquered late in his career. Ambergris from the seas, to show the strength of Napoleon’s navy. Gourmand vanilla in the French style signals the touch of high living Napoleon enjoyed.

Here's the original post. It's $90.50 for ~50mL of Aventus. I may split it down into smaller amounts depending on interest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads