• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Dieworkwear Appreciation Thread

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The skin colors of both the immigrant in this situation and the person hiring him are what make the reference to slavery appropriate

This is a pretty dangerous road to go down. We can't start looking at every interaction in society along racial lines and conjuring up racism where none exists, and we really cannot assume that a reference to slavery is appropriate in every employer/employee relationship where the latter is a person of colour.

you're the person who escalated the discussion with bizarre ranting about how talking about race and power dynamics as they appear to be portrayed in an article somehow constitutes racist trolling.

I'm not saying you're racist. I'm saying you're race-baiting. And you're the one who opened this can of worms when you started ranting about 'slavemasters' and 'rich white motherfuckers'. As I said above, you could have emailed Derek directly to ask for clarification. Instead you choose obnoxious, public virtue-signalling without caring what collateral damage you caused.

you're just going to pull out the ol alt-right playbook of "no you're the real racist for pointing out what appears to be racism" to stifle discussions about equality and the fair treatment and portrayal of people of color, then you ******** right off back to 4chan.

Again, I'm not saying you're racist. For what it's worth, I am very much of the left and 4chan holds no appeal to me.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile lets talk about how Derek officially declared the death of streetwear.
Someone please tell all these guys on stockx bidding up anything I have the slightest interest in...

Keith Taylor

Reaction score
everything+hurts+and+im+dying.gif

Today is the birthday of one of my sisters-in-law, and after failing to sell a few old blazers (a couple of basic RL Polo and one quite nice Zegna) I gave them to my wife to hand out to the family at the party. I spent an hour pressing them this afternoon as they’d been in storage for a while and had picked up some wrinkles. She stuffed all three into a shopping bag, jammed the bag into my canoe pack on top of all the party food and headed out the door, breezily waving away my complaint that they shouldn’t be balled up.

This is why we can’t have nice things :rolleyes:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So @dieworkwear , if I have cruelly and inconsiderately been for years subjecting my sport coats to improperly-sized coat hangers and am only now using appropriate ones, are my jackets irreparably damaged? I have a couple jackets that are clearly stretched and probably destroyed, but they're ill-fitting cheapos I'm planning to dispose of. However, one jacket I would like to keep, and while it's not as noticeably impacted, there is some ruffling/divot in one of the lightly-padded shoulders. Was thinking I might need to have a tailor do some restructuring.

In follow-up, this is what I am referring to. A bit more exaggerated here, as I am twisting to take the photo, but the fact that it can do this is the concern.

View attachment 1393829

I have sent in to RAVE FabriCARE for pressing and possible physical re-shaping.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@dieworkwear

I'm pretty sure my tailor has absconded to Europe and, in any case, the soonest I would be able to visit him here in NYC is end of June. Meanwhile I have a pair of Rota trousers from No Man Walks Alone that has just been sitting here, sad and neglected. All that's needed is a hem/cuffing and possibly a minor slimming of the leg. I know the inseam I need. Any tailors you can recommend who would be willing to handle by mail?

I guess I should pose this to @gdl203 as well.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@dieworkwear

I'm pretty sure my tailor has absconded to Europe and, in any case, the soonest I would be able to visit him here in NYC is end of June. Meanwhile I have a pair of Rota trousers from No Man Walks Alone that has just been sitting here, sad and neglected. All that's needed is a hem/cuffing and possibly a minor slimming of the leg. I know the inseam I need. Any tailors you can recommend who would be willing to handle by mail?

I guess I should pose this to @gdl203 as well.
Sam Wazin

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't slim the sleg though

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads